Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I thought Spider-man looked great. i wasn't a fan of all the slick silver piping on his movie suit.

Looks like they tweaked some Alex Ross work. The eyes are very Alex Ross styled. Nice touch by having them move/focus as it allows a masked face to display some sort of emotion/gestures.

I'm 50/50 on the gauntlet look on the arms. I can do without the break at the top of the boots.

Glad to see mechanical wen shooters too. Though the belt with web fluid cartridges should be hidden, it's still a great detail touch.

They nailed the spider on the back unlike Sony who constantly effed it up. Still think the spider on the front could be a little bit bigger.

• Like 2

good pull, very Alex Ross.

The arms and boot tops are a bit different, but going by the assumption that he's a young man who made it himself, given the differences in potential inspiration as opposed to the original 1961 incarnation.. i can accept it. The belt is logical. Spidey never could get me to believe where he kept all his cartridges. no room for much but him in that suit.

Black Panther.. LOVE the character, always have. He's one of my favorites.

Not so much a fan of the silver on his suit,, i'm old school on him.. the blue-black suit, white eyes and nothing else except the awesome black stripes on the gloves and boots. I always loved how he looked.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

Why Spider-Man looks so weird in Captain America: Civil War

When it was announced that Sony and Marvel were going to team up for this new version of Spider-Man, Marvel Studios seemed excited to be able to portray their character in the way they felt best for the first time since Stan Lee sold the rights to make Amazing Spider-Man movies in the 1970s. What the final Spider-Man design ended up being was a barely modernized version of a classic design...

Marvel’s message seems to be speaking clearly through its design: this is a character you recognize in a way you’ve never seen him before. This time, though, the solution was to go subtle and to recall the comic book roots of the character.

Black Panther.. LOVE the character, always have. He's one of my favorites.

Not so much a fan of the silver on his suit,, i'm old school on him.. the blue-black suit, white eyes and nothing else except the awesome black stripes on the gloves and boots. I always loved how he looked.

~Bang

I wasn't the biggest fan of the silver at first, but its growing on me, looks good on camera. Can't wait for the solo film as well, and the new comic. I've seen an interview or two with Chadwick Boseman and he's dropped a couple of nuggets that tell me he has a good grasp on the character.

12821542_935005689952091_240686382466404

I wasn't the biggest fan of the silver at first, but its growing on me, looks good on camera. Can't wait for the solo film as well, and the new comic. I've seen an interview or two with Chadwick Boseman and he's dropped a couple of nuggets that tell me he has a good grasp on the character.

Yeah, I can't wait for the Black Panther film either. It was already a little excited, but when I found out Ryan Coogler was directing it, I was sold.

• Like 1

T'Challa is so awesome, and the scenes from the preview look ridiculously cool.

I'm fine with Boseman, though I was really hoping they could have done a flick 5-7 years ago with Idris Elba starring.

And I'm really stoked to see what Ta-Nehisi Coates is going to do with the character. Going to be must reading for sure.

And I'm really stoked to see what Ta-Nehisi Coates is going to do with the character. Going to be must reading for sure.

Coates offered a preview of the first issue: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/04/the-return-of-the-black-panther/471516/

In my work for The Atlantic I have, for some time, been asking a particular question: Can a society part with, and triumph over, the very plunder that made it possible? In Black Panther there is a simpler question: Can a good man be a king, and would an advanced society tolerate a monarch?

if thats the route he's taking, Panther is in good hands

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

The belt is logical. Spidey never could get me to believe where he kept all his cartridges. no room for much but him in that suit.

~Bang

Logical yes, but I'm so used to him having it under the shirt/top that this way just makes me immediately think "Batman's utility belt".

I find myself wondering. Are they making a mistake, trying to do Civil War in one movie?

I mean, I've been AMAZED at some of the movies, like Avengers, at how MUCH character they manage to pack into a two hour movie. Numerous major characters, and all of them have some major scenes. I've been really impressed at how much they have gotten into them.

But this? They're adding another half dozen characters, on top of the previous, AND they're dealing with a really heavy moral issue.

