Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Momma, you goin a little far with this Holland hate, did he kick your dog or somethin?

Spiderman 3 kills the McGuire over Holland argument, total disaster of a movie you almost forget how awesome his battle with Dr Octopus was in the previous film.

Haha no, I just hate how his character is written. I’m a big Spider-Man fan and this just isn’t it 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Did you not watch the first part in wakanda. Hulk in hulk suit gets overwhelmed as does Captain America. But Thor saves them. 

yeah, in infinity war. I’m just saying that was the story of that movie, they were overwhelmed and outnumbered and lose after being taken somewhat by surprise. At the end of Endgame they story is that they are on equal footing with Thanos now, are prepared and have the whole squad for the fight ready so they have a chance yet in that story the only one that can’t hang is Spider-Man. It’s a disservice to his character. 

if you all don’t see it fine. I just think it’s poor writing for his character and he is constantly babied where other avengers aren’t 

• Like 1

I’m not disagreeing it’s poor writing but I think you’re wrong as hell and exaggerating that particular scene

Maybe at first, but none of them were hanging in towards the end. Thanos ended up beating everyone’s ass and after calling the air strike they were done for until Captain Marvel saved them. 

plus the point was you saying fodder couldn’t overcome them and I think I disapproved that point. 

regardless of me disagreeing with you, they better man up Spiderman. Because they’ve had two movies to expand on this plot point. 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Haha no, I just hate how his character is written. I’m a big Spider-Man fan and this just isn’t it 

Agreed. I think the only scene where got Spidey right was where the crooks were wearing the Avengers Halloween masks & trying to rob an ATM or something. 

Garfield's 2nd film was the best as far as writing Peter/Spidey though Electro.... ugh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Momma, you goin a little far with this Holland hate, did he kick your dog or somethin?

Spiderman 3 kills the McGuire over Holland argument, total disaster of a movie you almost forget how awesome his battle with Dr Octopus was in the previous film.

There is no spiderman 3. It doesn't exist. 

17 minutes ago, TK said:

Agreed. I think the only scene where got Spidey right was where the crooks were wearing the Avengers Halloween masks & trying to rob an ATM or something. 

Garfield's 2nd film was the best as far as writing Peter/Spidey though Electro.... ugh.

His role in Captain America: Civil War was really good. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

thank you! I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I think that movie nailed Spider-Man and Peter and I loved what it was setting up for him. Wish it had gotten a full trilogy 

That was easily the best Spiderman movie. Im still upset that we couldn't keep that particular universe/story going. 

Still I think they have left themselves (probably unintentionally) lots of room to turn the Tom Holland one around. Or they can make him a Zombie and then start over. Im fine with either. And when I said his immaturity hasnt been the main drama yet, I mean something like him getting an avenger killed being stupid, or him quitting the avengers for MJ and then a bunch of people die. Something like that to turn him around. Maybe thats just hopes and dreams at this point though. They should have used his relationship with Tony Stark for this imo but they missed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

That was easily the best Spiderman movie. Im still upset that we couldn't keep that particular universe/story going. 

Still I think they have left themselves (probably unintentionally) lots of room to turn the Tom Holland one around. Or they can make him a Zombie and then start over. Im fine with either. And when I said his immaturity hasnt been the main drama yet, I mean something like him getting an avenger killed being stupid, or him quitting the avengers for MJ and then a bunch of people die. Something like that to turn him around. Maybe thats just hopes and dreams at this point though. They should have used his relationship with Tony Stark for this imo but they missed it. 

that’s what I thought they were doing too but at this point it’s been 5 movies he’s appeared in and we still have Iron Boy instead of Spider-Man

Well, really, people are jumping off the ledge of this move when we've seen 2 in congruent minutes of probably a 120-140 min movie. We have no idea what his character arc is going to go. And this idea of trying to live two lives has been a common theme.

In Homecoming he ditches Liz at Homecoming to stop Vulture (without any help, mind you). In Far from Home, he swings the other way, and tries to put Spider-Man behind him and be normal. Thay didn't go well either. So we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm enjoying the What If series but I felt like Episode 2 rushed the "what if" event compared to Episode 1. Episode 3 was really good.

I'm the other way, I thought Episode 1 was rushed.  And the "what if" was Peggy deciding to watch the experiment from the lab floor instead of going up to the booth?  And that lead to the Hydra agent blowing the bomb early and Howard Stark inventing the Ironman, or I guess Ironmonger suit for Steve?  

Episode 2 & 3 were fun.  I bought T'Challa as Starlord convincing a lot of bad people to be good.  And explanation of how Yondu picked up young T'Challa instead of young Quill made sense and it was funny.  

The 3rd Episode I liked that they made the "what if" a twist in the story. 

Edited by drowland

1 hour ago, drowland said:

The 3rd Episode I liked that they made the "what if" a twist in the story.

I thought What If was a dumb idea, but they're doing a great job with it. The stories are interesting and entertaining, and the animation is fantastic

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I thought What If was a dumb idea, but they're doing a great job with it. The stories are interesting and entertaining, and the animation is fantastic

Same with me, I wasn't interested in it at first but now I'm enjoying them.  

• Like 1