Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No. It was entertaining, i'll grant it that, but it was a super hero show without a hero in it.  Season one was focused on a whiny insecure person obsessed with showing the world that no one could tell her **** while making terrible selfish decisions.  All while more and more people died.  

And THAT is what makes Jessica Jones so great. She's a real person.

She's flawed, damaged etc.

• Like 1

http://news.yahoo.com/marvels-doctor-strange-travel-dark-190803268.html?nf=1

Marvel's Doctor Strange Will Travel To The Dark Dimension

<edit>

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige, told Empire that while Strange's origin might seem similar to those that have come before, but promises that's not the case. "It couldn't be any more different than any of the films that have come before it," he explains. Feige has mentioned numerous times that Strange has been his favorite to get started on, and has been in the works for quite some time. 

There's another huge difference that could set it apart from the rest of the MCU, and that's simply the aesthetic of the film. Doctor Strange always dealt with the more outlandish concepts of the Marvel Universe, and the film translation looks to be similar in that design. 

"We see glimpses of something called the Dark Dimension," Feige said, but don't let the name mislead you. "If you were to open a Doctor Strange comic drawn by Steve Ditko, you would see the Dark Dimension, is in fact, very colorful in an extremely psychedelic way. Those are the things we're not shying away from." 

For those unfamiliar, the Dark Dimension is the kingdom of the Mhuruuks, powerful sorcerers ruled by Olnar. It is also home of Umar, and his brother, the Dread Dormammu. 

Olivia Munn is lovely.  Des +1

That costume isn't great, but who cares?  The real problem is going to be that the movie won't be very good.  Olivia Munn is perfect for a Joss Wedon/MCU role.  It's apparently the place to go for beautiful and funny actors/actresses.  Fox is going to squander her comedic chops in a movie that will, inevitably, have too many characters and take itself way too seriously.

She definitely has the look for Psylocke, but I would have enjoyed seeing Olivia Munn play the Wasp, or I guess the Wasp's daughter in MCU canon.  I wish they had gotten to her before Fox did.  I don't mind Evangeline Lily as the future Wasp, I think she has good chemistry with Paul Rudd and they suit the more down to Earth tone of their roles well.  But she doesn't have Munn's wit and Wasp should be fun, first and foremost.

Back to X Men, I don't think X Men is suited to the blockbuster movie format like Avengers is.  The roster gets too big and the story lines are too serious, mature, and complicated.  It needs to be a Netflix or HBO series.

Ant Man/Giant Man/Goliath was my favorite original roster Avenger, and I always enjoy Paul Rudd's performances.  So suffice to say, I was extremely excited when I first found out about the movie and it didn't let me down.  I loved it.

I'm like twice as excited about the Dr. Strange movie.  Of all the MCU movies/projects this is the one I think I'm most looking forward too.  Dr. Strange is such a fun character, Cumberbatch is perfect for the role, and the rest of the cast is super impressive.

I can't think of anyone that could be better suited for Strange than Cumberbatch really.

I'm a little leery of the background of the director & screen writer.  It's not exactly the most impressive CV.  But I have faith that it will work.  And I think they'll get the look right because they hired Ditko to work on the film.

• Like 2

http://xmen.therealstanlee.com/olivia-munn-xmen-instagram

Olivia Munn Gives Fans A Very Exciting Look Behind The Scenes Of ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’

http://xmen.therealstanlee.com/marvel-studios-has-taskmaster

RUMOR: Guess Which Mimicking Mercenary Might Be Back Under Marvel's Control

It looks like Marvel may have picked up the live action rights to a certain villainous copycat back.

Taskmaster, the iconic, skull-faced villain with the ability to instantly memorize and counter his opponent's attacks, was, up until recently, the property of Fox. At one point the studio even tried to create a live-action project with the character, but was unable to actually get anything off the ground and the character was seemingly shelved along with the project.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/abc-confirms-pilot-order-marvel-222340045.html

ABC Confirms Pilot Order For ‘Marvel’s Most Wanted’ – TCA

Paul Lee today lifted, just a bit, the veil of silence that surrounds everything Marvel-related.

The ABC president officially confirmed  that the network has given a pilot order to Marvel’s Most Wanted, the proposed Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood and revolving around their respective characters Barbara “Bobbi” Morse, aka Mockingbird, and Lance Hunter. The project was actually quietly greenlighted in August but ABC had not acknowledged its existance until today.

“We are making it in the next few months,” Lee said during a TCA panel today. “It’s a really good script.”

The project, originally developed last season and then reworked after the upfronts, comes from  S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producers Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski.

• Like 1

https://marvel.com/news/movies/25616/ryan_coogler_to_direct_marvels_black_panther?linkId=20280214

It’s official, Marvelites: Ryan Coogler will step up to direct Marvel’s “Black Panther,” in theaters February 16, 2018!

Chadwick Boseman will star in “Black Panther” after debuting as the character in the upcoming Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War,” in theaters May 6.

“We are fortunate to have such an esteemed filmmaker join the Marvel family,” said producer Kevin Feige. “The talents Ryan showcased in his first two films easily made him our top choice to direct ‘Black Panther.’ Many fans have waited a long time to see Black Panther in his own film, and with Ryan we know we’ve found the perfect director to bring T’Challa’s story to life.”

Coogler wrote and directed his first award-winning feature film, “Fruitvale Station,” in 2013. Most recently he directed the critically-acclaimed “Creed,” which earned Sylvester Stallone a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture.

he had been rumored for a while, glad to see him finally confirmed

• Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/netflix-boss-offers-iron-fist-201647944.html

Netflix Boss Offers Iron Fist Status, Eyes Annual Limit for Marvel Releases

The fourth of Netflix’s originally announced Marvel standalone series is inching closer to reality.

Following his Sunday appearance at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos said that the casting of Iron Fist is “in progress.”

<edit>

Marvel’s Iron Fist is the last of Netflix’s originally announced hero series to take shape, following Daredevil (which releases Season 2 on March 18), Jessica Jones (which just scored a Season 2 pickup) and Luke Cage (starring Mike Colter). Sarandos was mum on TVLine’s report that upcoming Daredevil adversary The Punisher is due for his own spinoff.

<edit>

Although a release date for Luke Cage has yet to be announced, it likely will be sometime this year, thus fulfilling what Sarandos sees as the ideal annual output for Marvel fare.

“It’s certainly possible” to release more than two in a year, he said, “but these [Marvel series] are produced on a scale of a major film. So there are long production times and long post times. And in some cases we have character crossovers, which makes it a little difficult to manage production. It’s not the goal to put out more than one or two a year.”

<edit>

Marvel TV boss Jeph Loeb told Adweek at TCA that following Luke Cage‘s eventual debut, Iron Fist Season 1, Jessica Jones Season 2 or the team-up series The Defenders are among the candidates to be next in queue.

• 3 weeks later...