Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Obviously, nobody knows the Gambit character better than Claremont.

Doug Liman set to direct and the screenwriter on the IMDB page is an unknown. I don't know how I feel about that. A Gambit movie needs to be tense and action packed but it also needs to be fun.

I would feel a lot better if the movie was being made by MCU. But I am excited about Claremont's involvement and the casting of the first two characters. I would like to see Rogue be in the film, but I don't know about Anna Paquin.

• Like 1

I'd be excited for Claremont if he hadn't clearly lost his mind at some point. His work in the '90s on the X-Men books was legendary, his return a couple years back was dreadful. He started a series based off what he claimed he would've wrote if he'd been allowed to continue beyond X-Men(second series) Issue #11. It was a completely nonsensical story. If he really turned that into Marvel for approval, I'm not surprised they didn't approve. 

I finally got around to watching Jessica Jones.  It wasn't bad but well... she's an awful "hero" to the point where I don't see how the term hero could possibly apply to her in season 1.  Even "anti-hero" would be far too charitable.  This isn't to say I didn't enjoy Krysten Ritter's performance or that the character wasn't interesting.  She did a great job and it was never boring.  The fact that she was viewed as a hero by those around her simply didn't fit and it was like a constant source of irritation.  

The villain was really well done and saved the series.  His powers and the way he used them were very dark and disturbing, which a villain should be in a rated R series.  He was along the lines of those found in Dan Simmon's excellent horror Carrion Comfort.  A perfect villain for a time when so much focus is on domestic violence. 

So whens iron fist going to show up?  I saw him knock out Jose Aldo the other night, but I'd like to see Marvel's version as well.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for them to bring Uncle Ben back eventually. Maybe as the next Thor?

When there was still a multiverse, one of the alternate universe Spider-men was actually Uncle Ben. He was a bitter, insecure old coot though, and didn't want to use his powers for good anymore. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

Lol what the hell was that? That **** killed the entire movie. And since when we're Sabretooth and Logan brothers? Throw in annoying ass Will.I.Am and I was about ready to punch somebody.

I liked that movie. I get everything your saying and I should NOT like that movie... but I liked that movie.

I finally got around to watching Jessica Jones.  It wasn't bad but well... she's an awful "hero" to the point where I don't see how the term hero could possibly apply to her in season 1.  Even "anti-hero" would be far too charitable.  This isn't to say I didn't enjoy Krysten Ritter's performance or that the character wasn't interesting.  She did a great job and it was never boring.  The fact that she was viewed as a hero by those around her simply didn't fit and it was like a constant source of irritation.  

The villain was really well done and saved the series.  His powers and the way he used them were very dark and disturbing, which a villain should be in a rated R series.  He was along the lines of those found in Dan Simmon's excellent horror Carrion Comfort.  A perfect villain for a time when so much focus is on domestic violence. 

So whens iron fist going to show up?  I saw him knock out Jose Aldo the other night, but I'd like to see Marvel's version as well.   

Dest.

Jessica Jones was insanely awesome and youshutyourgdmouth.

• Like 1

Dest.

Jessica Jones was insanely awesome and youshutyourgdmouth.

No. It was entertaining, i'll grant it that, but it was a super hero show without a hero in it.  Season one was focused on a whiny insecure person obsessed with showing the world that no one could tell her **** while making terrible selfish decisions.  All while more and more people died.  

No. It was entertaining, i'll grant it that, but it was a super hero show without a hero in it.  Season one was focused on a whiny insecure person obsessed with showing the world that no one could tell her **** while making terrible selfish decisions.  All while more and more people died.  

I see your point. She was hot though. Chachie, 2. Destino, 0. 

Jessica Jones, a million billion.