Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Baltimore Orioles Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

You know what's crazy about the AL East?

Pretty sure it's mathematically possible for every team in the AL East to have a winning record.  

Yikes.

So what you are saying is that you aren't a math major. :D

It's mathematically possible for every team to not have a losing record. Tampa and the O's can't have winning records.

BTW, if the Yanks lose again to Boston, they are going to have to play the O's series somewhere. They could still not make the playoffs, which would be awesome, or they could lose homefield advantage for the wild card game.

So what you are saying is that you aren't a math major. :D

It's mathematically possible for every team to not have a losing record. Tampa and the O's can't have winning records.

BTW, if the Yanks lose again to Boston, they are going to have to play the O's series somewhere. They could still not make the playoffs, which would be awesome, or they could lose homefield advantage for the wild card game.

Nope...damn.. 

Wow, in the six seasons between 2010 and 2015 every team in the AL East has won the division at least once.

Doyler-- your statement is correct if you change "winning" to ".500"

Right. I should have said .500 or better. 

No dumpster fire teams like Oakland, Cincy, Milwaukee, Philly, Colorado, Atlanta in the ALE. 

I do too, because **** the Yankees. ;)

Too bad we don't play in a division with a weak overall leader and then three teams below us that are hot garbage. Prob would have snagged a wildcard.

True, that would be nice. Then again, it validates what we did over the past 3 years (90+ wins/playoffs twice and a "down year" with 86 wins). I am already nostalgic for the Buck Era...it feels like this is the end of that mini-run with Buck. I just don't see how this team challenges in the short-term. 

True, that would be nice. Then again, it validates what we did over the past 3 years (90+ wins/playoffs twice and a "down year" with 86 wins). I am already nostalgic for the Buck Era...it feels like this is the end of that mini-run with Buck. I just don't see how this team challenges in the short-term. 

This is where lack of drafting and development success bites this team in the ass.  It's what separates a team like us from a franchise like STL who just constantly produces productive, winning talent.  

I know it's dumb, but I would love to win the final 3 and get to .500. 

That would seriously jack up the WC picture too. You could feasibly have a 3-way tie for the 2 wild card spots.  Although I think that possibility disappears if the Angels can't beat the Rangers tonight (they're down 4-2 in the 7th).

Pretty ****ing cool - Manny with two dingers and two stolen bases last night to join the 20 - 20 club.

Brady Anderson did it in 1992, 1996 and 1999. Paul Blair in 1969, Don Baylor in 1975 and Reggie Jackson in 1976. By the way when you get mentioned in the same group as Reggie Jackson, things are going in the right direction.

Archived