Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

Jason Reid is such a hypocrite. When it comes to griffin, he says you play the best person for the offensive scheme and the off-the-field stuff shouldn't matter. Yet when it comes to Alfred Morris, he says Matt Jones should start and get the bulk of carries because he is likely to be here next year despite Morris being better.

It got pretty testy this morning in relation to the pick 6.  You could really hear the disdain in CP's voice for Reid.  Reid was going on and on about how two former all pro cornerbacks agreed with him that Grant fell down on the play thus it was his fault.  CP mentioned that Donte Stallworth disagreed and Reid downplayed it by stating repeatedly "Is he an all pro corner?" and Chris gave it back with:

"Are you a Pulitzer Prize winning writer?"

If the Man Cave went more like that, with those two fighting with each other it would probably be a better show.

• Like 2

It got pretty testy this morning in relation to the pick 6. You could really hear the disdain in CP's voice for Reid. Reid was going on and on about how two former all pro cornerbacks agreed with him that Grant fell down on the play thus it was his fault. CP mentioned that Donte Stallworth disagreed and Reid downplayed it by stating repeatedly "Is he an all pro corner?" and Chris gave it back with:

If the Man Cave went more like that, with those two fighting with each other it would probably be a better show.

Thats something I was wondering about. I have listened to Chris Paul on air for a loooong time. I knew that he wasn't the tyoe of dude that would truly go along with all the Griffin crap (and overall constant negativityt hat he was spewing). I assumed he was holding everything in professionally

Judging by that bit, I may be right

Thats something I was wondering about. I have listened to Chris Paul on air for a loooong time. I knew that he wasn't the tyoe of dude that would truly go along with all the Griffin crap (and overall constant negativityt hat he was spewing). I assumed he was holding everything in professionally

Judging by that bit, I may be right

I've listened quite often in the morning as its the only sports station that comes in clearly for me on my way to work.  Until today, I never really noticed any angst or feuding among the two.  When they disagree, its always been playful.  Today though, it certainly was different, they even had to kind of abruptly go to break.  Jason was doing his thing stuttering, trying to talk over Chris and it was just getting ugly.

For anyone else that was listening, did you pick up the same thing?

Yeah, it's been like that between them two all week. Paul really feels like Kirk blew the game against Atlanta. Reid has basically character assassinated and propped Kirk up so much he feels compelled to defend him no matter what. It just seems like Chris had held his tongue long enough.

This Alfred Morris crap is about to make my head burst.

Blatantly disingenuous tripe

What cracks me up is how many people are making it about the quality of the individual back, or getting in rhythm.

I have not heard one of these 'experts' even entertain the idea that maybe after two weeks of dominating the league in time of possession and rushing the ball that MAYBE WE'VE BEEN FIGURED OUT. maybe we need to throw passes further than 7 yards to get people to back off so we can run the ball again. maybe teams are challenging us to beat them with Cousins throwing the ball.

• Like 2

Listening to Andy Pollin is listening to a mix of a cliché Jewish mother in law and a spoiled brat kid who stomps and throws a tantrum when the others tell him to shut it.

The word "sucks" does not even begin to describe this hacked out whiner.

Reid has shown me that he is not always just beating a negative drum, he's making some analysis based on what he is seeing and not pursuing an agenda as he had been.

Pollin.. his act is thin.

~Bang

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels that way about Pollin.  Today I got to listen to him do his stupid birthdays and then talk about Fantasy Island coming back.  It's like my mother-in-law ended up on sports talk radio.

• Like 2

It got pretty testy this morning in relation to the pick 6. You could really hear the disdain in CP's voice for Reid. Reid was going on and on about how two former all pro cornerbacks agreed with him that Grant fell down on the play thus it was his fault. CP mentioned that Donte Stallworth disagreed and Reid downplayed it by stating repeatedly "Is he an all pro corner?" and Chris gave it back with:

Same thing happened on Kornheiser. Can't remember if it was today or yesterday. Same argument. David Aldridge blamed Cousins, Sheehan thought it was mainly Grants fault. Almost sounded like they were about to throw down. Then on the Fix Sheehan kept on about it, taking shots at Aldridge every chance he got.

That whole back and forth has been going on on just about every 980 show this week. One guy will tout the ex-players that say it was Cousins fault and another guy will find some other player that says it's Grant's fault. Then it becomes which person had the more credible player supporting their position.

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable callers on the man cave this morning.

Reid and Paul were asking if cousins should be the guy for the rest of the season. Some guy called in and says the team needs to "stop looking out for the 703 and start looking out for the 202" then rants about the teams "racist history" then concludes with the notion that Griffin should be playing.

This, one day after cousins leads with its biggest comeback of all time, throwing for 3 tds, running for 1. Oh and 0 picks. And he's had 3 game winning or tying drives in the past four games.

Unbelievable.

I weep for our fanbase.

• Like 1

Fixed the for you. But, really, it's a stupid question--of course you stay with Cousins. No reason whatsoever to play Griffin.

Sure, but it's sports radio so you have to ask the question. As an aside, the Man Cave is growing on me. I think they do a pretty good job and the addition of Pollin for a segment each hour isn't as awkward as it used to be. 

Back to what I believe is grego's point, the fact that fans are still calling in and making this a race issue or implying that Griffin has outplayed Cousins in anything but their rookie season is ridiculous. It's sad really. We have a team out there pulling together behind a young coach and inexperienced QB...yet some people want to insist that we live in the Confederacy. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I've been listening to the radio more this year, and I'm liking it...

Hold up, I just saw SkinsGoldPants post... LOLOLOLOL!!!

Okay, back to my original post.

I'm liking the radio in the area, except for the Man Cave. That show isn't that good man. And now that I know that it's gone, I guess I wasn't the only one.

106.7 hands down destroys 980 right now. For the last month or so, Grant and Danny and Chad Dukes vs The World has been pretty entertaining. I've even started to enjoy The Junkies a little more. Only time I'm listening to 980 is when 106.7 is on commercial breaks.

What happened today?

That didn't last long.

Guy posted in the Stadium that there was a prettty hellacious argument between Mike Jones and Mad Uncle Phil. Apparently Reid was going in on McCloughan, and Jones was having none of it.

Guess things got heated afterwards

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The young bull stuff grinds my gears as well.  Not to mention how every time he credits Mike with being good at anything he attributes that to his mentorship/teaching. 

I think that stuff is lazy. Reminds me of Doc who has to use nicknames all the time. Dude, if I were an athlete, I'd specifically ask him to not do that for me. 

• Like 1