Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I had really high hopes for the FF movie.  Then there were rumors that it was  train wreck and I got super disappointed.  But I don't know... I'm looking forward to it now.  The casting decisions seemed odd at first, but all of the actors they chose are legitimately good.  And that gives me some hope.  No Jessica Albas in this film.

As much as I love X-Men, I think Silver Age FF defines Marvel for me.  We need a good FF film.  I really hope this one does the franchise justice.

Of that there is no doubt. A really good FF film so that they'll be compelled to make another that actually has,gasp,Galactus. Not some dark looming cloud. :)

I really liked Rise of the Silver Surfer except, of course, the Galactus tomfoolery. However, FOX hasn't gotten Dr. Doom right in two tries and I suspect they haven't got him right this time either.

I really liked Rise of the Silver Surfer except, of course, the Galactus tomfoolery. However, FOX hasn't gotten Dr. Doom right in two tries and I suspect they haven't got him right this time either.

Shame, Dr. Doom is nearly a perfect cold war villain. He's got the resources of a nation, is a bonafide genius and as smart or smarter than Richards, and delves into magic for an extra kick. FOX tried to turn him into Lex Luthor and give him superpowers to boot. That's not it. Doom was about technology and power, jealousy of Reed, and lust (of Susan, conquering, revenge, etc.)

I do agree that FOX probably blew it again... just the previewed line "Doom is stronger than any of us, but not all of us) hints that they're going to do Doom wrong. It's not that Doom himself is invincible, it's that his resources, genius, and gadgets make him all but unstoppable.

• Like 1

Just saw Ant-Man, it was a decent introduction to the character. They went with Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym, which initially I was annoyed by, but once I saw how Hank Pym was incorporated into the story I think it was a good choice.

It has two extra scenes at the end. One is immediately before the credits, and another after the credits finish rolling.

Below is a spoiler for the second extra scene in the Ant-Man movie. Don't click on it if you don't want it spoiled. 

The scene starts with an outside view of a garage. There is a man sitting down with his mechanical arm stuck in some type of machine. He looks up and it's Bucky Barnes/Winter Solider. Sam WIlson/Falcon walks into the garage and speaks to someone off screen. Captain America comes out and begins discussing getting something they need, and how to get it from Tony Stark. Falcon says he knows a guy( insinuating he's going to recruit Ant-Man).

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

Just saw Ant-Man, it was a decent introduction to the character. They went with Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym, which initially I was annoyed by, but once I saw how Hank Pym was incorporated into the story I think it was a good choice.

It has two extra scenes at the end. One is immediately before the credits, and another after the credits finish rolling.

Rats. Missed the final extra scene. 

Can you add a spoiler?

I agree. Good, fun Summer flick. I enjoyed it. The thing I like about Marvel movies more than DC ones is that they know how to laugh at themselves. DC is so darned serious.

Ant man and wasp were my favorite original roster Avengers I think. Always had a soft spot for the character. I didn't keep up with the characters much beyond the Silver Age comics, but I am familiar with Scott Lang Ant Man.

I'm extremely encouraged by the positive reviews. I really like Edgar Wright and was skeptical about the quality of the movie when he left it. But it sounds like his fingerprints are still on it.

As far as the choice to go with Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym, I think it makes sense because they screwed the pooch in booting up the Avengers franchise and making multiple movies without introducing Pym or Janet Van Dyne. NM that the Wasp is the friggin Avengers and they shouldn't have done Ultron without Pym. So having missed that boat, Lang is fine. The team has super scientists/makers on it in Banner and Stark, so having a thief is fresh.

• Like 1

I need Marvel to unleash Cable. Tom Hardy could play him. Don't believe he was a mutant, just an old(er), badasd dude with big ass guns. Had a very "Dirty Harry" type of attitude. Cable used to team up with Deadpool all the time. My favorite comic series as a kid.

xmensecondcoming.jpg

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

I need Marvel to unleash Cable. Tom Hardy could play him. Don't believe he was a mutant, just an old(er), badasd dude with big ass guns. Had a very "Dirty Harry" type of attitude. Cable used to team up with Deadpool all the time. My favorite comic series as a kid.

Cable is as mutant as they come, the child of Cyclops and Jean Grey.

I agree though, get X-Force up and running, built around Cable, Domino, and Deadpool. And Rated-R. This Fantastic Four reboot should never have happened and Fox should have been working on X-Force this whole time. Age Of Apocalypse was the absolute perfect setup. Another missed opportunity.

And for a little rant - FF has been the biggest instance of studio/film-rights spite in recent memory. The rights would have reverted to Marvel THIS August had the movie not been made. Fox had a contract option on both director Josh Trank and actor Michael B. Jordan (the shoehorned race change). With reversion approaching they cobbled together a script, existing contract options, and an embarrassingly cheap budget (Trank's Chronicle was made on $12 million).

And then there is Trank himself, who was relieved of filming duties (came to shoots high, thousands of dollars in damages to his house rental in Baton Rouge, meltdowns) and Vaughn was brought in for post, editing, and reshoots. There is a reason Disney removed Trank from Star Wars.

• Like 1

Cable is definitely a mutant, he is the son of Cyclops who was raised in the future and came back to the past much, much older. 

