Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm curious what role all these other people have in the story. BP, Ant-Man, Spidey. We can deduce BP is doing his own thing chasing after Bucky. Ant-Man probably sides with Cap, judging by the footage that was shown at D3. But he's not noted as officially one of Cap's team. I actually think Ant-Man will be shoe horned in there like Falcon was in Ant-Man and then be gone. And Spidey's doing....something.

I'm curious what role all these other people have in the story. BP, Ant-Man, Spidey. We can deduce BP is doing his own thing chasing after Bucky. Ant-Man probably sides with Cap, judging by the footage that was shown at D3. But he's not noted as officially one of Cap's team. I actually think Ant-Man will be shoe horned in there like Falcon was in Ant-Man and then be gone. And Spidey's doing....something.

I think Ant-Man will be recruited for a lone, one-off mission. Something to do with espionage/infiltration, something that his skillset would provide. Then he'll be gone or captured.

I don't want to mention what Spidey may be up to because my idea has a lot to do with what happened in the comics and I don't want to ruin anything.  

Never liked the comics Cap, but I like Evans' portrayal of him. Unyielding, incorruptible. Evans gives Cap personality. He just isn't a narcissistic smartass like Stark.

That being said, Bobby D owns the screen like no other superhero maybe besides Bale in the Dark Knight trilogy.

#TeamIronMan

MCU's Iron Man represents the America that is. MCU's Cap represents the America that ought to be.

As a rule, in any question of morality that sees Steve Rogers, Luke Cage, and Matt Murdock all going one way, and Tony Stark and Reed Richards going the other, you can be certain that Cap's side is the good one.

Anyway, the dynamics in the comics are pretty different. Especially in the original Silver Age ones. In that run, Iron Man is the level headed and cautious one and Cap is the hotheaded and super aggressive personality. Ant Man was the wise-cracking cynic. And Thor was actually the authoritarian adult in the room. MCU has done an incredible interpretation and portrayal of Captain America as the patient, empathetic, honorable, kind, mature, moral backbone of the team. It shows the changed way we think of effective leadership today, as opposed to in the 60's.

• Like 2

Yeah, I really think Loki has added a lot to these movies.

Never heard of the character, before the movies. But I like the dude.

I had no idea Thor also existed in the Marvel universe until the movie came out. All I knew about him was from Norse mythology.

And my mental image of the Avengers before the films was The X-Men, Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk, The Fantastic Four, Iron Man, and War Machine

As for the lack of a true Iron Man villain, I honestly never thought of Iron Man as a tier 1 superhero. I think Downeys unbelievable portrayal vaulted him there among fans. I think that may have something to do with it (most of the infatuation having to due largely Iron Man himself, not the entire Iron Man universe)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Well part of the reason they don't have an iconic Iron Man villain is because they ****ed up the Mandarin. The comic version of Mandarin is easily one of the most badass villains in the Marvel universe. But I'm not sure a canonical portrayal of Mandarin would have translated well to the more realistic tone of MCU. Same for Fin Fang Foom and MODOK, who are awesome. I'm also not sure if they'll be able to do a Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man since there is no more Soviet Union. But I could see either of those characters being fun villains in a movie.

I think of Iron Man as a tier one hero. He's one of Marvel's oldest characters and was an original Avenger. The original Avengers were like Marvel's version of Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. Each were very successful and popular individual characters. Iron Man was one of Marvel's flagship characters at the time and I think he always had that kind of stature.

Well part of the reason they don't have an iconic Iron Man villain is because they ****ed up the Mandarin. The comic version of Mandarin is easily one of the most badass villains in the Marvel universe. But I'm not sure a canonical portrayal of Mandarin would have translated well to the more realistic tone of MCU. Same for Fin Fang Foom and MODOK, who are awesome. I'm also not sure if they'll be able to do a Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man since there is no more Soviet Union. But I could see either of those characters being fun villains in a movie.

I think of Iron Man as a tier one hero. He's one of Marvel's oldest characters and was an original Avenger. The original Avengers were like Marvel's version of Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young. Each were very successful and popular individual characters. Iron Man was one of Marvel's flagship characters at the time and I think he always had that kind of stature.

God dammit. Stop knowing everything

• Like 1

What I knew about Marvel characters came from tv shows when I was a kid. Maybe some mentions of comics, but I probably didn't read ten of them. (Not ten titles. Ten issues).

So I'd heard of Fantastic Four. Spider-Man. Captain America. I knew Hulk as a big green guy, but didn't hear about David Banner till the TV series. I knew that Thor was in the comics and in mythology. Oh. Wonder Woman. (Although I think that was Lynda Carter).

But, for example, my first exposure to X Men was the films. (And I really wish Disney had those rights. Cause I feel like there's tons of potential in there).

Never heard of Deadpool till the teasers for the new movie.

God dammit. Stop knowing everything

I've been a Marvel comics nerd since I was like six years old. I collected and traded Marvel cards at my school like kids used to trade baseball cards when I was eight. I think I got my first boner from some panel of Emma Frost. I still read old Silver Age comics from the 60's.

It's crazy seeing the MCU movies and TV shows unfold. I was dreaming of stuff like this being made when I was a kid.

• Like 2