Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

 

@The Evil Genius  I could see it (losing the weight, Peter’s best friend), but it doesn’t really make sense to me as he already knows Spidey’s identity.

 

I actually think the Flash Thompson revamp angle is interesting - sort of the new age bully

 

Ned was the 3rd Hobgoblin in one of the comics. Different background, but it would make sense to give him a brainwashing storyline or something. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm cool with Moonknight. I get that the design to go for the lesser knowing characters for Disney+ TV world. I still think Disney/Marvel needs to go a stand-alone Magneto movie with both Sir Ian and Fassenbender. Something that maybe starts with an old and dying Magneto flashing back on his life from hunting Nazi's in the 50's and 60's through what he does when not overlapping with the X-Men stories in the 70's 80's 90's 00's 10's. whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

**** yeah.

 

 

So are they gonna do an Apocalypse  Now  type back story for Marc Specter? ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 10:33 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Ugh. All his costumes in the PS4 game are stupid af.

 

Booooooooo

 

This is blasphemy. 

 

17 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

**** yeah.

 

 

 

Oscar Isaac is way too talented an actor to keep doing these "franchise" type roles. He already tried it with X-Men Apocalypse and Star Wars and they simply didn't pan out for him. Sorry. 

 

He should be teaming up with great directors and continue making serious and/or thought-provoking dramas like Ex-Machina, Annihilation, or A Most Violent Year. 

 

It's frustrating so much of his prime career is going to be wasted doing this stuff. 

 

 

--------

PSA for anyone that cares:

 

The Binge Mode podcast is starting their next season with every movie in the MCU. They just dropped Iron Man today. I love this podcast and I've listened to them do every episode of Game of Thrones probably twice as well as the Harry Potter movies and others. They have a lot of fun with it but it's also very informative. Jason and Malory are both insanely smart and passionate about these projects and they deep dive into the analysis of each movie or show, discuss the themes and ideas of each, as well as explore the characters and use other mediums like books or comics to add more insight into the plot and characters. 

 

Anybody that is a fan of the MCU or comics in general will enjoy this. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvel's shameless Batman imitation is actually pretty cool and I think Isaac can crush the role.  There are fun and strange Egyptian pagan and mental illness flavors to his character that Batman doesn't have, and that open up story telling directions that could be fresh.  I'm excited about this.  I feel like Moon Knight was maybe B tier in the 90s but kind of fell into neglect and C tier since, and having a tv series with that level of talent playing the part could elevate him to an A tier character like what happened with the Guardians, who went from like C tier to A tier, or Tony Stark going from B tier to S tier.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 7:12 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

 

--------

PSA for anyone that cares:

 

The Binge Mode podcast is starting their next season with every movie in the MCU. They just dropped Iron Man today. I love this podcast and I've listened to them do every episode of Game of Thrones probably twice as well as the Harry Potter movies and others. They have a lot of fun with it but it's also very informative. Jason and Malory are both insanely smart and passionate about these projects and they deep dive into the analysis of each movie or show, discuss the themes and ideas of each, as well as explore the characters and use other mediums like books or comics to add more insight into the plot and characters. 

 

Anybody that is a fan of the MCU or comics in general will enjoy this. 

Almost done with the Ed Norton Hulk episode. I honestly never considered that part of MCU. I also didn’t know Hulk is basically on loan to Marvel, like Spider-Man. Binge Mode is a very good listen, even if Jason’s Obadiah Stane voice reminds me of Yoda.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 8:12 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

 

This is blasphemy. 

 

 

Oscar Isaac is way too talented an actor to keep doing these "franchise" type roles. He already tried it with X-Men Apocalypse and Star Wars and they simply didn't pan out for him. Sorry. 

 

He should be teaming up with great directors and continue making serious and/or thought-provoking dramas like Ex-Machina, Annihilation, or A Most Violent Year. 

 

It's frustrating so much of his prime career is going to be wasted doing this stuff.

