Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 6/9/2021 at 9:49 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

First episode of Loki was pretty good to me.  Has a Men In Black feel to the show, but more serious.

I can see that.

My impression is that it has an Umbrella Academy feel to it 😎

Not what I was expecting. Very stylistic. I’ve always hated the Loki character, loved the actor though. I’ll watch.

Using a villainous lead character to muse on the nature of villainy and heroism.  Marvel Studios kills it when they do character studies.  I'm starting to think that these tv miniseries are their strongest format.

Loki, Vision, and Captain America and even Thor to a lesser extent, are particularly difficult characters to portray well.  They can be so cringey in lesser hands, but Marvel Studios gave them love and care and created the best versions of the characters that I've seen.  Definitely with Loki, Vision, and Steve Rogers anyway.  Loki is usually super fruity and downright silly, but he has always had such great potential as a character.  Hiddleston's Loki is the best.  Brings human complexity to him and he can do all of the melodramatic flash that defines the character, but convey it with just the right mix of winking self aware irony and actual gravitas.  It's impressive.  He was kind of limited to scene stealing support roles before, I'm glad they gave him his own show.

• Like 3

I'm unsure where you get that they've done a great job with Vision.  I still feel like I don't know a thing about him.  Can't even tell you what his power is.  (Maybe if I could slog through the cheesiness of Wandavision, that would change.)  

42 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm unsure where you get that they've done a great job with Vision.  I still feel like I don't know a thing about him.  Can't even tell you what his power is.  (Maybe if I could slog through the cheesiness of Wandavision, that would change.)  

So in essence, you said “I don’t know how anyone could say any show I haven’t watched did a good job with Vision.” That’s some Trump-level reasoning right there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So in essence, you said “I don’t know how anyone could say any show I haven’t watched did a good job with Vision.” That’s some Trump-level reasoning right there.

Or, maybe it's "I've seen him in what, three movies, and don't know him."?  

I know more about Hawkeye or Black Widow than him.  Without watching a spinoff series on either of them.  

But y'all are right.  "Thou shalt watch and study every single bit of everything produced, or refrain from comment".  

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

Or, maybe it's "I've seen him in what, three movies, and don't know him."?  

You said "I'm unsure where you get that they've done a great job with Vision"...since he already said he has watched WandaVision and that the tv mini series was Marvel's strongest format for portraying character studies...coupled with you saying you haven't watched WV yet still described something you haven't watched as "slogging through cheesiness"...and, well, yeah, you end up with a post like my earlier one lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I personally have not found Loki to be anywhere near as good as Wandavision or Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Loki is ok. Honestly, these shows can’t beat Season 1 of Daredevil and even Jessica Jones.

If I were to rank the shows:

Falcon and Winter Soldier

Loki

****WandaVision

I know others would rank it the other way.

Edited by Rdskns2000

DD S1 and S2 are phenomenal.  Wasn't a huge JJ fan because the comics did it (Purple Man) better. Punisher S1 was also legit. 

I liked Wandavision but it started slow. At least it's a one off and moved her story significantly.  Haven't finished Winter Soldier. Not impressed with the story but I've heard it gets better. Need to finish it before I start Loki. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 11:19 AM, Warhead36 said:

I personally have not found Loki to be anywhere near as good as Wandavision or Falcon and Winter Soldier.

I have to say I'm fully in on Loki after the last two episodes and will probably go back and rewatch the first few episodes before the finale.  It's gotten very interesting.  If it sticks the landing i might put Loki at the top of the three.  

• Like 1