Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

Pollin hasn't been good for years. I liked him when I first started listening to him and Czabe on the ride home a few years back, and they would have guest co-hosts like Feldman or Kevin Blackistone. But then he lost his job to Cooley and has been a whiny boy ever since.

Edited by Zguy28

Kevin is swooning over Shanny again. They talked on the phone last night.

I think it was one of those "You hang up first....".....No, YOU hang up first" things.

brutal.

Let's see here.... Sheehan talking about the shanahan? Check. Reid talking about Griffin? Check.

Nobody can make it all about themselves like Kevin and Jason.

Well, i do agree on Kyle Shanahan.

We did let the next best young head coach prospect walk out the door, and what he's doing in Atlanta shows me that his "system" is to work with the talent he has. he devises offense to best suit what his players can do, and i think he will translate very well to the head coaching ranks.

~Bang

We did let the next best young head coach prospect walk out the door, and what he's doing in Atlanta shows me that his "system" is to work with the talent he has. he devises offense to best suit what his players can do, and i think he will translate very well to the head coaching ranks.

~Bang

I don't anybody is really blaming Kyle for anything. Are they?

I do think a father/son team in the NFL is dangerous unless the son is a real low level coach on the team. OC when your Dad is HC is a bad mix. I don't think Brian Schottenheimer is a bad coach either.

Kyle needs to be with a QB like he had in Houston and he has in Atlanta. Let's be honest. Matt Ryan isn't been groomed. He's having plays designed and he's running them. Maybe Kyle will be a HC one day. But once his father went sideways and started playing the victim, You couldn't keep Kyle either. 

~Bang

I agree, to an extent. I think Kyle can definitely be the next big thing in coaching, he is at least flexible and smart enough to tailor his offense to the skills of his players. Something the vast majority of this league is either unwilling or incapable of doing.

But his time here he still needed to grow up. Maybe it was the presence of his father that turned him into an entitled, bratty snitch. Of course, we get the best people at the wrong time. Like San Fran's GM who was a scout for Marty Schottenheimer while he was here.

~Bang

I cannot believe the way we (as an organization) allowed that to end.

It was clear to anyone paying attention that the problem was not play calling or scheme.

I'm still angry about that. Everyone said it was because of nepotism. That he sucked. They couldn't have been more wrong.

And he left Cleveland because he resigned, because they were trying to do the same thing to him there than they did to him here and he said screw it. Now look at him.

• Like 1

I hated all the leaks here, and he was part of it. He did his fair share of leaking information that was confidential to the media, and in turn, other members of the organization who took issue to how he worked leaked things about him. I'm positive that he isn't in Atlanta treating coaches and players the same way he did here.

He is likely to not even consider this team when he gets his shot at a HC position. And that's fine, he isn't the only game in town and I wish him well.

I cannot believe the way we (as an organization) allowed that to end.

It was clear to anyone paying attention that the problem was not play calling or scheme.

I'm still angry about that. Everyone said it was because of nepotism. That he sucked. They couldn't have been more wrong.

And he left Cleveland because he resigned, because they were trying to do the same thing to him there than they did to him here and he said screw it. Now look at him.

Don't say everyone. I always was(and still am) a big Kyle supporter. We kept the wrong assistant after 2013.

Keeping him while firing his father was impossible.

Perhaps, but I think we could have worked something out.

But too many of the fans were falling for the nepotism and blaming the playcalling/scheme myth. Kyle blows Gruden out of the water when it comes to play design and creativity.

Don't say everyone. I always was(and still am) a big Kyle supporter. We kept the wrong assistant after 2013.

Yeah, there were a few of us that recognized Kyle wasn't the problem.

Most everyone else was glad he was gone. They were wrong. They'll never admit it, but they were.

Perhaps, but I think we could have worked something out.

But too many of the fans were falling for the nepotism and blaming the playcalling/scheme myth. Kyle blows Gruden out of the water when it comes to play design and creativity.

So you don't believe the leaked information about Kyle's tenure here?

