Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

FF movie was at 8% on Rotten Tomatoes this morning. Oof.

Thats alright. They'll probably just reboot it again 6 years from now. And they'll keep doing it until they can force the public to give 2 quarts of monkey piss about the Fantastic 4.

Whi h means they'll be rebooting from now until the end of time.

Thats alright. They'll probably just reboot it again 6 years from now. And they'll keep doing it until they can force the public to give 2 quarts of monkey piss about the Fantastic 4.

Whi h means they'll be rebooting from now until the end of time.

Six years from now Marvel Comics will have already gone back in time and prevent all four members of the FF from existing, effectively writing them out of the comics and making them as irrelevant as they possibly can. 

I can see it happening, at this point Torch and Thing are completely irrelevant characters, and they've almost finished the Scott Summers treatment with Reed and Sue. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

I got an idea.

Let's reboot the F4 franchise. Cast some solid actors. Hire a young director (who is also a writer) and who made an original kickass (no, not that one) superpowers movie in the last few years. We will give him a limited budget (for a superhero movie). And then we will (allegedly) **** with his movie before it gets released because we at the studio know more about film making than the director. That's why we are at the studio and not making films, right?

#Pathetic

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I was such a huge FF fan back in the day and I thought the first 2 FF films were really true to the spirit of the team and the spirit of the comic. It was only the villains that FOX couldn't seem to get right. (Doom and Galactus.)

I get that Trank went with the "Ultimate" version of the story but I'm a traditionalist and wasn't on board with that approach. I was going to go see this film tomorrow but I'm gonna hold off on wasting my time and money. It's just getting killed by critics and fans alike.

So the teams for Captain America Civil War have supposedly been leaked.

team_captain_america_civil_war.jpg

vs.

team_iron_man_captain_america_civil_war.

Someone on Team Iron man is alleged to be a double agent. Plus, I can't see how Spidey would be for registration. But whatever. 

And where is Thor is this? Asgard? Losing mjölnir?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Granted, the Avengers movies have REALLY surprised me, at just how much character development they can squeeze into one film, with so many stars. But still, that seems like far more people than they can really address, in one film.

I'm wondering if maybe a two-parter would work better.

I got an idea.

Let's reboot the F4 franchise. Cast some solid actors. Hire a young director (who is also a writer) and who made an original kickass (no, not that one) superpowers movie in the last few years. We will give him a limited budget (for a superhero movie). And then we will (allegedly) **** with his movie before it gets released because we at the studio know more about film making than the director. That's why we are at the studio and not making films, right?

#Pathetic

LOL! I agree, but I don't think Fox felt they knew more about film making, I think they were concerned the movie wouldn't get released in time and they would lose the license. I think it expired in September if they didn't release a movie. 

potential spoiler edit.

I was hoping no one would mention that Spidey part from the comic(may want to create a spoiler tag for that), as I figured that is what the MCU was going to do when they worked so hard to get Sony to allow Spider-Man in. I hope that isn't a major spoiler for the Civil War movie. 

Is this all the heroes the movie is going to have? They couldn't get the Netlfix/Marvel heroes (Defenders) in on it too. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

I was hoping no one would mention that Spidey part from the comic(may want to create a spoiler tag for that), as I figured that is what the MCU was going to do when they worked so hard to get Sony to allow Spider-Man in. I hope that isn't a major spoiler for the Civil War movie. 

Is this all the heroes the movie is going to have? They couldn't get the Netlfix/Marvel heroes (Defenders) in on it too.

Got it changed, just took it out completely lol.

• Like 1

vs.

Someone on Team Iron man is alleged to be a double agent. Plus, I can't see how Spidey would be for registration. But whatever. 

And where is Thor is this? Asgard? Losing mjölnir?

Don't forget, Black Panther is missing.  He figures into this somewhere.  Maybe playing both sides or neutral, who knows.

This movie deserves its 9% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. They totally changed the origin storyline and it wasn't even an action-packed movie. No extra scene during or after the credits either. Save your money and watch on HBO.

Well, not really.  They based the movie off the Ultimate Fantastic Four from the comics.  So Marvel changed it, they just followed their lead.

Edited by justice98

I don't know if Spidey's going to be in it enough to play that integral a role.  I got the impression that Black Panther was substituted into that Spidey role.  Because Marvel having access to Spiderman came along further down the line and they already had the script and didn't even have the role cast until halfway through production.

Most of the Netflix heroes haven't even been introduced yet.  Scuttlebutt was that they'd wind up getting involved in Infinity War some kind of way.