Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

I watched the protestors trying to take the CNN building last night, it was nuts, the cops stood there and let the protestors break out the windows and pelt them with large projectiles, I was waiting for one of them to lose it but they eventually had to tear gas them or else they probably would have taken over the CNN building.

Crazy stuff.

Edited by JSSkinz

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

so they get to live in the middle space where no ones paying attention. 

Don't think "leftist anarchists" exactly constitute "the middle".  :) 

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 1

To be fair I originally said “middle ground” which I thought would read exactly like Larry read it

so I changed it to middle space

so I get it. But yeah I dont mean the middle of the political spectrum. I mean hiding out in between benefiting from the fact that the two extreme sides seem to get all the attention and only have a very narrow view on it. So they get to also benefit by provoking each side to get angrier at each other

i actually think they only need to be a very small % of people on the ground. You just have to have good timing and a good action to get a big group of angry people to step outside their normal willingness of protest and go into destruction/looting/hurting people mode

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I watched the protestors trying to take the CNN building last night, it was nuts, the cops stood there and let the protestors break out the windows and pelt them with large projectiles, I was waiting for one of them to lose it but they eventually had to tear gas them or else they probably would have taken over the CNN building.

Crazy stuff.

Willing to bet the cops mostly don’t give a **** about cnn’s windows and probably would rather see it get burned

whether right or wrong cnn has been mostly against the cops on this issue and for a while. The cops are aware of that. 

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

Willing to bet the cops mostly don’t give a **** about cnn’s windows and probably would rather see it get burned

whether right or wrong cnn has been mostly against the cops on this issue and for a while. The cops are aware of that. 

I wish the cops were more aware of being on the right side of the issue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I thought it was odd that the protesters weren't aware?  

Yeah well I think there’s less thought on the other side (once people decide to destroy stuff it’s just a Zerg of people roaming around randomly)

like the dude cnn or msnbc had on last night or this morning. Painted “minority owned business” on the side and they burned it anyways. 

(dude had a ‘the police killing people of color is more important than my business being burned up’ type attitude about it all)

I don’t think the rioters or the police get much % of their brain dedicated or logical thinking when you get into a couple days of stuff like this...  

and of course the police are allowed no leeway with some of the public and the protesters are allowed no leeeay with the other 

(I’m trying to use rioters and protesters with distinct intent, I think they are different groups/mindsets)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Deflect deflect deflect

By saying "Don't lay the blame on others!"  

52 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not literally like they are moderates, think you missed his point.

Oh, I think I got his point.  Agreed with most of it.  Just making a joke.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, tshile said:

i actually think they only need to be a very small % of people on the ground. You just have to have good timing and a good action to get a big group of angry people to step outside their normal willingness of protest and go into destruction/looting/hurting people mode

Read an article posted here a while back, by some pshrink or some such.  

The theory is that every person has a critical number.  Some number where "If I see X people committing a crime and getting away with it, then I'll do it too."  

If one person, say, throws a brick through a window, and he's seen by 20 people, then if one person has his trigger set to "Level 1", then, 

1)  That person will do it, too.

2)  And now, if there's anybody in the crowd who's got a Level 2 trigger, then now they'll do it, too.  

His assertion is that there's lots of people who will loot a TV store, if they see 6 people doing it, and getting away with it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

For some reason I thought you meant someone who should have been proven guilty being deemed innocent.

I still think unanimous jury decisions are not logical or practical, but whatever. 

This is the lie inherent to the system. The number of jurors needed to convict doesn’t matter much when police and prosecutors have wide discretion and use it to selectively target POC for assumed guilt and harsher sentences to be judged by hand selected juries that exclude POC and anyone they think isn’t on the same sheet of harsh racist justice music they’re on. In short, the so-called justice system is a reflection of the garbage constitution it’s based on. This is why demonstrations broke out all over the place. It’s certainly debatable whether much or most of the violence was the result of agent provocateurs but the rage across the country at the police and politicians and the complicit public that look the other way is very real. If this gets swept under the rug again, it’ll only be so long before we’re right back here again. Hopefully sooner. If we don’t get justice, I’m happy to watch **** burn. We tried the cumbya we shall overcome nonsense and all that got us was a system of rights in name only. Eff that system and anyone that supports it. Killer Mike was right. It’s time to start demanding politicians with an agenda that really reflects the interests of POC, the poor and middle class, i.e. the soon to be poor.

8 hours ago, Destino said:

I do agree that "cops are trained to de-escalate" causes an involuntary eye roll though.

Don Lemon fluctuates some, but he mostly comes down on the Uncle Tom house negro side of things.

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah, it's scary the way the cops aren't showing restraint.  

Sorry, in this case, I'm gonna go with the "few bad apples" meme.  Yes, absolutely some cops are doing things which are both illegal, and making things worse.  But I'd also say that when you've got buildings being torched and looted, then I think that not shooting dozens of people is showing restraint.  

I hope you’re kidding, but I know your “I’m going to be so middle of the road that I’m almost for the other side” routine. I’ve said this so many times I’m sick of saying it but there’s a big difference between the expected behavior of a mob or everyday criminals than people who are paid by our own tax dollars to be professional and show restraint. Even if I accepted your line of reasoning, that doesn’t explain the agent provocateur stuff and the targeting of the press. Those are fascist tactics that have nothing to do with restraint and should have no place in a country with a constitution that’s worth a damn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

I hope you’re kidding, but I know your “I’m going to be so middle of the road that I’m almost for the other side” routine.

Your statement makes it clear that no, you don't know me.  

All are from the same person on twitter...

Remarkable info coming out of this presser: Gov. Tim Walls, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter and now MN attorney general Keith Ellison ALL alleging outside forces, domestic and possibly foreign, have post-Tuesday infiltrated the state, and are...

...in organized fashion setting fire to historic businesses in communities of color, and causing mayhem. Ellison cited the widely circulating video of a white man in a gas mask holding an umbrella who was caught by protestors on video breaking windows.

And the governor says he has reached out to the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, and fully mobilized the MN National Guard for the first time in 164 years. This is a continuing story and presumably we will begin hearing it echoed in other cities.

Mayor Carter said EVERY person arrested last night during the protests was from out of state. The governor said it is at least 80 percent, and that they will begin releasing the names. Dept of Safety Commissioner John Harrington says they are contract-tracing arrestees:

He adds that white nationalist groups are posting messages promoting going to Minneapolis to “get our loot on” and cause mayhem. He says they will investigate those using the outrage over the murder of George Floyd as a “cover” for illegal activity...

Gov. Walls acknowledged the legitimate “rage and anger” over the police-involved killing but “last night was a mockery of pretending it’s about George Floyd’s death or about disparities.”

This pressure just gets more remarkable. Mayor Frey says on Tuesday the protests were very different. He says the masks worn by the protests after they morphed were about disguise, not covid safety.

Mayor Carter says they saw mayhem starters throw incendiary devices and then run behind legit protesters and “use them as a human shield.” He says being out after curfew allows yourself to be used.

This is now a story not just about grief, anger, protest, George Floyd and Black Lives Matter, it’s about infiltration and deliberate mayhem inflicted on the very communities that are hurting — both because of police brutality, and due to cove—per the mayor 1,000 deaths to date.

Joy Reid

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1