Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)


BRAVEONAWARPATH
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Did anyone else find that Kang really annoying?  Hopefully the next one is better and less hammy

 

I felt he had a Willy Wonka vibe to him.  Which considering he's been alone in a castle for eons it kind of made sense he's a little zanny.  Based on the costume he was an Immortus variant of Kang who is older and more reflective.  I fully expect the other variants of Kang to be different then this one.  It's interesting though that they introduced Kang with the oldest version of him but the setup is probably the smart way to do it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, drowland said:

 

I felt he had a Willy Wonka vibe to him.  Which considering he's been alone in a castle for eons it kind of made sense he's a little zanny.  Based on the costume he was an Immortus variant of Kang who is older and more reflective.  I fully expect the other variants of Kang to be different then this one.  It's interesting though that they introduced Kang with the oldest version of him but the setup is probably the smart way to do it.  

What did he say about the other variants? They were much more violent or something like that. The timeline Loki returned to had statues of Kang...he didn't look as hammy or quirky. He looked very serious. 

I have a major nerd boner over Multiverse of Madness. That **** is going to get nuts.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


I don’t know if that would work. I’m fine with someone beyond Jackman playing wolverine but Cavill doesn’t fit the role to me 

Neither did Jackman at the time he was cast...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Na Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine. Cavill would make a great Dr. Doom though.

 

I guess it depends on how much maskless Victor Von Doom you get vs masked Dr. Doom.  I doubt they wanna hide Cavill behind a mask if they can help it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Neither did Jackman at the time he was cast...

 


Conflicted on this. Find it hard to believe that they would introduce a character as massive as Wolverine in Captain Marvel 2. Then again, CM 1 is regarded by many as one of their worst movies (I loved it) so they may want to use Wolverine to prop up the franchise there and get in a lot of those particular “dudes” that didn’t like Captain marvel or Brie Larson 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


Conflicted on this. Find it hard to believe that they would introduce a character as massive as Wolverine in Captain Marvel 2. Then again, CM 1 is regarded by many as one of their worst movies (I loved it) so they may want to use Wolverine to prop up the franchise there and get in a lot of those particular “dudes” that didn’t like Captain marvel or Brie Larson 

 

I liked it too--but it makes tons more sense to introduce Rogue in this story--Wolverine would be kind of shoehorned in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Marvel was a good movie. It got grief because a certain segment of the population can’t handle a female heroic lead. Rey got the same treatment, by some, in Star Wars. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wolverine (Berserker Rage) vs The Flas | Comics Amino

 

Hugh Jackman was just with Feige and also had his Wolverine beard, so probably not him. Actually I suppose it's possible with the developing Multiverse storyline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, Borgold said:

Captain Marvel was a good movie. It got grief because a certain segment of the population can’t handle a female heroic lead. Rey got the same treatment, by some, in Star Wars. 

I gotta disagree with ya here. As one of the ones that didn't much care for Captain Marvel or the last star wars movie, it had nothing to do with a female heroic lead. It had to do with poor story, poor execution, and/or bad acting.

I liked Rey, hated the last movie due to story and the way the new Star Wars regime celebrated the death of Luke.

Captain Marvel...just didn't like it. Didn't like the acting, the story, none of it. I won't say I hated it,  because I was entertained, but see no need to watch it again.

Wanda>>> Captain Marvel in my opinion. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2021 at 4:53 PM, Riggo#44 said:

 

I liked it too--but it makes tons more sense to introduce Rogue in this story--Wolverine would be kind of shoehorned in. 

Not really.

 

Wolverine has a long history with Carol Danvers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

I gotta disagree with ya here. As one of the ones that didn't much care for Captain Marvel or the last star wars movie, it had nothing to do with a female heroic lead. It had to do with poor story, poor execution, and/or bad acting.

I liked Rey, hated the last movie due to story and the way the new Star Wars regime celebrated the death of Luke.

Captain Marvel...just didn't like it. Didn't like the acting, the story, none of it. I won't say I hated it,  because I was entertained, but see no need to watch it again.

Wanda>>> Captain Marvel in my opinion. 

 

That's the fun thing about art. We all can be impacted differently. I think it held together really well and had some great moments. I loved the "stand up" montage, for example.

 

Clearly not everyone who was critical of it was because it had a female lead, but there was a lot of anti-woman social media chatter that came out surrounding the movie. In one respect, I think that helped me. I saw the movie late and was expecting it to be awful. Lowered expectations probably made me enjoy it more than others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Borgold said:

That's the fun thing about art. We all can be impacted differently. I think it held together really well and had some great moments. I loved the "stand up" montage, for example.

 

Clearly not everyone who was critical of it was because it had a female lead, but there was a lot of anti-woman social media chatter that came out surrounding the movie. In one respect, I think that helped me. I saw the movie late and was expecting it to be awful. Lowered expectations probably made me enjoy it more than others.

I definitely respect your opinion. I honestly had low expectations as well, but just couldn't get into it because of the story.

 

But you're right that's the fun thing about art.

Just as another example...loved  the 1st WW...but not a fan of WW1984

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...