Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm starting to think this version of Quicksilver really is the Fox X-Men Quicksilver.  Going back and watching the episode where he shows up, when Wanda opens the door it cuts back to the Sword base where you see Darcy running to the monitors and there's an alarm going off.  An alarm like something's been breached.  Makes me think him entering the hex caused it.  And there's the question where's Dr Strange?  I think the events of this show are happening same time as events of Dr Strange 2 and he's stuck in the multiverse and may have come across X-Men Quicksilver and sent him to get Wanda and then Agatha intercepted him with a mind control spell.  

• Like 1

So, is this the beginning of a passing of the Captain Marvel torch via Rambeau?

Yeah, I’m curious where they go with Harkness.  After doing some reading, it appears she’s more of a protagonist in the MCU, but it doesn’t really feel like they’re going this way.  

Also wondering if they bring Vision back or do they deem him too powerful to keep in the game?  Storybook/Disney ending suggests he is brought back...

36 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That's not fan made.....and it says "calendar" because that's what it is:

An official 2022 Eternals calendar.

Gotcha. Not a poster like some were saying. The reason I said calendar. 

Still looks like a fan made photoshop shared by a few Twitter accounts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Still looks like a fan made photoshop shared by a few Twitter accounts. 

Agreed. 

I assume it's intentional. For some reason unknown to me. But my first reaction was that I have yet to see a single "Bernie mittens" picture that was close to that level of amateur. 

Ok here are my theories on the commercials 

Spoiler

The yo magic commercial was about the hex. The hex is taking her magic and she created the hex to save her, but really its killing her by draining her magic, just like Agatha did with her other witches at the trials. 

And to take it further. The commercials themselves are the hex trying to talk to Wanda the way Agatha just did. 

The toaster - bomb scene

The Watch - the wait in the room 

The Soap - the stone

The paper towel - the spill (either the creation of the hex, what I believe) or the upcoming Vision leaving the hex and her expanding it

the yo magic - the hex is draining you

the nexus - hey kid, the world doesn't revolve around you. I know you think it does but it doesn't  and not only is it killing you (yo magic) but you're destroying the nexus of reality / the fabric of society. 

My question is how strong is her son's magic and is he also a scarlet witch since his powers are so similar to his mother's? 

• Like 1

I'm skeptical about the Eternals movie and I actually do NOT (yet) like the casting choices. I'm a hardcore traditionalist when it comes to my comics being turned into films and I plan to see it and make my decisions about it then, but leading up to the release I feel like they are already straying from canon. 

If any of you want to see how amazing the imagery was in this comic when it first came out , check out the Google search link below. Great stuff by artist Jack Kirby.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jack+kirby+eternals&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwixwuy4oZLvAhWhFVkFHfUoB3QQ_AUoAXoECBYQAw&biw=1742&bih=1121

Edited by Chachie

I think Falcon and Winter Soldier will benefit from probably being a more straight forward presentation.  It's not trying to be cute and clever and they're just going to get right into it.  I think it's only 6 episodes.  The early sitcom episodes of WandaVision could probably have been condensed in terms of not padding out the season unnecessarily.   At 20 minutes a piece, you coulda had 2 sitcom episodes per show and made the early part of season move a little brisker.  A lot of folks enjoyed them, but I know it was a barrier for entry to a lot of folks too.  It was about a month into the show before anything happened.  And the longer they strung it out, the worse it got with the fan theories.  The sitcom stuff was creative, but ultimately didn't amount to much.  The season just didn't need to be 9 episodes.  There wasn't 9 episodes worth of plot. 

I loved Wandavision and Elizabeth Olsen changed a lot in this series in my eyes. I didn't like her acting in Age of Ultron and really didn't get the Scarlet Witch character they were bringing into the universe. I didn't get the 'love' between her and VIsion. I didn't get how she became an Avenger. I just thought there were either plot holes or just questions left unanswered. WandaVision did a good job of answering some of those questions and just giving her some personality and I think Olsen did a great job of acting through these episodes. 

I also loved the storyline. It branches into the movies nicely, but I don't think any of the movies are a prerequisite for watching it and that's a surprise because my wife didn't want to watch it because she didn't want to watch 22/23 movies to understand what's going on. And I'm glad that things (for the most part) are wrapped up in a bow in 9 episodes instead of saying "now in order to find out what happens, we'll see you next time at Dr. Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness". 

• Like 1

Interesting conclusion. Disappointing in some ways but overall very good finish to a great season. 

I got really excited about all the potential things this show was brining along but in reality it was just a very well made setup for their future plot threads. 

Captain Marvel 2 with Monica. We’ve got a Scarlett witch now learning her powers and dealing with her grief. I imagine she will be a fugitive again. What’s the deal with her kids? Is she going to find a way to bring them back?  Then we have white almost vision flying around in an existential crisis. 

they just left so many breadcrumbs and teases that ended up being nothing. Phase 4 is going to be a slow slow burn 

26 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I loved Wandavision and Elizabeth Olsen changed a lot in this series in my eyes. I didn't like her acting in Age of Ultron and really didn't get the Scarlet Witch character they were bringing into the universe. I didn't get the 'love' between her and VIsion. I didn't get how she became an Avenger. I just thought there were either plot holes or just questions left unanswered. WandaVision did a good job of answering some of those questions and just giving her some personality and I think Olsen did a great job of acting through these episodes. 

Definitely agree here. I don't read the comic books these characters are based off, so to me "Scarlett Witch" was just a nickname that nobody called her lol...how they explained it--and definitely how they showed it--was very cool and had me intrigued about a Marvel character I never cared about before.

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

they just left so many breadcrumbs and teases that ended up being nothing. Phase 4 is going to be a slow slow burn 

WTF happened to the beekeeper? lol

Edited by Califan007
Seriously, what happened to him?
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

WTF happened to the beekeeper? lol

Yeah, and who was the missing person that brought Woo and Monica to Westview in the first place?  Or was that just a Hayward setup to allow him to send Sword after Wanda?  

And also I didn't like that Darcy played a pretty big role in episodes 4-7 and then was reduced to a one-liner in the finale and she's gone.  lol  Maybe there's more to that but probably not.

But really this whole show was Wanda's story and they nailed that pretty well and set up cool stuff for the future.

• Like 2

I know I'm in the minority, but I thought WandaVision was at best mediocre. I hated the TV sitcom reality. So, Wanda couldn't deal with the grief of Vision death and creates her own Vision, her own kids and a fantasy TVland life. The best parts of the show was reality parts. Honestly, they never should've made this pointless series and should've just done a 2-3 hour Disney + movie instead. You could boil the entire series into 2-3 hour movie.

• Thanks 1

This postulation of Vision is so dope.  I love that they used the Ship of Theseus to resolve the conflict between him and the other Vision instead of a big dumb fight.  Between Age of Ultron and this crazy and brilliant series which is part mystery, part sitcom museum/parody, part horror story, part big action movie, part romance, he has gotten so many great lines.  I love when he gets all deep.  "A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts."  The only ones who couldn't get him right were the Russo brothers in Civil War/End Game.  He needs a special kind of writer like Whedon and whoever wrote this show.

I hated the original Silver Age version of Vision.  I love the MCU version.  Data meets Jesus meets Bertrand Russell.  Paul Bettany is such a good actor.

• Like 3

Well said, dude! The synth as existentialist poet. “What is grief, if not love persevering?”

Plus, the scene where Wanda wiped away the lone tear instantly brought to mind this Marvel classic:

image.jpeg

• Like 2