Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Duggar admits to "making mistakes" as a teen sexual molester

LadySkinsFan

My wife watches the show, I see it too. These incidents happened when they were taping specials for TLC. My wife was disgusted more that this came out now - someone has it out for the Duggars - and wouldn't we also cover this up?

What makes me mad about this is that they act so "perfect"... reality is that families deal with this type of stuff (I guess?). If my son did this to my daughter, I would think we would protect her first.

Also, this is big news because Josh Duggar worked (until yesterday) for Family Research Council. That is the part that is making this blow up. They are a far right anti-LGBTQ group. 

The FRC has said a lot of crazy stuff in the past - and many of their "experts" have claimed correlations between gays and "sexual predators."

“The reality is, homosexuals have entered the Scouts in the past for predatory purposes.”
– FRC vice president Rob Schwarzwalder, on radio’s “The Janet Mefferd Show,” Feb. 1, 2013.

"We believe the evidence shows … that relative to the size of their population, homosexual men are more likely to engage in child sexual abuse than are heterosexual men."
— Peter Sprigg, "Debating Homosexuality: Understanding Two Views." 2011.

“While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem.”

— FRC President Tony Perkins, FRC website, 2010

“[W]elcoming open homosexuality in the military would clearly damage the readiness and effectiveness of the force – in part because it would increase the already serious problem of homosexual assault in the military.”

— Peter Sprigg, “Homosexual Assault in the Military," 2010

"A little-reported fact is that homosexual and lesbian relationships are far more violent than are traditional married households."

-- Timothy Dailey, FRC publication, "Homosexual Parenting: Placing Children at Risk," 2002

“Gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement.”
— Robert Knight, FRC director of cultural studies, and Frank York, 1999

"One of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order." 

—1999 FRC publication, "Homosexual Behavior and Pedophilia," Robert Knight and Frank York

The FRC has said a lot of crazy stuff in the past - and many of their "experts" have claimed correlations between gays and "sexual predators."

—1999 FRC publication, "Homosexual Behavior and Pedophilia," Robert Knight and Frank York

There was a big uproar when SPLC labeled them as an anti-gay hate group, including several congressman (Boehner included) who came to their defense. 

They've really been at the forefront of pushing the gays = sexual predators = children will be abused mantra.

Sad.

I hope the girl is alright, and no lingering effects.

My wife watches the show all the time. They aren't normal, but weird isn't the word I'd use.  More like just DIFFERENT.  I have no desire to have 67 kids.  Not my thing.

Child molesting is terrible.  From a sibling, even worse.  I can't imagine.

Considering 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 5 boys are sexually molested, would anyone like to discuss the larger sociological issue? 

Not to break up the liberal circle jerk that goes on in here whenever there is an opportunity to attack Christianity, but religion isn't the problem. Weak/ scared adults that either don't know how to identify or are too afraid to call out suspicious behavior are. 

Not to break up the liberal circle jerk that goes on in here whenever there is an opportunity to attack Christianity, but religion isn't the problem. Weak/ scared adults that either don't know how to identify or are too afraid to call out suspicious behavior are. 

Who is attacking Christianity? I know your shtick is to be super duper neocon here and blame those wascally liberals for everything but cmon man..what's the point of doing it here? 

Who is attacking Christianity? I know your shtick is to be super duper neocon here and blame those wascally liberals for everything but cmon man..what's the point of doing it here? 

Well, I didn't dig through every post in this thread but I saw this one up near the top Even though no one is defending this guy at all... he isn't even defending himself. 

This didn't happen because this is a "strange family" or because they are Christian

And then of course rather than accept my invite to discuss the larger issue, you attack me.

/quote 

SpringfieldSkins

Sexual contact with those related to you is among the most despicable things a human could ever do. The fact that religious folks will defend this guy for forcing his siblings into incest while condemning homosexuality makes me lose faith in organized religion to an extent.

/quote 

SpringfieldSkins

Sexual contact with those related to you is among the most despicable things a human could ever do. The fact that religious folks will defend this guy for forcing his siblings into incest while condemning homosexuality makes me lose faith in organized religion to an extent.

religious folk = christianity?

As for your other comments - I'm sorry if you feel persecuted. 

religious folk = christianity?

As for your other comments - I'm sorry if you feel persecuted. 