I don't know, maybe because he's a good offensive coordinator?

But I get it, people are glad he's gone. For the wrong reasons, but hey at least they're glad.

He has a great offensive mind. But he wasn't going to be a good offensive coordinator here. And if simply being a good x's and o's guy was all that mattered, then I'd consider your position. But it does not matter when you are lacking in other critical depts.

Besides, even if he wasn't a pain in the ass to deal with, I doubt he would have stayed with the team that hust fired his father. This notion that we should have kept him somehow, is quite frankly ridiculous, not remotely grounded in reality.

And no, I am not making any of this up (it was reported towards the end of 2013), and quite frankly, I was an avid defender of the Shanahans, before it became clear (long before Shanahan did his own personal damage control) that they were up the creek without a paddle.

They both had to go. Don't need to venture into the realm of "right/wrong" to see that.

So you don't believe the leaked information about Kyle's tenure here?

Im sure he can believe that, and still think the Skins were wrong for letting him go.

• Like 1

I don't know, maybe because he's a good offensive coordinator?

But I get it, people are glad he's gone. For the wrong reasons, but hey at least they're glad.

#1. This should be a different thread.

#2. Your Dad just gets fired for being a bad coach and awful GM. Think he'd want to stay? What happened to him in Cleveland? That's one thing that bothers me. He wanted out of a challenge and in to a much easier one with a top QB and the top WR this year.

Anyway, back to Sports Talk....... I haven't listened today. 

Kevin is hyping that Shanny will be his guest tomorrow on 980.

Can we get a few dozen people who have twitter accounts to mobilize and spread the word that we don't want to hear from this guy anymore?

If each of us can get a few RT's and also go post it on their FB wall. Nothing will change. But at least they'll notice we're done with that clown.

https://www.facebook.com/espnradio980?fref=ts

#1. This should be a different thread.

#2. Your Dad just gets fired for being a bad coach and awful GM. Think he'd want to stay? What happened to him in Cleveland? That's one thing that bothers me. He wanted out of a challenge and in to a much easier one with a top QB and the top WR this year.

I have zero problem with that whatsoever. Cleveland is more than a challenge. Best move he could've done for his career, without question.

Oh how we revise what we thought in the past.  I don't remember the line of folks that love Kyle being so long come the end of 2013.  I seem to remember him getting crushed for his playcalling by the majority of the fanbase.  Not only that but it would appear that he liked yes men on the sideline with him rather than good coaches.

He's certainly creative and knows offense, but that really has little to do with being a good head coach.

Even when I was sick of the Shanahan regime and knew it had to end, the fact that Kyle obviously knows how to run an offense never escaped me.  Its just that there was no way on earth we were going to be able to keep him and let his dad go. 

I actually enjoy listening to the man cave now..

... when they're not talking about sports.

Their guy talk, and talk about black things (for lack of a more intelligent description?), is interesting to me.

Paul cracks me up. Constantly. Paul's victory formation skit is pretty neat, I enjoy it.

When they start talking sports I find myself changing the station soon thereafter...

• Like 1

Andy Pollin REALLY needs to go. 

This idiot has taken an entire football game, and condensed it down to ONE play, and does nothing but point a finger at the QB and rests the entire loss on that one play and that one player. the entire MMQB show was essentially spent listening to him whine about it, and then whine when they disagreed, and then get all defensive about them disagreeing with him 'just bringing perspective".

he REALLY brings ABSOLUTELY nothing to the table.  NOTHING. He's an historian, and that is it.

As far as analyzing a game, a player, a play,,,   he's AWFUL.

Also..   one sure fire way to get me completely lost on Tony Kornheiser's show is to have this writer from Bleacher report on for a half n hour. God this guy is Sominex.

Every time i am listening,, once this guy comes on,, it turns into nothing but a drone in my headphones,, i listen, and hear nothing. After 15 minutes or so, i realize i have been listening to him, and can't remember any of it.

He's smart, but damn, no radio personality. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang