Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)


BRAVEONAWARPATH
 Share

Recommended Posts

It has nothing to do with him being a teenager. He’s just poorly written and makes Spider-Man weak. 
 

he cried to be an avenger 

 

then he turns stark down when offered 

 

then he gets to be an avenger and is all excited 

 

then he cries because it requires responsibilities and saving the world interferes with his field trip. He literally walks away handing a world destroying weapon to the enemy because he’s upset he can’t go on a field trip 

 

Did this Spider-Man not get the great power/great responsibility line from uncle Ben? Because man does he ****ing hate when he actually has to do something. 
 

contrast this with Peter at the end of SM1 walking away from the love of his life because he knew he was Spider-Man and it put her in danger. He wanted to be with her but he had other responsibilities and priorities. 
 

or Peter in the Amazing movies trying to juggle this and losing people, breaking promises and dealing with the ramifications of that and what it still means to go on despite the ****ty things that happen to you and the crap hand you are dealt with. You have to go be great because of the responsibility  you’ve been given. 
 

Now MCU Peter is crying because everyone knows his identity and Jameson is being mean to him. say nothing of the fact he exists in a world where Avengers exist and there are always 2-3 people there to help him including stark giving him his suit which is basically a fabric iron man suit complete with AI and weapons system. 
 

When is he going to grow up and commit to being Spider-Man. He’s been in 5 movies and still as recently as the last one, walked away from his commitments so he could tour Europe. Let someone else save the earth, I gotta get ice cream with my girlfriend. What a slap in the face to the character. this Spider-Man and Peter are so weak and pathetic its an embarrassment. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

 

They're developing the character in a way you don't like, not that they've taken it away.

 

But it's really been a short time in canon between Civil War and No Way Home.  And he got snapped for 5 years, so he's still a teenager and thus acts like one.

 

So nothing he's been through has helped him not be a whiny little ****? Teenagers are permitted to mature a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Holland is good.

 

When they first meet Kang in the last episode of Loki

1) he isn't even named Kang but rather "He who survived" what kind of boring ass name is that

2) he tells them that he knows everything they're going to do, well why say that? To assert your dominance? Good for you you invented the TVA and invented time and straightened the universe, do you want a cookie? "I AM THE ONE WHO MAKES TIME PROPER" who cares

3) If he could predict time and know everything to the point where he dodges Sylvie's attacks why did he let Sylvie kill him

4) Even after Sylvie kills him for whatever vindictive reason she has how is there still a statue of the man at the TVA

Loki is just a messed up f***ed up TV show

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Funny, I think Tom Holland version is the best adapatation of the Spider-Man/Peter Parker of all the live action movies. 

 

Spiderman has always been pretty down to earth in a way that i think Hollands Spiderman pulls off well. Maybe I should say hes the best Peter Parker. Dude has always has problems on a more relatable level than most heros. He went through money problems, love life problems, ****ty boss problems....all of that on top of being a hero. I specifically remember him maturing during the animated series when I was a kid. Often then it was through monolog, but you knew he learned from the first time he made a mistake and wouldn't make it again. Its what made him cool, that he was like a regular person with regular problems but also super powers.......so super problems lol. 

 

Matter of fact, the exact premise of this movie......him wanting everyone to forget who he is.....is lifted right out of a comic. And I think the whole spider verse thing in the animated series started with him giving up being a hero. I could be wrong on that, but I specifically remember the old lady spider chick telling him how much of a child he was being and him saying he doesnt give a ****. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Tom Holland is good.

 

When they first meet Kang in the last episode of Loki

1) he isn't even named Kang but rather "He who survived" what kind of boring ass name is that

 

That's cause he wasn't Kang the Conqueror. He was a Marvel Villain named 'He who Remains'. They basically merged two characters. He alluded to Kang coming if he is defeated though. 

 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

3) If he could predict time and know everything to the point where he dodges Sylvie's attacks why did he let Sylvie kill him

 

Leading to this. He was fine with it happening because he saw his own existence as an inevitability....that without him, there would be so many versions of him that eventually the entire war would start again leading to -- him. Again. So he let her kill him cause he felt like he would win either way. Thats why he winked and said see you soon. 

 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

4) Even after Sylvie kills him for whatever vindictive reason she has how is there still a statue of the man at the TVA

 

She never made it back to her timeline. She ended up in a place where Kang actually did exist. Like he said, it was inevitable and now there are going to be many many Kangs. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The avengers are screwed if their new leader is 1) weak physically and 2) will just bounce on them the second he gets a text from MJ that says she misses him 

 

I like Holland and I have no problem with his Peter dealing with real life problems. That’s who Spider-Man is. It’s how he chooses to deal with these things that’s my problem. He can deal with these problems without being written as a whiny immature weak punk that doesn’t want to be Spider-Man. The other movies, the fox show, the PS4 game all deal with this some even where he stops being Spider-Man and it’s handled far better IMO. 
 

the mcu Spider-Man doesn’t feel or look like teenager or young adult dealing with life he feels and acts like a child and he looks like a little kid in his suit.
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2021 at 10:39 AM, Llevron said:

 

That's cause he wasn't Kang the Conqueror. He was a Marvel Villain named 'He who Remains'. They basically merged two characters. He alluded to Kang coming if he is defeated though. 

