Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm not condoning the behavior of bad cops.  Even as a white male, I'd say the bulk of my experiences with cops could be better, and especially when I was younger, they harassed us all the time.

That said, I do understand how when your job is to deal with bad news, day in and day out - a lot of folks tend to lose sympathy and compassion, and take much sharper stances against everyone involved.  I'm not saying it's right, it just seems to be human nature.  They tend to live in a bubble so to speak and begin to paint with a very broad brush.  I'm no psychologist, this is just something I've noticed from different professions, as well as cops.  I have no idea what can be done about that either.

To me, this is a big part of the community policing bit (or whatever you want to call it).  So many cops are in their patrol cars for much of the day, pulling people over and responding to calls - the negativity bubble you’re talking about.  Feel like just getting out and interacting with people who aren’t doing anything wrong goes a long way in changing the psychology for both the officers and the community.  

Of course, the major issues seem to be accountability and transparency - two things many PDs (or maybe it’s the unions more so?) are against, though I believe some have seen the efficacy and trust this affords them.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

For sure its hard to be nice when you are a cop. You deal with and see some crazy ****. That's part of the defund the police thing though. Don't have them go chase down 5 year old's who are skipping school. There are better equipped people for that. 

But also as an adult you have to know that screaming in a 5 year old's face like that is ****ing pathetic and a waste of your time. Its got to say something that they cant see that kid and imagine themselves at that age, or some other child they know, and feel any kind of empathy. 

Oh, I’m not excusing the incident with the 5 year old or really any incident in particular.  I was just generally speaking about cops.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Oh, I’m not excusing the incident with the 5 year old or really any incident in particular.  I was just generally speaking about cops.

I feel you. I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you were. I was really just agreeing with you and still marveling at the video. 

I remember meeting cops as a kid when my mom was a Principal and thinking they were legit the coolest people in the world and I have no idea why. So I was just imagining myself in this position. 

Former Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody, who was a regular on the reality TV show Live PD, surrendered to police Thursday to be charged with tampering with video evidence of the death of Javier Ambler II. More than two years ago, deputies chased Ambler for a minor headlight violation and tased him until he stopped breathing. He died from heart failure triggered by the incident. The case was kept under wraps until the Austin American-Statesman and KVUE-TV obtained police records. 

Cops Caught on Video Holding a Black Army Lieutenant at Gunpoint, Then Pepper-Spraying Him

Caron Nazario was driving his newly-purchased Chevy Tahoe home when two police officers pulled him over in Windsor, Virginia, whipped out their guns, and started barking orders. 

With their weapons raised, the officers demanded that Nazario, a Black and Latino man, get out of the SUV. Nazario looked in the mirror and saw he was being held at gunpoint, then placed his cellphone on his dashboard to film the December 5 encounter. He repeatedly asked to know what was going on. At one point, he even admitted to being afraid to leave the vehicle.

“Yeah, you should be,” one of the officers responded. 

Nazario, a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army Medical Corps, was coming home from work and in full uniform at the time.

“I’m serving this country, and this is how I’m treated?” Nazario told the officers, according to his cellphone video.

By the end of the incident, the cops would threaten Nazario, pepper-spray him in the face, and knee-strike him in the legs, according to body camera footage, Nazario’s cellphone video, and legal filings. Later, when Nazario was in tears and on the ground of a gas station parking lot as officers put him in handcuffs, he repeated, “This is ****ed up, this is ****ed up.” 

The officers allegedly told Nazario if he were to complain, they’d charge him with crimes like obstruction, eluding, and assault on a law enforcement officer—potentially destroying his military career. 

But now Nazario has a lawyer. And he sued the two Windsor police officers, Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker, on April 2, alleging violations of his constitutional rights under the Fourth and First Amendments. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

Don’t Run from Me, Boy’: Texas Deputy Placed on Desk Duty After Viral Video Shows Him Punching Black Teen

A Texas deputy is on desk duty and finds himself the focus of an internal investigation after video showed him tackling and punching a 16-year-old Black teenager he accused of running from him.

Harris-County-deputy-punches-teen-600x57

https://atlantablackstar.com/2021/04/08/dont-run-from-me-boy-texas-deputy-placed-on-desk-duty-after-viral-video-shows-him-punching-black-teen/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Cops Caught on Video Holding a Black Army Lieutenant at Gunpoint, Then Pepper-Spraying Him

I'm thinking that one of the things that's needed, here, is a visit from some soldiers.  Who will, calmly and non-violently, explain to the officers that they messed with a "gang" that's bigger than theirs.  And that this "gang" sticks up for their own, too.  