Discussing or blaming this on religion is the problem and its a problem that could lead to more kids being abused. Pretending this kind of stuff only happens in certain places (those places vary, but its never your backyard) is the problem. The stats are 20 %of boys and 25% of girls. It happens everywhere 

There was a big uproar when SPLC labeled them as an anti-gay hate group, including several congressman (Boehner included) who came to their defense. 

They've really been at the forefront of pushing the gays = sexual predators = children will be abused mantra.

Uh, were really getting hijacked, but that mantra was, at least in my opinion, the very reason why the Religious Right became a political force, in the first place.

Me, I put the birth of the Religious Right in the 70s, in Florida, with Anitta Bryant. Their slogan was "they can't reproduce, so they must recruit". And their cause was to pass a wave of legislation doing things like making it illegal for homosexuals to be employed by a school. Or to be police or firefighters. Or work for government. Or health care. Or any job which comes into contact with children.

Because of their mantra that gays have a biological imperative to turn your children gay, if they can get close to one.

Considering 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 5 boys are sexually molested, would anyone like to discuss the larger sociological issue? 

Not to break up the mouth foaming right attempts to conjure liberal boggy men, but you got any support at all for that really huge claim you made, to open that post?

Zguy, I love you man, but you need to pick your battles better.   You are trying to pull a twa rearguard muddy the waters thing here, but you aren't anywhere near as experienced at it as twa is - and besides, you are too sincere.   :)

Oh and Redskins3d - I'm sorry you and the Christians that make up the overwhelming majority of our society are so persecuted.  

Not to break up the mouth foaming right attempts to conjure liberal boggy men, but you got any support at all for that really huge claim you made, to open that post?

So I used to facilitate this program, http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkGcISE/b.6143427/k.38C5/Child_Sexual_Abuse_Statistics.htm

and that's the stat we gave last year, i see it's been updated to "1-10 children."

Glad we cleared that up, I'm sure you'll stop attacking and get the issue now! /sarcasm 

Oh and Redskins3d - I'm sorry you and the Christians that make up the overwhelming majority of our society are so persecuted.  

again, not one person has offered anything to address this problem except a) blame religion  or  b  )   Blame the "crazy" family  

Fire at will, just don't pretend your actually helping anything by doing so. 

Zguy, I love you man, but you need to pick your battles better.   You are trying to pull a twa rearguard muddy the waters thing here, but you aren't anywhere near as experienced at it as twa is - and besides, you are too sincere.   :)

That's what my wife tells me too. :)

I am lost. This is a ES message board. Right?

People come here, share current news and folks comment. Not sure we are going to solve the issue across the nation of child molestation - but does that mean we just can chat about the current event?

Is anybody really claiming the Duggar lifestyle directly led to this? As Duckus pointed out, that's more the M.O. of the organization Josh worked for -- claims that pedophilia is a "homosexual problem."

I don't really see anyone saying this happened because of their religious upbringing. 

again, not one person has offered anything to address this problem except a) blame religion

Funny, I don't seen to recall reading a single post saying that.

Could you please quote it, for me? I mean, the thread is almost two whole pages long.

So I used to facilitate this program, http://www.d2l.org/site/c.4dICIJOkGcISE/b.6143427/k.38C5/Child_Sexual_Abuse_Statistics.htm

and that's the stat we gave last year, i see it's been updated to "1-10 children."

1 in 10 children, . . . . what?

Had a fellow child sext them?

Quote the person who did that. Or stop making things up.

I've already linked it. 

I am lost. This is a ES message board. Right?

People come here, share current news and folks comment. Not sure we are going to solve the issue across the nation of child molestation - but does that mean we just can chat about the current event?

Exactly right. You can chat about whatever you want. People offered their conclusions, I offered mine.  

again, not one person has offered anything to address this problem except a) blame religious hypocrites

b )  Blame the "crazy" family that makes millions promoting their religious lifestyle on TV while covering up the known problems with their son and who sent him to a crooked cop friend of the family instead of taking any real action (and the cop turned out to be a pedophile himself) and the son worked for the Family Research Council, a notorious organization that wraps up hate and bigotry in a veneer of religion, is on FOXNews every other day, and actually has huge influence on many of the politicians in this country 

Fixed that for you

Oh, and I'm sorry I don't have a pat answer for solving the larger problem of child abuse.   I'm still trying to get my head around this particular story.

Archived