My uninformed gut feeling says this should be at least 2-3 movies.

That's a problem I have with all connected cinematic universes. It cheapens it when other characters aren't included.

I was watching Iron Man 3 last week on FX i think and I just kept thinking, "why wouldn't he just call Cap or Hulk in to help" he instead decides to make a bunch of McGyber weapons and raid the mandarin's heavily armed fortress without his Iron Man suit. Sure could have used Black Widow, Cap or Hulk to get thru there easily.

After Batman V Superman if Batman has a standalone movie with the Penguin or Joker why wouldn't he just sit on the sofa and say "hey supes, Joker is robbing a bank can you handle this for me? Be there in 2 minutes? Works for me" click

It just makes it hard to take the high stakes as seriously in the individual movies

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

That's a problem I have with all connected cinematic universes. It cheapens it when other characters aren't included.

I was watching Iron Man 3 last week on FX i think and I just kept thinking, "why wouldn't he just call Cap or Hulk in to help" he instead decides to make a bunch of McGyber weapons and raid the mandarin's heavily armed fortress without his Iron Man suit. Sure could have used Black Widow, Cap or Hulk to get thru there easily.

After Batman V Superman if Batman has a standalone movie with the Penguin or Joker why wouldn't he just sit on the sofa and say "hey supes, Joker is robbing a bank can you handle this for me? Be there in 2 minutes? Works for me" click

It just makes it hard to take the high stakes as seriously in the individual movies

Yeah agreed. Its like when I watch Arrow, why doesn't Oliver just call Flash for help? With Flash they'd clean up Star City without breaking a sweat.

Too many characters packed together just lessens and cheapens each individual one. There is a sweet spot, which I think they hit with Avengers, but Civil War just has way too many. And now Spider Man on top? I'm a Spidey fan but it's just ridiculous.

Just wait till we get to the final ones where they ALL get together. You know they're gonna have Guardians of the Galaxy people and X-Men with them too, lolol...

Well, I've got no problem with some characters being gone. For example, Thor doesn't exactly live here. And Banner has excellent motives to have an unlisted phone number.

Although, having Loki's army trashing NYC, and no mention of F4 being there?

Well, I've got no problem with some characters being gone. For example, Thor doesn't exactly live here. And Banner has excellent motives to have an unlisted phone number.

Although, having Loki's army trashing NYC, and no mention of F4 being there?

Fox owned those rights for that last movie.

Also, as to single-character movies, . . .

I seem to recall that, last we saw of Asgard, Loki was on the throne, pretending to be Odin.

We are gonna have a story about that, aren't we? I mean, I would think another "Thor and Loki on Asgard with nobody else" movie would put a lot of butts in the seats.

In the Avengers comics the members routinely left the roster to go fight villains and complete adventures on their own.  Iron Man and Thor actually left the Avengers almost immediately after the formation of the group.  Thor had a solo comic and Iron Man starred in solo plot lines in Tales of Suspense until he got his own really successful and long running solo comic starting in 1968.  He's much more like Spider-man in that he was primarily a lone wolf hero.

Around 40 issues in to the Avengers title, Captain America also left the team.  He too had been featured in solo story lines in Tales of Suspense, and Marvel rebooted the old Timely Comics Captain America title from the 40's in 1968, giving him his own longstanding solo title too.

At this point, the Avengers had been whittled down to just Hawkeye, Ant-Man, and Wasp, and so they added Black Panther (who had just been introduced in the Captain America book IIRC) to keep the team a foursome.

There is a long and well established tradition in Marvel comics of the biggest name heroes performing a lot of their adventures in isolation in their own titles.  Makes sense to do this in the movies too.

• Like 1

Also, as to single-character movies, . . .

I seem to recall that, last we saw of Asgard, Loki was on the throne, pretending to be Odin.

We are gonna have a story about that, aren't we? I mean, I would think another "Thor and Loki on Asgard with nobody else" movie would put a lot of butts in the seats.

That will likely be what Thor: Ragnorak is about.