• Like 2

Maryland enacts landmark police overhaul, first state to repeal police bill of rights.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/hogan-vetoes-police-accountibility/2021/04/09/c0ac4096-9967-11eb-962b-78c1d8228819_story.html

Details: The legislation outlines a new procedure for disciplining officers accused of wrongdoing that would replace the powerful police bill of rights, according to the Post. Civilians would play a role in the process.

The measures also include changes to the state's use-of-force guidelines, a mandate for the use of body cameras statewide and limits on the use of no-knock search warrants, among other reforms.

https://news.yahoo.com/maryland-lawmakers-override-gov-hogans-221151176.html

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Like 7

https://www.wtkr.com/news/windsor-officer-terminated-after-traffic-stop-incident-involving-army-lt

A second lieutenant in the U.S. Army says he was pepper-sprayed, threatened, and assaulted by Windsor police officers during a traffic stop in December. 

The lieutenant is now suing the two Virginia police officers over the traffic stop during which the officers drew their guns, pointed them at him and used a slang term to suggest he was facing execution.

• Like 1

Cop buddy of mine told me a long time ago to take those off of your mirror cause they can be used a justification to pull you over. Shame this man died over something like this. 

Obviously you have to wait for detail or a video. But at the same time....it’s a pattern. 

On the on hand, this is obviously terrible and very upsetting and couldn’t have happened at a worse time for that part of the country.

On the other hand, the “air freshener” thing kinda smacks of activist sloganeering that is frequently used to obscure important details of the incident.

I need more hard information.

43 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Cop buddy of mine told me a long time ago to take those off of your mirror cause they can be used a justification to pull you over. Shame this man died over something like this. 

Obviously you have to wait for detail or a video. But at the same time....it’s a pattern. 

What kind of justification?  Is stuff hanging from the mirror not allowed?

43 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Supposedly it obstructs the drivers vision so its an easy citation. Its not just air fresheners but anything hanging from the rear view mirror. More importantly imo is that its used as an excuse to start a confrontation. This was the same cat (the guy who told me) I grew up with that was pulled out of the car with me in Waldorf cause we looked like we didn't know where we were going. So i took it seriously when he told me I had to take my fuzzy dice off of my mirror (i loved those fuzzy dice) cause I trust him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This incident took place in December, as of last week the officer was still working. They saw the video, the reason he was fired 4 months later is because WE saw the video. Which only shows us that little has changed with regard to protecting bad officers.  

• Like 2

FYI the Minni police said the guy had outstanding warrants and that he jumped back in the car and tried to drive off. 

Not that I trust the police at all, but if thats the case thats not how you survive that situation.  

41 minutes ago, Llevron said:

FYI the Minni police said the guy had outstanding warrants and that he jumped back in the car and tried to drive off. 

Not that I trust the police at all, but if thats the case thats not how you survive that situation.  

Yeah that's what I read as well but last time I checked you don't get to shoot and kill a suspect for fleeing.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah that's what I read as well but last time I checked you don't get to shoot and kill a suspect for fleeing.  

Yea I feel you. But the fact of the matter, unfortunately for all of us, is that some police are aggressive and chances of surviving contact with them drop wayyyyyy too low once you take certain actions. Running is one of the big ones. There are......other factors. 

I feel you though. This is me taking the emotion out of it for myself and just making it a game of survival. Its probably a coping mechanism, sorry if it comes off cold.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

In Virginia hanging anything from the mirror is a violation that can get you pulled over. I think they call that a primary violation? (Secondary is something they can cite you for if they pull you over but they cannot stop you for it alone)

other states may vary. 

They taught us that in drivers ed

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I think they are if they view the person as a threat to the community. That may be a state by state thing though. I’m pretty sure there was a scotus case on it?

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This incident took place in December, as of last week the officer was still working. They saw the video, the reason he was fired 4 months later is because WE saw the video. Which only shows us that little has changed with regard to protecting bad officers.  

I was trying to figure out that. It sounded like they fired him in January after an internal investigation.

10 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Presser going on now...the police chief is claiming "accidental discharge".  (He's claiming the officer meant to use her taser, not her gun.)

Riiiiiight.

they are on different sides of your waste. If you made that mistake at the very least you are criminally negligent and should be charged with manslaughter.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

cops shouldn’t be judges or executioners...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Presser going on now...the police chief is claiming "accidental discharge".  (He's claiming the officer meant to use her taser, not her gun.)

Riiiiiight.

Can a grown man put his entire foot in his mouth?  Smerconish explores the possibility!

• Haha 1