--------

 

He got bills to pay too.  Gotta do movies people actually go to see from time to time.  It’s less franchises, in general, and more the specific movies themselves.  

 

Side note though, it's underrated the talent that the MCU has attracted over the years.

 

Quote

 

PSA for anyone that cares:

 

The Binge Mode podcast is starting their next season with every movie in the MCU. They just dropped Iron Man today. I love this podcast and I've listened to them do every episode of Game of Thrones probably twice as well as the Harry Potter movies and others. They have a lot of fun with it but it's also very informative. Jason and Malory are both insanely smart and passionate about these projects and they deep dive into the analysis of each movie or show, discuss the themes and ideas of each, as well as explore the characters and use other mediums like books or comics to add more insight into the plot and characters. 

 

Anybody that is a fan of the MCU or comics in general will enjoy this.

 

 

I just finished the Iron Man.  I saw Jason left The Ringer, but said he's still gonna finish the MCU on Binge Mode. 

 

But I'm a big Incredible Hulk guy.  I dont know why people seem to dislike it, I quite enjoy it.  At this point, it's fallen down my MCU rankings, but it's still middle of the pack for me.  I'm fine with Norton being in it.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Yohan said:

Almost done with the Ed Norton Hulk episode. I honestly never considered that part of MCU. I also didn’t know Hulk is basically on loan to Marvel, like Spider-Man. Binge Mode is a very good listen, even if Jason’s Obadiah Stane voice reminds me of Yoda.


“Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave!” 
 

Fortunately that’s a one movie impression. Wonder what else he will cook up 

19 minutes ago, justice98 said:

just finished the Iron Man.  I saw Jason left The Ringer, but said he's still gonna finish the MCU on Binge Mode. 


I didn’t know this. That’s awful 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

RE: Deadpool -

 

I bet this is how they begin their incorporation of the XMen into the MCU. Probably won’t happen outright here but this may be the gateway.

 

RE: Black Panther -

 

Wonder if they’ll have a CGI Panther for a portion of the movie and then have Shuri take the mantle.

 

Or just start with a ceremony... Shuri and... Ororo Munroe are there mourning... Shuri takes the mantle and when needed Ororo becomes Storm.
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

RE: Deadpool -

 

I bet this is how they begin their incorporation of the XMen into the MCU. Probably won’t happen outright here but this may be the gateway.

 

RE: Black Panther -

 

Wonder if they’ll have a CGI Panther for a portion of the movie and then have Shuri take the mantle.

 

Or just start with a ceremony... Shuri and... Ororo Munroe are there mourning... Shuri takes the mantle and when needed Ororo becomes Storm.
 

 

They already said they will not have a CGI BP.

 

I'd just start BP2 with a big funeral scene, honoring the first BP.  Then have someone take over as the new BP.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd go to war over a cgi Black Panther. Just acknowledge it, and move on. He deserves that, not some lame story rewrite.

Agreed. 
 

Was just curious if they were going to have him die in some honorable way saving Wakanda or something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agreed. 
 

Was just curious if they were going to have him die in some honorable way saving Wakanda or something.

 

Gotcha. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was dismissing you or your post :cheers:. I just know how producers are sometimes,  and I would be incredibly disappointed if Marvel did that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My overall point in regards to that post was that it’s two really good chances to begin to introduce the X-Men.

 

Similar to how I’d re-work the DC ****.

 

Deadpool - Old Man Rogers cameo as Deadpool investigates his powers. Learns that the super soldier serum was the beginning of the Weapon Plus program and that eventually leads them to find evidence of the original Weapon X - claw slashes in a lab facility that was found abandoned. End it there.

 

In BP2, Ororo Munroe shows up to help support Shuri and her family as they mourn the Panther. A threat happens and Storm emerges to help the new Panther fend off the attackers. 
 

Introduce some X-Men slowly and then have them emerge as one in the first X-Men title. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...