Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

32 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I never see that happen.

Perhaps it happens.

If someone calls the cops because of color only, why don't they do it every single time from the age they learn how to dial?

Not saying there isn't a racial bias with everyone of every race, just saying it is weird when a 45 year old decides to call the cops on a black person juggling in the courtyard because he's racist.

I don't know at what age people feel the entitlement that the cops work for them, I just know that a lot of people do and they seem to have one common denominator.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I don't know at what age people feel the entitlement that the cops work for them, I just know that a lot of people do and they seem to have one common denominator.

Sounds a lot anecdotal, and a little like a witch hunt towards the caller.  Deflecting one's uncivil behavior via the attack on the color of their skin ONLY.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I never see that happen.

Perhaps it happens.

If someone calls the cops because of color only, why don't they do it every single time from the age they learn how to dial?

Not saying there isn't a racial bias with everyone of every race, just saying it is weird when a 45 year old decides to call the cops on a black person juggling in the courtyard because he's racist.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Sounds a lot anecdotal, and a little like a witch hunt towards the caller.  Deflecting one's uncivil behavior via the attack on the color of their skin ONLY.

It happens all the time, man. People of color (particularly African Americans) face racial discrimination, profiling, etc at a high rate. Its the "suspicion" factor that plays into why cops get called. It happens far too often in this country. Not really anecdotal at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It happens all the time, man. People of color (particularly African Americans) face racial discrimination, profiling, etc at a high rate. Its the "suspicion" factor that plays into why cops get called. It happens far too often in this country. Not really anecdotal at all.

I know people incorporate race in to their judgement, but the specific thing here is people calling the cops for "any reason".  Like, oh that Asian person is buying Similac at 3 PM at Walmart - Cops time!  I just don't see it.

Can this be measured?  Is there a heep of documented proof?  Or are we going by peoples own accounts?  Which is anecdotal, a word that I feel can be associated with "BS".  It's not.  It may reveal the truth, like how the COD suspicion train started years ago.  I can belive it.

I know there is systematic racism, and I've seen videos of racist a-holes doing ridiculous things.  I'm just thinking this particular claim is a little far.

Please don't paint me as the hillbilly with the stars & bars hat and sawed-off in my truck...living in the woods with my sister.  I'm just inquiring.  😄

Double... if you know there is widespread, institutionalized racism (again, primarily aimed towards Black and Brown people) , then you know that doesn't automatically stop when people go home for the evening, or enter a place of business.

There doesn't really need to be a "Reason," because racial profiling is already based on the notion that people of color are more "Sketchy," "Don't belong here," "Clearly stole something," "Look dangerous," etc. 

A persons entire thought process is compromised,  to the pointing of there being a negative reaction towards even the most mundane of things,  like walking your dog several times around the neighborhood, going to get the mail, kneeling down in the snack isle to grab a kit kat, etc.

And thats the more benign of encounters. Maybe the person of color told off a neighbor, and that neighbor wants revenge. Maybe it was a group of people, and they were "loud and obnoxious," and someone else lost something, making them the "Suspects."

It's very prevalent, bud. The fact that you haven't seen it personally, is pretty irrelevant 

Do I have a documented case by case basis of every time Black people were falsely reported to the Police? No I do not. What we all have is the undeniable understanding of the depths in which Black people (and other people of color) are viewed as inferior to their white counterparts in the United States of America, and how that affects their day to day lives, in every facet. Every one. 

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Word @Mr. Sinister.  I realize being incredibly white, but street smart as hell isn't doing me any favors being able to know what you're talking about.  I hear the testimony you lay out, but never see it.  In fact, I could give thousands of examples of where the minority did the things you used as examples, and nothing happened.  I can't feel their paranoia, though.  Even if nothing happens, their racedar is on defcon 5.

17 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Word @Mr. Sinister.  I realize being incredibly white, but street smart as hell isn't doing me any favors being able to know what you're talking about.  I hear the testimony you lay out, but never see it.  In fact, I could give thousands of examples of where the minority did the things you used as examples, and nothing happened.  I can't feel their paranoia, though.  Even if nothing happens, their racedar is on defcon 5.

The starting point for proof on this is Nextdoor. Sign up and if there’s any significant black population in your area, you’ll quickly see the posts dominated by a few different categories, i.e. items for sale/giveaways, “my dog’s missing” and BOLOS for “suspicious black person”. The latter may actually be a person acting suspiciously, but more often than not, it’s going to be some random POC walking down the street minding their own business while their actions are interpreted as “suspicious”. In fairness though, please feel free to start posting incidents where random white people walking down the street have police called on them. Bonus points will be awarded where the brown shirts show up and beat the **** out of or shoot the white person in question. My money says if I were to post the same for black folks having the cops called on them, it will be proportionally more than the black population.  I’ll be watching this thread for you to prove me wrong but I won’t hold my breath.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Thanks 1

Np, but what went down today (and the way it was portrayed in the news by various outlets) further underscores the point that I was trying to make on just how wildly different groups of people are perceived in this country, based on the color of their skin. It seeps into every crack of our country, and minorities bear the brunt of that manifestation, even when we are minding our own business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It should go without saying, that if it was BLM storming the Capitol building today. These things would've happened immediately and before the week is done:

- dozens upon dozens of black and brown people shot dead by police (the same police seen taking selfies with these insurgents btw)

- DC put on lockdown until several more arrests were made for the organizers of this clearly terrorist event. 

