Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Conspiracy Thread

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

Turn up the volume on the Doctson play, and listen closely, and you can hear the refs say, "Wait now, hold up hold, Jim. After the play was over, and before anyone insinuated interference, the defender immediately raised his hands in innocence, as if to say, "I did NOT do, what I believe you're ABOUT to justifiably  accuse me of". That of course, means the defender could not have possibly caused interference. So don't throw the flag !"

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

But, the calls going against us, to me, does not equal some conspiracy. 

I'd say that the timing of the call and non-call proves the conspiracy. Don't we always hear how the NFL refs usually lets teams play during the crucial part of the game instead of making calls on things, even obvious penalties get explained away by "well they were letting the players play" but both of these with the game close make it seem like they wanted it to go one way. If we had been down 14 points the calls likely go exactly how they should have gone.

15 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

So.....

That thread will have some fuel added to it...

1 - Alex Smith gets sacked with Watt landing on him and nearly breaking his neck with the whole body. But there's no flag. Clay Matthews would probably like to have a talk with those refs. Icing on the cake is Alex gets injured for the season. Maybe even more...

What is even more maddening is that Smith got called for this, yet landed with no more than his arm across Watson.

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

As a team, they are actually play much worse with Carson Wentz at the helm, than Nick Foles.

A little hyperbole here, Wentz had been lighting it up prior to the Saints game. He just laid a big ole stinky egg yesterday...mainly because I started him on my fantasy team, I’m certain.

17 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

A little hyperbole here, Wentz had been lighting it up prior to the Saints game. He just laid a big ole stinky egg yesterday...mainly because I started him on my fantasy team, I’m certain.

Then I'm assuming you will start him against the Redskins 

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I'd say that the timing of the call and non-call proves the conspiracy. Don't we always hear how the NFL refs usually lets teams play during the crucial part of the game instead of making calls on things, even obvious penalties get explained away by "well they were letting the players play" but both of these with the game close make it seem like they wanted it to go one way. If we had been down 14 points the calls likely go exactly how they should have gone.

Proves??

I completely agree that the inconsistency is frustrating. But let's be real here. Earlier in the 4th quarter the refs made a HUGE call against that Texans that could/should have cost them an opportunity to re-take the lead. On 3rd-and-10 there was a screen pass and they called a very questionable block in the back to set up 3rd-and-20 outside of FG range.

This was around the 7-8 minute mark and, for all they knew, if the Skins get the ball back there after 2 straight TD drives the game could be over. If the refs truly cared about the outcome of the game and wanted the Redskins to lose, there's no way they make that call. The refs do a bad job sometimes, but these guys aren't out there trying to favor a team. I'll never buy into that BS. 

I don't hate the Doctson no call as much as I hate the Norman hold and if you call that ticky tacky hold you should call the PI. By the way if Doctson caught that the clock would have just run out and we would have lost, not sure what the play call was there on 3rd down from the 45, was it Colt? Was it Jay?

Play call was Jay but don't think he expected Colt to throw in double coverage.  So, going to blame both of them on that one.

10 yards underneath was all we needed.  I need to watch the replay and see how many seconds tick off waiting for that moonball to come down.

Edited by RFK Lives

Not specifically Redskins related, but Schefter tweeted today about the NFL switching out officials for the big Rams/Chiefs MNF game(huge matchup, marquee franchises,supposed to be the Mexico City game etc.) at the last minute...

NFL pulled five members of referee Clete Blakeman’s crew and replaced them with high-performing officials from other crews for Monday night’s Chiefs-Rams game, which is very unusual, if not unprecedented, per @SeifertESPN. Usually this is how the NFL staffs playoff games.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1064293942542442496

Edited by Reaper Skins

33 years to the day after the worst injury in franchise history, our brand new "long term" solution at QB goes down in the exact same manner.  That's some seriously bad karma.

I still have goosebumps,” he said as he stuck his hands in his coat and made his way to the field. “I can’t believe it. November 18th is such a horrible day for Redskins quarterbacks.”

Earlier in the morning, the former Washington Redskins quarterback reminded his wife that it was the 33rd anniversary of the broken leg he suffered against the New York Giants on Nov. 18, 1985 – an injury considered one of the most gruesome in professional sports history.

Later in the day, he watched from a suite as current Redskins quarterback Alex Smith suffered a similar injury against the Texans, his right leg snapping in the same grisly fashion. Smith broke his right tibia and fibula, requiring immediate surgery, and he will miss the rest of the season, Coach Jay Gruden announced after the game.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/exactly-33-years-since-his-own-gruesome-injury-joe-theismann-just-so-upset-for-alex-smith/2018/11/18/4cace552-eb80-11e8-baac-2a674e91502b_story.html?utm_term=.79221f5c78c5

from 2013, here's where the "curse effect" originated from....

A blocked number shows up on the office phone. It rings once, twice. Eh, what the heck.

“This is Jay Winter Nightwolf,” the man on the other end says. “You have been looking for me, and you don’t even know it.”

Okay.

“I’m the one who put a curse on the team.”

Come on. Like, a real American Indian curse?

“It was actually a ceremonial prayer.”

So you prayed for bad things to happen to Dan Snyder’s team?

“No. I basically said, ‘Until they change their name, they will not have any good luck.’”

