Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

One can only hope the Skins have a winning season, or at the very least show some grit and toughness in close losses, resulting in optimism for next season.

Thats the only thing that will end the Shanahan fixation

Nah, then it will be, "We can thank Shanahan for building the foundation here for McCloughan and Gruden to have success".

• Like 1

Nah, then it will be, "We can thank Shanahan for building the foundation here for McCloughan and Gruden to have success".

No way. Not even Reid or Loverro is crazy enough to go that far. Even if Cousins plays well enough for sone folks to praise the Shannys for drafting him, they made no real effort to seriously upgrade the oline while they were here, and the ones they brought in aren't even backup quality.

McCloughan solidified it in one offseason

Edited by Mr. Sinister

No way. Not even Reid or Loverro is crazy enough to go that far. Even if Cousins plays well enough for sone folks to praise the Shannys for drafting him, they made no real effort to seriously upgrade the oline while they were here, and the ones they brought in aren't even backup quality.

I agree with you, but with the way they have all been on Shanny's nuts, it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to give him some credit.

Beyond the normal gripes about Jason Reid, it's annoying how he insists on calling everybody by a nickname. Not even clever ones. And it's always something he made up. Calling Doc "Bruin", calling Keim "Cakes", he calls somebody "Young Bull". Might be Mike Jones, I can't remember. Either way, it's all stupid.

Impressed with Clinton Portis.

I've always liked his personality, and on the radio he's very good.

Him and Cooley discussing the game is very good.. not only are they former players, but former teamates, and the chemistry exists.

Portis makes good points, and is fun.

~Bang

He's much better on radio than he is on the sideline.

• Like 1

I love how sheehan has been saying how "this team has folded in big spots for two years now" all week.

2 years? First of all, how about two decades? Second of all, yes, Kevin, this team choked under your boy, Mike, too.

In fact, outside of the 7 game streak, all this team did was suck.

He just can't help himself.

I love how sheehan has been saying how "this team has folded in big spots for two years now" all week.

2 years? First of all, how about two decades? Second of all, yes, Kevin, this team choked under your boy, Mike, too.

In fact, outside of the 7 game streak, all this team did was suck.

He just can't help himself.

Guess he forgot that this team was 5-5 in 2010, then proceeded to lose 5 of their last 6 games.

Or in 2011, when we were 3-1 to start and finished 2-10.

But, that would mean Shanny choked while he was here. And in those years, he couldn't blame RG3.

In fact, outside of Shanny's first season, the team was always 3-6 through their first 9 games.

• Like 1

Hell some of the worst losses ever suffered in primetime were under Mikes tenure.

But yeah, its been a longstanding issue. Don't remember it much during Gibbs II, but definitely with Norv, Zorn, Shanahan, and Gruden last year, where the team simply looks like they were playing with themselves all week in the film room.

Don't think I can take another one of those

Edited by Mr. Sinister

didn't Shanahan bring the starting left tackle and the starting center? And allen bring in the starting right tackle and left guard?

didn't Shanahan bring the starting left tackle and the starting center? And allen bring in the starting right tackle and left guard?

Shanahan drafted Williams and brought in Steiger at Guard, not Center. Allen drafted Moses and signed Lauvao. McCloughan drafted Scherff

Edited by Mr. Sinister

seems a little odd then to claim that somehow the line was only addressed this offseason

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Unless you think that a LT and a G is an entire offensive line, Im not sure what you are getting at. Trent is a stud. I would say that Lich is "Okay" From the beginning of Shanahans tenure to the end, the oline has been a mess (numerous draft and fa failures, and a ridiculous insistence on signing lighter guys for the zbs, which led to the line being unable to adequately pass protect. After his 4 year tenure, all that legitimately remains is a top 10 pick and a guy he brought with him to Washington) and it was a mess last year as well.

Now, granted its been two games, but I've nit seen them play this well in a long time. Addressing the oline isn't the same as fixing it

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I'd be surprised if they sign him. Then again, I kind of want 980 to lose him and struggle the rest of the season. Still like Czabe and Al. But they need a big fat rebuild at that station. 100% new lineup while only keeping a few of the current hosts.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 1

I'd be surprised if they sign him. Then again, I kind of want 980 to lose him and struggle the rest of the season. Still like Czabe and Al. But they need a big fat rebuild at that station. 100% new lineup.

Losing Cooley would likely kill The Drive. Back when Loverro/Polin were oo there, it was virtually unlistenable. Just a crew of grumpy middle aged dudes complaining

• Like 1

Listening to Andy Pollin is listening to a mix of a cliché Jewish mother in law and a spoiled brat kid who stomps and throws a tantrum when the others tell him to shut it.

The word "sucks" does not even begin to describe this hacked out whiner.

Reid has shown me that he is not always just beating a negative drum, he's making some analysis based on what he is seeing and not pursuing an agenda as he had been.

Pollin.. his act is thin.

~Bang

• Like 2