Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Baltimore Orioles Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

I expect to see Davis in Baltimore next year.

I really wonder how the market will develop for him. Especially with Cespedes on the board. How many teams are jumping in at 7 years and say, 22-23+ per?

Yankees have money tied into 1b

Boston has Shaw coming up and can probably re-sign Napoli on the cheap since he had a bad year. (but maybe, Ortiz is an old roider...)

LAA has money tied for 1b with Pujols

Mets have Duda

LAD have Gonzales 

I guess Boras can scream about how he's also a RFer to attract attention. And some totally random teams could jump up to make a splash... I dunno. 

I guess Boras can scream about how he's also a RFer to attract attention. And some totally random teams could jump up to make a splash... I dunno. 

That's what I am worried about. I imagine a team like the Yankees could put him in RF for a good amount of games at least for next year, with some at DH and first.  

Plus he can pitch! ;)

Seriously though..that RF in OPACY doesn't really have that much ground to it. That's why Nick was able to patrol it so well.

The Arrieta thing ****ing hurts.  Especially since it's come to light that we just couldn't let him be himself.  

Astros and the rest of the baseball world: feel free to thank the Orioles for softening up the Yankees for you with our weekend sweep.  I'm glad MLB expanded to a couple wild cards.  But man, 162 games over 6 months, and your season ends in 1 night. Ouch.

Ours ended in one night, it was just a week or so ago.

The Arrieta thing ****ing hurts. Especially since it's come to light that we just couldn't let him be himself.

Hopefully our club can develop a pitcher someday.

I'm happy for Jake. Just as I'm sure many in Dallas are happy for Davis.

Would have been nice to have him around this year, though. Ugh.

The qualifying offer price for this offseason, which is determined by averaging the top 125 annual salaries in MLB, will be set at $15.8 million, according to the Sports Business Journal.

A few months ago, I’d say it was a sure bet that Wieters would also be given a qualifying offer. But Wieters, who made $8.3 million in his final year of eligibility, was looking at the prospect of getting a lucrative multiyear deal in the neighborhood of Russell Martin’s five-year, $82-million deal with the Blue Jays last season.

That’s not so certain anymore. Wieters’ return from Tommy John surgery was slowed. He didn’t return to the Orioles lineup until June and he rarely played behind the plate on back-to-back days.

More at Link

The qualifying offer price for this offseason, which is determined by averaging the top 125 annual salaries in MLB, will be set at $15.8 million, according to the Sports Business Journal.

I don't think Wheets will get the offer like Martin or McCann got with his injury history and production.

He's a catcher that doesn't have the bat to play elsewhere. He doesn't deserve a deal over 3 years. He wants get paid like an elite catcher and that deal to be longer than he will realistically play catcher.

If he didn't have Boras as an agent, I could totally see him signing a 3-4 year deal with an option, maybe even a sexond based on PAs. That could be the 'big deal' he always wanted,with decent enough production.

speaking of Brooks...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13823535/brooks-robinson-auctioning-memorabilia-charity

BALTIMORE -- Brooks Robinson spent decades surrounded by the trophies and souvenirs he gathered during his Hall of Fame career with the Baltimore Orioles.

The shelves in his study are now bare, the result of Robinson's carefully considered decision to auction off more than 200 cherished items to raise money for charity.

Thanks for the heads up. I work for a living so almost everything is out of my reach but there is some amazing **** up for auction.

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1970-gold-glove-award-from-the-brooks-robinson-collection/a/7150-12562.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Three years ago today McLouth hit the foul pole. Still bitter.

He's the nationals problem now.

Love Cal, can't stand the Nats....but that would be an AWFUL hire for them. 

I could see him with a FO gig, but he has zero managerial experience.

Billy ripken would be a better hire. He has managerial experience.

This would be neat to own

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1970-world-series-mvp-trophy-from-the-brooks-robinson-collection/a/7150-12574.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

• 2 weeks later...

Archived