Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

1 hour ago, China said:

State Troopers in Louisiana Kept Turning Off Their Bodycams and Allegedly Beating People

Four Louisiana state troopers who turned off their bodycams to dole out beatings to suspects in their custody have been arrested and charged for using excessive force.

Human garbage.  The book should be thrown at them.  But it won't.

• Like 2

N.J. cops under investigation for repeatedly punching man on video, authorities say

Two Paterson police officers are under investigation after a video surfaced on social media showing them repeatedly punching a 19-year-old man before arresting him for aggravated assault, authorities said.

Mayor Andre Sayegh told NJ Advance Media on Monday the officers remain on duty while the incident is being “actively investigated” by city detectives and the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office.

“The police department’s internal affairs division is investigating and the case has been forwarded to the prosecutor’s office,” Sayegh said. “Other than that, there’s not much more I can say.”

The altercation occurred about 12:30 a.m. Dec. 14, 2020, when police were called to a report of a suspicious person in the 1200 block of Madison Avenue, according to a police report.

Osamah Alsaidi, of Paterson, claims he was walking from his home to his car “to go to work” when Paterson police officers approached “and started punching me for no reason.”

“They throw me to ground (and) they kept smashing my head on the ground, causing me to black out for a moment,” Alsaidi said in an Instagram post on Friday.

Click on the link for the full article and video

13 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

We're well past the point of thinking only 1/1000 of cops are bad.

There are approximately 700,000 police officers in the US.  If 1/1000 are bad, that's still 700 bad officers.  But with the rate we are seeing things reported (and not everything is), that means there are thousands of bad police officers.  there are approximately 18,000 police forces in the US.  You can't tell me that each one doesn't have a number of bad cops.  So really we're talking tens of thousands of bad cops.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yanno it isn't just cops when the system condones and encourages it

Washington State Judge Caught on Video Mocking Black Man Fatally Shot by Police and His Family, Calls Mount for His Resignation: ‘Unacceptable’

https://atlantablackstar.com/2021/03/16/washington-state-judge-caught-on-video-mocking-black-man-fatally-shot-by-police-and-his-family-calls-mount-for-his-resignation-unacceptable/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm&fbclid=IwAR29oVOP-L7Aff0KPk6zldaXuXjA0ToK8Y6b9ZMSwmHaNuFc7lL5iEfWhGY

Huntington Beach police officer charged with creating fake dating profile of co-worker

A Huntington Beach police officer is facing charges after allegedly creating a dating profile using the information of a fellow officer who began dating his ex-girlfriend, prosecutors said Friday.

Steven Tennant, a 32-year-old Yorba Linda resident, is charged with two misdemeanor counts of internet impersonation for the purpose of harming, intimidating, threatening and defrauding, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release.

Tennant is accused of using a photo and personal phone number of the other officer to create a profile on doublelist.com, a dating website.

The officer’s information was posted to the website twice in September 2020, after he began dating Tennant’s ex, according to the DA’s office.

The victim became aware something was up when he started getting texts from people he didn’t know referencing the dating ads, prosecutors said.

The victim officer told a supervisor he was being harassed, and Huntington Beach police opened an investigation.

Click on the link for the full article

https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/body-camera-police-footage-5-year-old-boy/65-48579fa7-8422-48b4-8f6f-f5361721879a

At that point, the officer takes the boy's arm and starts leading him to a police cruiser, and the boy starts to cry. A female school employee is also seen in the video holding the boy's hand, telling him she's riding with him back to school. The crying child is buckled into the backseat of the police car. 

"Does your mama spank you?" the female officer asks the boy. "She's going to spank you today. I'm going to ask her if I can do it."

Yikes....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

https://www.13newsnow.com/mobile/article/news/local/body-camera-police-footage-5-year-old-boy/65-48579fa7-8422-48b4-8f6f-f5361721879a

At that point, the officer takes the boy's arm and starts leading him to a police cruiser, and the boy starts to cry. A female school employee is also seen in the video holding the boy's hand, telling him she's riding with him back to school. The crying child is buckled into the backseat of the police car. 

"Does your mama spank you?" the female officer asks the boy. "She's going to spank you today. I'm going to ask her if I can do it."

Yikes....

A long time ago....this was acceptable and appreciated.

On 3/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It’s pathetic.

And is pointless. You dont treat people like this, especially children, and expect good results. What lesson do you think that 5 year old learned from the police that day? 

Nothing. Police are bad guys and I dont like them. Thats about it. 

11 hours ago, China said:

Cops are the bad guys. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 7:23 PM, China said:

There are approximately 700,000 police officers in the US.  If 1/1000 are bad, that's still 700 bad officers.  But with the rate we are seeing things reported (and not everything is), that means there are thousands of bad police officers.  there are approximately 18,000 police forces in the US.  You can't tell me that each one doesn't have a number of bad cops.  So really we're talking tens of thousands of bad cops.

Just a point of clarity if you got the 18k number from the doj report, and also use 700k from there, 700k is indeed understated.  it says 750K, but its only for reporting department, and states that the number is probably lower.  Also, it says full time. With budgets in many small towns (at least every department that my family member has worked at) has non full time officers so they can save $.  I'd imagine that this is prevalent elsewhere.

I'm not condoning the behavior of bad cops.  Even as a white male, I'd say the bulk of my experiences with cops could be better, and especially when I was younger, they harassed us all the time.

That said, I do understand how when your job is to deal with bad news, day in and day out - a lot of folks tend to lose sympathy and compassion, and take much sharper stances against everyone involved.  I'm not saying it's right, it just seems to be human nature.  They tend to live in a bubble so to speak and begin to paint with a very broad brush.  I'm no psychologist, this is just something I've noticed from different professions, as well as cops.  I have no idea what can be done about that either.

The "all cops are bad"  narrative would evaporate so easily if the bad ones were just held accountable more often, and without a mountain of public pressure needing to happen first.  Questionable behaviors by cops can range too, it doesn't always mean killing someone or even causing bodily harm.  It can be as simple as interactions where the police exercise little to no effort to de-escalate the situation.   I feel like the main issue for as long as I have been alive has been the lack of accountability for the bad cops coupled with the supposed good cops who stand idly by and say/do nothing to stop the bad actions.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not condoning the behavior of bad cops.  Even as a white male, I'd say the bulk of my experiences with cops could be better, and especially when I was younger, they harassed us all the time.

That said, I do understand how when your job is to deal with bad news, day in and day out - a lot of folks tend to lose sympathy and compassion, and take much sharper stances against everyone involved.  I'm not saying it's right, it just seems to be human nature.  They tend to live in a bubble so to speak and begin to paint with a very broad brush.  I'm no psychologist, this is just something I've noticed from different professions, as well as cops.  I have no idea what can be done about that either.

For sure its hard to be nice when you are a cop. You deal with and see some crazy ****. That's part of the defund the police thing though. Don't have them go chase down 5 year old's who are skipping school. There are better equipped people for that. 

But also as an adult you have to know that screaming in a 5 year old's face like that is ****ing pathetic and a waste of your time. Its got to say something that they cant see that kid and imagine themselves at that age, or some other child they know, and feel any kind of empathy.