 

 

Leading to this. He was fine with it happening because he saw his own existence as an inevitability....that without him, there would be so many versions of him that eventually the entire war would start again leading to -- him. Again. So he let her kill him cause he felt like he would win either way. Thats why he winked and said see you soon. 

 

 

She never made it back to her timeline. She ended up in a place where Kang actually did exist. Like he said, it was inevitable and now there are going to be many many Kangs. 

Now I'm confused!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The avengers are screwed if their new leader is 1) weak physically and 2) will just bounce on them the second he gets a text from MJ that says she misses him 

 

I like Holland and I have no problem with his Peter dealing with real life problems. That’s who Spider-Man is. It’s how he chooses to deal with these things that’s my problem. He can deal with these problems without being written as a whiny immature weak punk that doesn’t want to be Spider-Man. The other movies, the fox show, the PS4 game all deal with this some even where he stops being Spider-Man and it’s handled far better IMO. 
 

the mcu Spider-Man doesn’t feel or look like teenager or young adult dealing with life he feels and acts like a child and he looks like a little kid in his suit.
 

 

He's still developing into a leader. I think you'll see some tremendous growth in the next movie as he (allegedly)deals with the Spideys from the other universes and possibly with the Sinister 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Have you not watched any of the movies?

You Have A Metal Arm Winter Soldier GIF - You Have A Metal Arm Winter  Soldier Spiderman - Discover & Share GIFs

 

To this point, I wish they would de-emphasize the ironman like suit and let his strength/agility be on display more. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

 

To this point, I wish they would de-emphasize the ironman like suit and let his strength/agility be on display more. 

I thought they did that well in all of his movies--at the end of Far from Home especially.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I hope he gets a big power and maturity boost in this movie but I doubt it 

 

If anything I think they are setting up for his immaturity to cause or be the main conflict of a movie. That's basically a Spiderman must and I'm not sure it has happened yet. 

 

I agree that its needed. I have just been assuming its coming at some point. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

 

If anything I think they are setting up for his immaturity to cause or be the main conflict of a movie. That's basically a Spiderman must and I'm not sure it has happened yet. 

 

I agree that its needed. I have just been assuming its coming at some point. 


it hasn’t happened yet? Due to his immaturity, he handed away a literal world destroying weapons system that was solely entrusted to him by his surrogate father figure/mentor following his death in the last movie. 
 

his immaturity caused lots of problems in Homecoming too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

 

Have you not watched any of the movies?

You Have A Metal Arm Winter Soldier GIF - You Have A Metal Arm Winter  Soldier Spiderman - Discover & Share GIFs


yeah watched them all. He’s the only one in that same fight who was told “you’re done” because he was too weak to keep up with everyone else and he thankfully accepted. 
 

had to have iron man save the ferry in homecoming because he couldn’t. 


He always has to have someone save his ass because he’s a weak little kid and not Spider-Man

 

Even in endgame he’s so weak he literally hides by crawling into the fetal position with the infinity gauntlet cuz he’s scared. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

 

To this point, I wish they would de-emphasize the ironman like suit and let his strength/agility be on display more. 


this is another one: 

 

“activate instant kill” 

 

yeah it’s a joke that finally paid off but it’s also Spider-Man giving up (against nameless foot soldiers/creatures) and needing to be bailed out by Tony’s suit. 
 

like can this dude handle anything on his own? Couldn’t even beat a bunch of jobbers from Thanos army?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:


this is another one: 

 

“activate instant kill” 

 

yeah it’s a joke that finally paid off but it’s also Spider-Man giving up (against nameless foot soldiers/creatures) and needing to be bailed out by Tony’s suit. 
 

like can this dude handle anything on his own? Couldn’t even beat a bunch of jobbers from Thanos army?


Weak as criticism. Thanos should of just ripped captain America’s arms off etc. The fights don’t have any logic to them. It’s all for dramatic effect to show they are being overwhelmed. But you know this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:


Weak as criticism. Thanos should of just ripped captain America’s arms off etc. The fights don’t have any logic to them. It’s all for dramatic effect to show they are being overwhelmed. But you know this. 


No, none of the other Avengers in Endgame were overwhelmed by those things except Spider-Man. They’re a faceless nameless army created specifically (by the writers I mean) for the Avengers to beat up 
 

it’s not about logic, it’s about how the characters are portrayed. Spider-Man is written like a weak kid and I’m just saying I wish he was written like actual Spider-Man or with even a small amount of the same respect shown toward other characters. 

 

As another example he’s the only Avenger that’s afraid in that fight too. Legit terrified when Captain Marvel meets him to take the gauntlet. He’s written like a punk 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...