Whatever. What about getting Robert Griffin III last year? That was good luck.

“You sure about that?” Jay Winter Nightwolf says, laughing sinisterly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/washingtons-super-bowl-drought-the-product-of-karma-or-curse/2013/12/06/a7999ab4-5eae-11e3-bc56-c6ca94801fac_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.857fdb02cfcd

Edited by Reaper Skins

Inconsistency > Conspiracy.    I find the inconsistency to be the issue here.  The officials have too much power of the pen so to speak.  There is PI according to the rule book, but then PI according to how the officials choose to apply it on any given play.  That is the issue.  That is how you can have Norman called for the jersey grab after the play was over, on the opposite side of the field on a play where the QB was already scrambling beyond the LOS, and then turn around and watch Docston get mugged while the ball is in the air, eventually hitting him in the hands, and not throw the flag.

• Like 1

Not that this helps, but NFL admits refs missed a late call that would've assisted Redskins vs. Texans

You're finally over the Redskins' loss to the Texans and looking forward to their matchup against the Cowboys, right?

Well, time for you to get upset again.

At the end of that game, officials made a call on Josh Norman, a holding that shouldn't have been flagged.

They also didn't make a call involving Josh Doctson on a play where two Houston DBs got very physical with the 'Skins wide receiver on Washington's last play from scrimmage.

But hey! Guess what!?

On Tuesday, the NFL informed the Redskins that the Texans should've been penalized for pass interference on that second sequence:

Q2A2DpG9_normal.jpg
FWIW: The league told the Redskins that, yes, there should have been a pass interference penalty called on the deep ball to Josh Doctson. That will not make anyone feel any better.

Fantastic news, right? This means Dustin Hopkins can trot out and try his game-winning field goal again, doesn't it?

Oh, wait, it doesn't?

Of course it doesn't. 

These late admissions don't help anyone. They don't change the final scores or records of the teams involved.

So why don't you just head to the comments section of this blog and let it rip, because that's about the only thing you can do at this point.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Sad 1

f7825c5.jpg

- Click here for Craig Hoffman's take 

- Here's An SI article about Reed's non call and the officials not doing their job

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/23/jordan-reed-washington-dallas-helmet-hit-no-penalty?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

How have we never seen a NFL player walk up and straight knock out a ref?

They would get ejected from the game, then fined and probably suspended for the remaining of the year if not more.

Now I'll have to get a twitter account to teel Hoffman to check Cameron Fleming on that Zeke's TD.

6 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

They would get ejected from the game, then fined and probably suspended for the remaining of the year if not more.

Now I'll have to get a twitter account to teel Hoffman to check Cameron Fleming on that Zeke's TD.

And I would have to imagine there's been a player that's been ..how do I say had by a ref?..bad enough it pisses that player off enough to sacrifice missing a season or more by sending a message from every other player who's played the game and been screwed by a ref, for every coach that has lost a game because of officiating and for every GOD DAMN FAN WHO IS ABSOLUTELY ****IN FED UP WITH THE BULL ****!!...by just walking up and knocking a ref out

Some of the calls are disturbing but as a team you have to learn to move on from that. This team has had questionable and shady officiating against them for years. It has NOTHING to do though with the 40 yard or the 90 yard TD passes. I am more concerned about the defense giving up on both those than the officiating. 

Officiating plays a factor. I honestly have NEVER officiated a game in my life, little league or professional. I can't see how these dumb refs always get the call wrong or blatantly miss things. But it's not the only factor. I've always said this...you can't DEPEND on the officials. You need to play well REGARDLESS of whether the officials are on your side or not. 

The Redskins did that for a half. Then they lied down and had too much Turkey and said "I give up" in the 3rd quarter. THAT is why they lost. Because Cooper broke free for 40 yards, and Cooper had the longest catch and run of the 2018 season. It had nothing to do with the officials. 

28 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Some of the calls are disturbing but as a team you have to learn to move on from that. This team has had questionable and shady officiating against them for years. It has NOTHING to do though with the 40 yard or the 90 yard TD passes. I am more concerned about the defense giving up on both those than the officiating. 

Officiating plays a factor. I honestly have NEVER officiated a game in my life, little league or professional. I can't see how these dumb refs always get the call wrong or blatantly miss things. But it's not the only factor. I've always said this...you can't DEPEND on the officials. You need to play well REGARDLESS of whether the officials are on your side or not. 

The Redskins did that for a half. Then they lied down and had too much Turkey and said "I give up" in the 3rd quarter. THAT is why they lost. Because Cooper broke free for 40 yards, and Cooper had the longest catch and run of the 2018 season. It had nothing to do with the officials. 

Sure it does.  The officials should have tackled Cooper.

It would be nice if someone who represents the team (owner, GM, Pres, HC, anyone really) would come out and publicly challenge the NFL and the officials.

They dont because they arent fans.  Fans care about winning.  Our owner down the line care about making money.  They wont upset the apple cart and risk losing money.

• Like 2

If anyone thinks that NFL has no conspiracy then just take a look at this picture from NFL.com front page for black Friday. What team is represented here in the middle...while the other two teams only have one small logo but the cowgirls guy can be seen from a miles away...  hmmmmmm

0ap3000000990129.jpg&f=jpg&w=1280&c=80

• Haha 1