- bills put forward and rushed into law that further limit actual non-violent protests that resemble nothing like what we saw today. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Np, but what went down today (and the way it was portrayed in the news by various outlets) further underscores the point that I was trying to make on just how wildly different groups of people are perceived in this country, based on the color of their skin. It seeps into every crack of our country, and minorities bear the brunt of that manifestation, even when we are minding our own business.

See, I don't watch the news.  I work all the time, and on my off-time work on my hobbies.  I came off as ignorant, because I am.

Always carry myself as if everyone is cool.  That's my first approach.  I experience people of all races being happy-go-lucky, laughing, and not being subjects to racism.

I love you all.  F*** this **** on my doorstep.  I'm in Tulsa, but feel a huge urge to ride my bike downtown, like old times, and spray Raid around the Capital building.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

See, I don't watch the news.  I work all the time, and on my off-time work on my hobbies.  I came off as ignorant, because I am.

Always carry myself as if everyone is cool.  That's my first approach.  I experience people of all races being happy-go-lucky, laughing, and not being subjects to racism.

I love you all.  F*** this **** on my doorstep.  I'm in Tulsa, but feel a huge urge to ride my bike downtown, like old times, and spray Raid around the Capital building.

Man, the thing is, there are people out there that don't want you to know, want you to just accept the crafted blurb and move on, they do not want you aware of the reality that others have to deal with.

Ignorant is ok, ignorant just means you don't know, and when you become aware that you don't know you begin to learn. That's positive progress. Admitting it like that, here on the interwebz where random flocks can swoop in at any second to chew yer azz? Bold, a sign of character, kudos.

I am shocked on a regular basis when I come across something I'd never heard of about our history. It genuinely bothers me. I'm a mouthy ole fart and I've been a lotta places/ met a lotta people and for something to slip thru the cracks every single freekin time suggests to me that someone really didn't want me to know it.

Tuskegee

Tulsa

I could crash the server just listing it all.

But when you see the holes, when you notice that there are holes where something should be, trust me, that's a good thing.

I'm a cynic because I pay attention

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@LD0506

Hell yes.  I'm on board.  All I want to do is learn.  The worry I have is that some can't admit defeat, that they are wrong, they are indoctrinated.  There is no shame in being wrong.  Learn from it and become smarter.  My life goal.

Dude, if minorities are being called on skin color, screw those people calling x1000.  I will find them, and I will poop on them.

❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

@LD0506

Hell yes.  I'm on board.  All I want to do is learn.  The worry I have is that some can't admit defeat, that they are wrong, they are indoctrinated.  There is no shame in being wrong.  Learn from it and become smarter.  My life goal.

Dude, if minorities are being called on skin color, screw those people calling x1000.  I will find them, and I will poop on them.

❤️

And right there you nailed it, something vitally meaningful and important, you are the only one you are responsible for, it isn't you job to change anyone else's mind, just work on your own.

Do that and you're an example to others.

39 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

And right there you nailed it, something vitally meaningful and important, you are the only one you are responsible for, it isn't you job to change anyone else's mind, just work on your own.

Exactly.  Lead by example.  Thanks brother.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Exactly. No one has to save the world. If everyone took care of themselves, tending their own gardens, the world would be clean. As I share with friends, I don’t have time for political activism. I’m too busy fighting my own battles/demons. And that’s how I contribute 😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A Michigan deputy was fired after he arrested a Black man who was going door-to-door collecting signatures

The Calhoun County deputy who arrested a Black man for collecting signatures has been fired.

Authorities say two deputies were sent to a neighborhood in Springfield, Michigan on January 2 after receiving a call about a suspicious person possibly soliciting.

A 10-minute video recording shows La'Ron Marshall was going door-to-door collecting signatures to form a tenant organization when police arrested him.

The video starts with police telling Marshall to put his hands behind his back while Marshall asks why he's being arrested.

"For soliciting," a deputy said.

"Soliciting what?" Marshall asked.

"Whatever you're soliciting," a deputy said.

"So you don't even know what I'm doing," Marshall said.

Marshall told the maskless deputies that he wasn't soliciting money, he was only collecting signatures.

One of the deputies in the video repeatedly asks Marshall to show his ID and arrested him after Marshall refused.

The unidentified person recording the video asks the deputies for their badge numbers, but the deputies refused to provide them.

