Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tell the truth--- how much weight did you pack on this winter?

mcsluggo

packing on the tonnage?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. what is your weight gain (or loss) since autumn?

• I lost 10 or more pounds
    • i lost 1 to 9 pounds
    • pretty much stayed the same
    • i gained 1 to 9 pounds
    • i gained more than 10 pounds

yeah... i've institutionalized 1 or 2 bourbon and cokes (or something similar) just about every night... 

i also snack..a lot...   

just killing ice cream might be enough to do the trick :-/

but biking had been my holy grail!   for 10 years i didn't have to make ANY other concessions to diet or exercise ..... we had a deal, dammit!

Same here. Getting old sucks! Exercise with a bit of discipline in what I eat used to do the trick. Now I have to seriously diet for any affect. Limiting bread and no beer really helps me most. *takes bite of veggie wrap thing, eat's a 'popchip', sighs*

I'm with TWA, I had surgery and lost almost 20 pounds during the recovery. Gained 30 back now and am in the process of losing some. I had been the same weight fir years until surgery and now I'm all out of whack.

I'm about 352 right now, so only about 8 away from my goal.  Gonna see if the Dr. let's me weigh in next week with my clothes on (and a few rolls of quarters in my pockets) so I can get to the 360 mark. God willing, surgery will be in August and I'll be on my way to freedom.  Just to be safe, off to dairy queen in about 30 minutes.

I'm about 352 right now, so only about 8 away from my goal.  Gonna see if the Dr. let's me weigh in next week with my clothes on (and a few rolls of quarters in my pockets) so I can get to the 360 mark. God willing, surgery will be in August and I'll be on my way to freedom.  Just to be safe, off to dairy queen in about 30 minutes.

:o

Is this serious?

:o

Is this serious?

I have to admit, I'm using a bit of artistic license in conveying my story.  And by artistic license, I mean that I'm not really 352 pounds and attempting to get to 360 so that I can have gastric bypass surgery.  So perhaps I'm not living up to the edict of the thread title, and for that I apologize.

However, my condition is rooted in fact.  I know a female that, approximately 10 years ago, was hovering around the 280 marker.  She had been visiting her Dr. over the course of several months, and was advised that she needed gastric bypass. The problem was that he could not justify the cost of the surgery to her insurance unless she was 300lbs+.  So, as stated in my post, she made a concerted effort to gain the remaining weight so that the surgery would be covered.  Interestingly, although post surgery her weight dropped to about 125 lbs and some people (not me) thought she was pretty hot, she became an enormous whore.  It destroyed her marriage and screwed up her kids royally.  And after about 3 years, a good bit of the weight came back on (+30-50 lbs, not sure the precise figure because I didn't get her on a scale, nor was I even friends with her [she was a friend of a family member, so I'd see her quite often]).  God I hope no one here knows her, because if they read this they'd know exactly who she is.

She is very nice person though.

• 8 months later...

weighed the most i have ever weighed in my life in February ... but down about 5 pounds again.    

at the end of the day, once seasonal fluctuations are accounted for (my seasonally adjusted weight?) ....... hat whole  "gain about about 2 pounds a year..."  is a real thing, and a real ****ing ****.

Been running like a fiend for the last few weeks. About 90 minutes three or four times a week. It's on an elyptical machine so it doesn't count as much. If we believe it I'm burning about 1k calories per session. 

Lost 5 to 10, but also gaining muscle. 

I have lost 10 - 15 lbs. Most I have ever weighed was 265 lbs.  6' 3" 250lbs has been my average for most of my adult life. I am currently at 245 lbs. Dr's scale the other day.  Have not lifted a weight in 25yrs.

I don't really work out. No weights or running. Really no physical exercise at all.  I just stay active by not laying around all day when I am home. :kickcan:

I didn't do toooooo bad this winter. Usually for me it is a steady stream of birthdays, holidays, and other gatherings from about mid august on through January.. I can try to not to eat, but it's a lot.. cakes pies, cookies, celebration and holiday foods..

I will say that i have lost since the beginning of February..  I find it hard to drink as much water as they say you need to, so I started buying cases of the small bottles.. 8 ounces goes down in 3 gulps and it's cold, so i drink it. (I bring one bottle to work and keep refilling it at the cooler.)  6 or 7 of those every day and weight is coming off, and all the other benefits are there.. sleeping better, not as fatigued. Psychologically it's not like i'm chugging big glasses of water. 

Right now though my wife, who can eat everything and never gain an ounce, is on a popcorn kick. She bought an air popper and a bunch of salts and stuff, so i munch popcorn while we watch television at night. Probably not doing me any good, but damn it's tasty.

Tennis season is here, so semi-regular exercise has resumed.

~Bang

After bicycling season (Novermberish) I usually pack on 10 or so pounds, that I have to take off during riding season. This year I joined Planet Fitness with my son, and have taken off 5 pounds since November. Should be the lightest I've been for bicycle season in years. 

I'm not quite where I wanted to be with my New Year's Resolutions, but I've been working out pretty diligently- I'm probably down ~5 pounds but I've definitely also replace some fat with muscle (pants don't lie).  I travel a ton for work, so the diet part is what always gets me- I need to work a little harder on that one.

Archived