Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Best performance by Reynolds in a long time. Also, they made a pretty big departure from the source material by insinuating Deadpool is a mutant. Regardless, awesome job and probably the best Fox Marvel movie I've ever seen.

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-on-fire-friday-for-201551706.html

Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool is on fire at the Friday box office, where it’s on course to gross $35 million-plus for the day and $90 million or more over the long Valentine’s Day/Presidents Day weekend, according to early returns.

Deadpool is proving an even bigger victory than expected for Reynolds and Fox. Tracking had suggested the irreverent superhero movie — one of the rare Marvel comic book movies to be rated R — would open to $65 million or $70 million over the four-day holiday weekend. Some even believe it could crack $100 million

thats good news, pretty much guarantees a sequel

• Like 2

I heard they'd decided to do a sequel even before the movie released.

Yeah just a few days ago they announced a sequel was coming. This is a huge hit with great buzz...people will be pumped for the next entry.

I just posted in the Last Movie thread but damn this was a fun movie! Not for the kiddos, that's for sure lol.

I was entertained by Deadpool, but I won't be as effusive in my praise as most people that've seen it. It wasn't next level or anything.

I'm hoping with some extra funds to work with, if Colossus returns for the sequel, they can upgrade the CGI. The lips were just kinda doing their own thing. It was Saturday morning level FX in some spots.

If you did a top 10 comic superhero movies, how far would you go before you got to Deadpool? I might have to go 7-10, somewhere in there. The way folks were talking about it, it sounded upper echelon, but it's not quite that. It's faithful and different tho, kudos for that.

Edited by justice98

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/deadpool-box-office-presidents-weekend-box-office-record-1201705528/

“Deadpool” is obliterating its box office expectations as it hurdles toward a record-setting four-day weekend total north of $130 million.

The superhero comedy pulled in $47.5 million on Friday (including $12.7 million from Thursday night previews, which set a record for an R-rated film) from 3,558 locations. This puts the film on track to wrap up Presidents Day with more than $130 million. Fox had indicated it was expecting a debut between $60 million and $65 million, making its new projected total more than double the studio’s conservative estimate.

holy ****

my guy deadpool is a star

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

I was entertained by Deadpool, but I won't be as effusive in my praise as most people that've seen it. It wasn't next level or anything.

I'm hoping with some extra funds to work with, if Colossus returns for the sequel, they can upgrade the CGI. The lips were just kinda doing their own thing. It was Saturday morning level FX in some spots.

If you did a top 10 comic superhero movies, how far would you go before you got to Deadpool? I might have to go 7-10, somewhere in there. The way folks were talking about it, it sounded upper echelon, but it's not quite that. It's faithful and different tho, kudos for that.

I can agree it wasn't next level or upper echelon.

But it was really funny and incredibly refreshing compared to the entire rest of the superhero market the past 15+ years. That's what I enjoyed about it. I don't know a thing about Deadpool prior to this but this was different, fun and entertaining. And from what I've read it's very true to the character so fans have been high in their praise of it for that as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought Spider-man looked great. i wasn't a fan of all the slick silver piping on his movie suit.

After all, his costume is something he made himself at age 16.

I don't know his progress in the Civil War movie or in the overall MCU movieverse, since he's had his origin told twice by Sony now.

Frankly, if you're going to explain his appearance now without having been a part of the alien invasion of NYC in Avengers, it would be logical that he's still a teen who gained his powers after the aliens came.

~Bang

• Like 1