And for a little rant - FF has been the biggest instance of studio/film-rights spite in recent memory. The rights would have reverted to Marvel THIS August had the movie not been made. 

I can't stand that ****. Fox is the worst. The only reason they made those crappy Wolverine movies is so they can hold onto their license. 

Speaking of long overdue, we've had 5 Spiderman movies and only 10 minutes of a crappy Venom and no Carnage.

Now Carnage will probably never happen because it's too evil and R rated but at least give us a decent Venom/Spidey fight.

Depending on how successful the "hard R" rated Deadpool movie is..you might see some other R rated Marvel movies being made. 

As as aside..I cannot wait til that movie comes out. The trailer was beyond ridiculous (good)..and it seemed to finally portray the mouthy merc accurately.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

But as a Disney stockholder, I'm not sure that's a good business decision. R movies might get lots of oohs and ahs from adults. But it's G movies that make money.

Although no doubt there's room for both. I think folks would agree that the recent Daredevil "series" was a success. (Although I confess, I don't know if it was a financial one. I assume it was, cause they renewed it).

But as a Disney stockholder, I'm not sure that's a good business decision. R movies might get lots of oohs and ahs from adults. But it's G movies that make money.

Although no doubt there's room for both. I think folks would agree that the recent Daredevil "series" was a success. (Although I confess, I don't know if it was a financial one. I assume it was, cause they renewed it).

Slight correction. It's been the PG13 movies that make money in the last 20 years.

6 of the top 10 best earning Disney movies (inflation adjusted) in that span were PG13. 

http://www.the-numbers.com/market/distributor/Walt-Disney

Avengers, Pirates of the Carribean, Sixth Sense, Avengers 2, Pirates of the Carribean 2, Iron Man 3.

Also, I wouldn't expect Deadpool to be a huge moneymaker. But I would expect it to appeal to a large adult male (and some female) fanbase. They can still fill a niche and churn out Cars XII and Planes VII. ;)

Also..I think Fox Entertainment might have the ultimate say on the movie's rating (I mean, other than the MPAA). They are the makers of the movie.

I saw that comment about Deadpool trailers. IMDB doesn't seem to have any. (And I've given up on YouTube for trailers, since every jerk fanboy insists on labeling his homemade video as "official trailer").

Got any link to an actual trailer?

I saw that comment about Deadpool trailers. IMDB doesn't seem to have any. (And I've given up on YouTube for trailers, since every jerk fanboy insists on labeling his homemade video as "official trailer").

Got any link to an actual trailer?

It wasn't official but it was confirmed leaked footage. Ryan Reynolds has said that the official trailer is coming out soon (like next week or the one after).

edit..

As much as I want the #deadpool footage from #SDCC officially released, the VFX shots aren't done yet. We have something for you in 3 weeks.

---------------

It (the trailer) also has a lot of swearing and violence in it. So I will link it..and not embed it. 

;)

edit...looks like most of the copies I've watched have been removed. I did find this crappy version. 

Thanks.  I'll wait a while. 

I confess that I know absolutely nothing about the character.  But he sure seems to have a lot of fanboys.  And I liked the reference to "trash talking".  That's one thing I liked about comic book characters, that I think only the most recent Spiderman movies have really done.  I guess the F4 movies did some of it, too. 

Thanks. I'll wait a while.

I confess that I know absolutely nothing about the character. But he sure seems to have a lot of fanboys. And I liked the reference to "trash talking". That's one thing I liked about comic book characters, that I think only the most recent Spiderman movies have really done. I guess the F4 movies did some of it, too.

Wade Wilson had cancer and underwent the Weapon X modification. That gave him the mutant power of accelerated healing factor ( like Wolverine but much greater).

That kept the cancer from killing him but it also made him mostly insane. It also scarred him (since he still has the cancer cells) this he hides behind the full bodysuit.

And since he was a smartass to begin with...you can image how his insanity hasn't helped.

Also..he's one of the few comic characters that constantly break the fourth wall. From what I can tell..they are for sure going to show that in the movie too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-marvel-release-dates-2015-7

Here's how Netflix plans to roll out its remaining Marvel series and launch 'The Defenders'

Marvel fans have a bit more clarity on how Netflix plans to roll out its remaining comic book-inspired series.

Netflix president Ted Sarandos laid it out during Tuesday's Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills on Tuesday.

“I think ideally there will be a rhythm of about every six months you’ll get a new season or a new series from the Defenders group," Sarandos told reporters. "And then they’ll crossover into a combined [Defenders] season once we’ve launched the first season of each of the four characters."

The first in the series, "Daredevil," premiered to good reviews back in April and then it was renewed later that same month.

Next up will be "AKA Jessica Jones," which stars Kristyn Ritter and David Tennant. Sarandos said the series will make a late-2015 debut.

"Luke Cage" will probably arrive next, since it already has a showrunner (Cheo Hodari Coker) and a star (Mike Colter).

And then finally, "Iron Fist."

The Punisher, who will debut on the second season of "Daredevil," may also get its own series, as well. Or, a movie.

“It is possible for sure. That’s the beauty of the Marvel universe,” said Sarandos on a Punisher spinoff. "Any of them could spin out into films, too.” 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH