Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So I finished the first season. My opinion? Just as good as Daredevil was, but in a different way. So many little Easter eggs in there that I probably missed a bunch. All the casting choices were spot on. Marvel and Netflix have proven to be good together once again.

I've finished the first seven episodes. It's good, but it's not as good as Daredevil was IMO. It gets a little too melodramatic. A little too unfocused and low-stakes. A little too lifetime movie-esque... Particularly in that whole distracting

"I'm pregnant from Kilgrave's rape and need an abortion" story line with Hope.

Also, the show's stunt work and fight choreography is tame and uninspired. The scenes lack the sophistication and creativity and attention to detail of Daredevil. And it definitely doesn't have anything that approaches that stunning one shot scene at the end of the second episode of Daredevil.  

Frankly, the villain isn't interesting or intimidating enough either.

But the show is strong.  Much stronger than any of the superhero shows on network TV.  It's funnier than Daredevil was and I really like Jessica Jones the character.

Please let the stunt choreographers from Daredevil do the fight scenes for Iron Fist.

Daredevil is still the gold standard of superhero TV shows for me.

I thought the fight choreography fit the character. Fighting is, and should be, an essential part of Daredevil. It doesn't need to be with Jessica Jones.

Definitely agree about getting the Daredevil guy to work on Iron Fist fight scenes though.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

Finished it.  Great show.  I loved the villain and Jessica.  Great acting, I thought they really embodied their characters.

Ending spoilers

It's kind of a shame that Kilgrave is dead, because he was such a dangerous threat and fun to watch in his own way. I thought it was a bit weird that Luke just took off too. Other than that no real complaints.

Edited by visionary

Jessica jones is no where near as accomplished a fighter as Daredevil is, it wouldn't make sense for her to have gracefully choreographed fighting scenes when she isn't a trained fighter and hadn't really tried to be a vigilante hero.

I don't think the storylines were nonsensical, although I could've done without the whining of that twin sister. They have a purpose, and they've laid the groundwork to develop villains and story arcs for a second season.

In some ways I see Kilgrave as a better villain than Fisk in Daredevil. Where Fisk would take a gangsters approach to dealing with his enemies and victims, some of Kilgrave's victims would've wished to have that fate than how he deals with them.

I think all four individual series for the defenders team will have a certain theme and approach. We'll see Luke Cage and Iron Fist bring a different feel than Daredevil and Jessica Jones as well.

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 3

Granted, I know almost nothing about this. But I have to confess that this Civil War story sounds like too big a story for one movie.

Although I've loved pretty much every thing Marvel has done, so far. And many of their films, I've been AMAZED at how much character they have put into their movies. So I'm prepared to be wrong.

Edited by Larry