Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Baltimore Orioles Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

move him to SS where he can have more a positive impact than Hardy?

I like Hardy and all, but he just can't stay healthy.

Agree on Hardy, but you're paying him a bunch to do nothing. I guess that's better than trotting him out there every day and hope he does something.

Yep. Still obsessed with us despite not being in the same division, let alone league. Can't even have an offs ease around here.

I don't get it. Walker seems like a decent player, but if he plays 2B, what do you do with Schoop?

The article said he could play some first or corner outfield. But he's 30. We have enough of those.

Congrats on winning the World...oh you didn't make the playoffs?

I'm sorry Matt, I couldn't hear you over the sound of the youngest unanimous MVP in baseball history shining his trophy ;)

little brother syndrome rears it's ugly head once again.

Keep in mind I'm tweaking you guys for fun, I don't mind at all when you folks come over to talk in our thread.  I'm all for poking fun at each other.  I'm not one of the one's who gets mad about it.

Also, I've visited Baltimore many times.  There isn't much D.C. needs to envy about the place :)

Rumors of a trade for Neil Walker. Not sure about this one.

I really hope not. The guy is said to be not great defensively and only had a mediocre year offensively last year.

For those that think the O's are going to pay JJ Hardy $14 million to sit on the bench...forget about it. Can't afford it. I will just hope JJ bounces back next year though I expect very little power from him.

I really hope not. The guy is said to be not great defensively and only had a mediocre year offensively last year.

For those that think the O's are going to pay JJ Hardy $14 million to sit on the bench...forget about it. Can't afford it. I will just hope JJ bounces back next year though I expect very little power from him.

If he can be a slap hitter ala markakis, i can live with that. I don't need the 20 hr he used to provide. Just get on base.

I'm sorry Matt, I couldn't hear you over the sound of the youngest unanimous MVP in baseball history shining his trophy

Do not post comments that are fundamentally inflammatory, or of little substantive content, or of some broadly insulting nature that serve primarily to incite your fellow members. Trolls come in many forms and will be identified and censured at the discretion of the ES Staff. We are seeking a better level of conversation than just habitual drive-bys....

It's an insane amount for Price. The guy has been awful in the playoffs and paying him $30 million per year a few years from now won't look that good.

Think about it like this: They have $50 million per year tied up in Porcello and Price. Baseball needs a salary cap.  

It's an insane amount for Price. The guy has been awful in the playoffs and paying him $30 million per year a few years from now won't look that good.

Think about it like this: They have $50 million per year tied up in Porcello and Price. Baseball needs a salary cap.  

Good.  Hopefully it comes back to bite them in the ass.  

Baseball might need a salary cap (I disagree) but it'll never happen.  Baseball's players union is too strong.

Price hasn't had any significant arm issues yet.  I think something will happen over these next few years.  I'm not hoping for that but I won't be sad if it does.  **** off, Boston.  

Orioles close to trading to get Trumbo for Clevenger. Interesting.

Looks like a done deal. Welcome to Baltimore, RH non-ginger clone of Jay Gibbons.

3rd string catcher for a full-time DH that might hit 30 HRs and have an OBP at .300. It's good power and DH was a black hole last year so it's an upgrade.

Archived