Click on the link for the full article

Former Vt. trooper accused of luring child for sex

A former Vermont state trooper is facing federal charges, accused of trying to lure an underage girl for sex.

According to court documents, Thomas Cesiro, 66, of Rutland, thought he was talking to a 12-year-old girl and her 39-year-old mother in New York, but it was an undercover agent posing as both in a sting operation.

Investigators say Cesiro attempted to persuade the young girl to have sex with him and planned to meet her in a parking lot in Bennington this past October. When he arrived, he was arrested.

caMm6N8.jpg

Edited by China

Florida Cop Slams Female Student to Ground, Knocks Her Out

A violent video of a cop slamming a female student to the ground and seemingly knocking her unconscious is raising serious questions about the level of force used here.

The video was shot Tuesday at Liberty High School in Osceola, Florida. You can see a young woman -- allegedly a student -- with her hands behind her back as a deputy slams her to the ground. There was a loud bang as the girl's head slammed to the concrete, and she appears to be immediately out cold.

• Sad 2

More Houston officers indicted in wake of deadly drug raid

A second Houston police officer has been charged with murder and is among additional officers who have been indicted as part of an ongoing investigation into a Houston Police Department narcotics unit following a deadly 2019 drug raid, prosecutors announced Monday.

In all, a dozen officers tied to the narcotics unit have been indicted after their work came under scrutiny following the January 2019 drug raid in which Dennis Tuttle, 59, and his wife, Rhogena Nicholas, 58, were killed.

“The consequences of corruption are two innocent ordinary people were killed in their homes, four police officers were shot, one of them paralyzed and now all of them will face Harris County jurors who will decide their fate,” said Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg.

Officer Felipe Gallegos was indicted for murder in Tuttle’s death. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison, Ogg said.

Rusty Hardin, an attorney for Gallegos, declined to comment on the case Monday.

Five other officers were indicted Monday for their roles in an alleged scheme to steal overtime payments as part of their work with the narcotics squad.

Three of the officers — Oscar Pardo, Cedell Lovings and Nadeem Ashraf — face first degree felony charges of engaging in organized criminal activity related to theft of a public servant and tampering with a governmental record. They face up to life in prison if convicted.

Two other officers — Frank Medina and Griff Maxwell — face second-degree felonies on these same charges and could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

Ogg said grand jurors on Monday also indicted three retired officers who had been indicted last year on different charges in connection with the case. Two of these officers — Clemente Reyna and Thomas Wood — were indicted on first degree felony charges of engaging in organized criminal activity related to theft of a public servant and tampering with a governmental record. The third retired officer — Hodgie Armstrong — was indicted on second-degree felonies on these same charges.

Two former members of the unit — Gerald Goines and Steven Bryant — had previously been charged in state and federal court in the case, including two counts of felony murder filed in state court against Goines. Another former officer, Lt. Robert Gonzales, was indicted last year.

Prosecutors allege their investigation discovered that the indicted officers were part of a unit that falsified documentation about drug payments to confidential informants, routinely used false information to get search warrants, and lied in police reports.

A police officer said 'I don't have time for this' before shooting an 18-year-old with a mental illness dead in his home, his mother says

image.jpeg.cf6b501e41a9b2041c1f8ec460ec2a5a.jpeg

After an unsuccessful attempt to get her 18-year-old son involuntarily committed for treatment, Mary Wilsey turned to 911 to assist with his mental-health crisis.

When the first two officers arrived, they talked calmly to her distressed son and tried to get him to treatment. But minutes later, a third arrived and shot him dead in front of his parents.

Wilsey is one of five mothers who talked to Insider about calling 911 to help their son, only for officers to kill him instead. Read the other stories here.

https://www.insider.com/cop-said-i-dont-have-time-shooting-keith-vidal-2020-11

• Sad 1

Mayhaps they should've called for a paramedic to get an evaluation?

Clearwater police left a man ‘sleeping.’ Hours later, he was dead.

It was as though the Clearwater Police Department officers would have rather been doing anything other than what they’d been called to do Feb. 27, 2020: check on Adam Phillips, a 49-year-old grandfather known for texting back right away.

That’s what his girlfriend later told the attorneys. She and his daughter, Alexis Phillips, had asked the police to check on him. He uncharacteristically failed to answer calls or texts for nearly a day.

Cpl. David Nugent and another officer entered Adam Phillips’ apartment and yelled a few times, according to an internal investigation. They found him in bed, unresponsive. But they never entered the bedroom, the report said.

The corporal said he tossed a magazine at Phillips. It landed on his arm, police photos later showed. He didn’t move.

“He’s here and he’s breathing,” Nugent told the girlfriend, according to the internal report. He left after offering some unsolicited advice: “You might want to find another boyfriend.”

The next day, a different group of Clearwater officers found Adam Phillips in the same place, the magazine still touching him. He was dead.

• Sad 1