Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 5/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, JCB said:

Man, oh man, I hope they nail the casting for the FF. I need me some Victor Von Doom.

I want them to start with young Franklin and Valeria already in existence, too. And skip the whole origin thing. 

Doom ruling over Latveria, beefing with Reed and Valeria loving the guy. 

On 5/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, JCB said:

Man, oh man, I hope they nail the casting for the FF. I need me some Victor Von Doom.

Doom is a great villain, I hope they bring him along slowly and not just discard him after one movie.  

It's gonna be almost 5 years since they announced Mahersala Ali as Blade before we actually see that. If you're that far off, I don't know why you bother even saying anything.  I read a rumor they may be in front of cameras in late 2021, but I'll believe it when i see it.  I'll be very surprised if this movie comes out before 2023-2024.  Unless they jam it in somewhere, they've got their schedule out to 2023 already.  Nothing's carved in stone, there's always flexibility to move things around, but we'll see.

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

It's gonna be almost 5 years since they announced Mahersala Ali as Blade before we actually see that. If you're that far off, I don't know why you bother even saying anything.  I read a rumor they may be in front of cameras in late 2021, but I'll believe it when i see it.  I'll be very surprised if this movie comes out before 2023-2024.  Unless they jam it in somewhere, they've got their schedule out to 2023 already.  Nothing's carved in stone, there's always flexibility to move things around, but we'll see.

The Blade movie is interesting.  From what I read Marvel wasn't looking to cast Blade and it didn't sound like it was something they had in the pipeline.  Ali reached out to Feige and pitched him on the concept and how he would portray the character and Marvel went with it.  Not sure they have a director yet. 

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Going to have to get a new Quake as the actress is one of the powerpuff girls, on the cw show.

Not necessarily.

Look at The Rock. He works seemingly 6 gigs at a time. Could pull off being Quake and a Powderpuff girl (which I don’t foresee lasting for too long)

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

MODOK on Hulu is good.  Stop motion animated comedy with a funny voice cast.  I wouldn't binge it though.  Bingeing comedies is the worst way to consume them because the jokes stop hitting after a while.

I've only seen the first 2 episodes. I expected funnier but I think "good" is an apt description. They may have given it a little too much heart though. I'll continue on with it.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:18 AM, @SkinsGoldPants said:

So, that fan made posted from months ago.....wasn't real?

E2J9YXzXMAE05aQ?format=jpg

Honestly? This trailer did next to nothing for me. Take this from the perspective of someone who knows zilch about who or what the Eternals are. So I'm not seeing the visions I've had in my head finally come to life or anything like that. And I don't quite get the joke at the very end about that one guy saying he could lead the Avengers, if it is a joke...The production looks stellar, though (outside of that first front view shot of the spaceship, I guess is what it is....looked like lazy CGI).

The poster--real or not--was far more intriguing for me.

T

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Honestly? This trailer did next to nothing for me. Take this from the perspective of someone who knows zilch about who or what the Eternals are. So I'm not seeing the visions I've had in my head finally come to life or anything like that. And I don't quite get the joke at the very end about that one guy saying he could lead the Avengers, if it is a joke...The production looks stellar, though (outside of that first front view shot of the spaceship, I guess is what it is....looked like lazy CGI).

Thanos is the son of two eternals (he also carries the deviant gene), to give you an idea how powerful the eternals are.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chachie said:

I've only seen the first 2 episodes. I expected funnier but I think "good" is an apt description. They may have given it a little too much heart though. I'll continue on with it.

It's a long form version of Robot Chicken set in the Marvel universe.  The jokes and characters are better developed as a consequence.  It's kind of surprising and way smarter than I expected it to be.  Not as good as Big Mouth, but has a similar hyper fast wit.  I'd have still been satisfied with a much worse show.

@stevemcqueen1 in 3 paragraphs or more, can you tell me about the eternals and why I should be excited about this movie?

the only thing that peaked my interest is that it seems to be a different conversation than most of the other MCU films have taken in. These are what, god like creatures with more noble and just higher ambitions than domination or power. So it’s trying to have a different conversation and be a different type of film than the avengers.

but that could be an incorrect read on a teaser trailer 

On 5/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, Califan007 said:

Honestly? This trailer did next to nothing for me.

The MCU movies are starting to lose their power, a bit. Maybe Eternals is fantastic, I was less than thrilled about Guardians of the Galaxy, but that was terrific--same with Wandavision. So, we'll see, but I am less than enthusiastic about this and Shang Chi. Probably because I know nothing about them, feels like they're dipping into the C-level characters.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The MCU movies are starting to lose their power, a bit. Maybe Eternals is fantastic, I was less than thrilled about Guardians of the Galaxy, but that was terrific--same with Wandavision. So, we'll see, but I am less than enthusiastic about this and Shang Chi. Probably because I know nothing about them, feels like they're dipping into the C-level characters.

Same here.  

Prior to the Disney acquisition, I knew Captain America,  Hulk, Spider Man , and Fantastic Four.  

Never really knew Iron Man.  But they've done a great job of introducing him to me.  Black Widow has grown on me.  And the Guardians.  Doctor Strange.  

Loki.

They're not Disney, but I'd love to see more X Men.  That seems like they've done some really great social commentary, but there's tons more to do.  

I think the TV series have given me a casual familiarity with Luke Cage and Punisher.  I'm willing to watch more Jessica Jones or Daredevil.  

The rest of these people?  

Frankly, to me, the Marvel logo generates more desire to see this movie than anything else in the trailers.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1