Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Josh Duggar admits to "making mistakes" as a teen sexual molester

LadySkinsFan

Baptists are very loosely affiliated. Sometimes it seems that baptist just is a catch-all for anything not catholic out a major off shoot of it

Germany has a very large percentage of Protestants.. Liberal country. They are Lutheran, not baptist. UK is the same with Pentacostals and Anglicans.

That's funny. I grew up in a baptist church. After graduating college my wife and i settled in to a methodist church.

I have some Methodist friends.

:blink:

A Baptist is a Methodist without a high school diploma.

Kidding aside, there is a fundamental shift from one to the other. Methodism is far closer to Catholicism than it is Baptist.

I think the only similarity wit Methodists and Baptists is that they are American and not Catholic. Other than that nothing similar at all

Everyone is talking about protecting the victim's identities and I'm certainly all for that, but where was that same concern BEFORE the Dugger's favorite high profile son's molestations became public? I'm guessing that since some of his molestation victims were his own family members it has more to do with the Duggers protecting their own public image.

Every step of the way the Duggers and their church elders and the "authorities" that they informed of the molestation made the WRONG decisions, literally at every single turn. And so now the only "official" records have been destroyed, so now we're left with no other story other than the Duggers and their shills.

People who put their kids on reality TV are not focused on protecting them "1st". Can we agree on that?

Kidding aside, there is a fundamental shift from one to the other. Methodism is far closer to Catholicism than it is Baptist.

I think the only similarity wit Methodists and Baptists is that they are American and not Catholic. Other than that nothing similar at all

Pretty much spot on in my experience.

The biggest difference to me was how much the bible is used in the different services.

So are the Methodist failed Catholics or are the Catholics just stuck in the past?

A Baptist is a Methodist without a high school diploma.

I'm technically Baptist, since that is the church I was baptized in.  Parents switched to Lutheran after I moved to Charlotte for college.  Wife is Methodist.  When we go to church, which is rare, we go to a Lutheran church.

So, that would make Methodist a Lutheran without a 2 year college degree :P

Everyone is talking about protecting the victim's identities and I'm certainly all for that, but where was that same concern BEFORE the Dugger's favorite high profile son's molestations became public? I'm guessing that since some of his molestation victims were his own family members it has more to do with the Duggers protecting their own public image.

Every step of the way the Duggers and their church elders and the "authorities" that they informed of the molestation made the WRONG decisions, literally at every single turn. And so now the only "official" records have been destroyed, so now we're left with no other story other than the Duggers and their shills.

The victims are the one's who requested the destruction of the records via the judge.

They come from totally different heritages.

Baptists originally come from Anabaptist's who were closely related to Mennonites and Amish. Methodists came from the Wesley's and George Whitefield (who were Anglican preachers) who formed the "Holy Club", which stressed personal holiness and piety, when in college. They believed in evangelical preaching as opposed to the secular/liberal state of the church at the time. Whitefield is probably sighing in heaven over the state of Methodist's today.

Roman Catholic->Anglican->Methodist

Anabaptist->Baptist

well... there is that whole God and Jesus thing....   right?    ;)

seriously... it is hard enough trying to fathom how people can twist whatever religious texts they are reading to maim slaughter kill and rape people because they are a different religion....  (or , less extreme, just tear them down on an interwebz chat board)

... but different sects within the SAME religion?? if possible, that is even HARDER to comprehend.

YOUR brown eyes are brown like mud, but MINE are like mocha, dammit!

seriously... it is hard enough trying to fathom how people can twist whatever religious texts they are reading to maim slaughter kill and rape people because they are a different religion.... (or , less extreme, just tear them down on an interwebz chat board)

... but different sects within the SAME religion?? if possible, that is even HARDER to comprehend.

YOUR brown eyes are brown like mud, but MINE are like mocha, dammit!

Yup. And happens in all of them..Muslims have their own sect wars, christians have theirs....the catholics even have their own within catholicism...

That brainwashing works really good, doesn't it?

I've read the same request in multiple stories. From what I have read, the victims didn't want their names to be made public - thus the destruction. 

That said, it looks bad when a 2x appointed judge (by Duggar friend MIke Huckabee) orders the police to destroy a record that is usually kept indefinitely. She really couldn't have thought this would make the story go away, right?

Which victims requested it? His sisters?

Who knows. The report has been redacted (and now destroyed). I was just stating what I had read over the weekend.

The whole affair stinks to high heaven and you can tell it's a major coverup on the Duggars part  (and on the part of their political allies). 

To be honest though, I'm surprised the report was available under the FOIA in the first place. My limited understanding was that these type of reports were not privy to the FOIA.  Maybe the Duggars and their allies thought the same?

Innocent question for some of our lawyers:

Is destroying official records something that is done regularly?

Can any rape (or other crime) victim have the record of the crime destroyed, and what is needed in order to get such a request granted?

If the records are destroyed, can the defendant then claim innocence, and demand that any and all record of their involvement in this now non-existent crime also be destroyed?

as to this case,, it sure makes the stench stronger.

~Bang

Archived