Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Baltimore Orioles Thread - Hot Stove Edition

MattFancy

Great sweep over the blowhard Nats. I've never seen a more gutless bunch of chokers than the Nats over the past couple seasons (and I'm a diehard Caps and Skins fan!). Absolutely no spine on that team, from top to bottom. The Post this morning talked about how the "Nats playoff hopes continue to fade." They're 7.5 out with 9 days left in the season. I'd say they're out of hope :lol:

Meanwhile the Orioles continue to tough it out, hustle, fight through injuries, and generally play like it's their last game ever. Great way to end the season.

Any time they had to win a game or series they rolled over and got beat. Had to win on West coast. Had to beat cards, Mets, os, collapsed . I bailed out and will return in April.

In the meantime I look forward to visiting Camden Sunday for my Steve Pearce bobble head. It's going to be awesome.

Now maybe Buck will relent and play the young guys like Alvarez and Walker. The only problem I ever have with Buck is when he is loyal to a fault to some of these guys. Alvarez should have played all weekend and needs to play against righties and lefties. Walker needs to see the field for a few games. What's the point of having them up here if they just sit the bench.

*coughflahertycough*

It is bizarre. Reimold is on the list as well.

I wish a reporter would ask him a tough question about his reasoning.

For Parra's sake, I hope he has been hurt cause he is being treated like a 4th outfielder/platoon player.

It is bizarre. Reimold is on the list as well.

I wish a reporter would ask him a tough question about his reasoning.

For Parra's sake, I hope he has been hurt cause he is being treated like a 4th outfielder/platoon player.

didn't something happen in one of the Games v. the nats with Parra? i had a recollections of hims messing up his back or shoulder during an at-bat. Reimold has all the promise in the world, but prior to this year, just couldn't stay healthy. Decent at the plate, but blah d.

Flaherty can play D but has zero plate presence. If only they could blend the two together.

didn't something happen in one of the Games v. the nats with Parra? i had a recollections of hims messing up his back or shoulder during an at-bat. Reimold has all the promise in the world, but prior to this year, just couldn't stay healthy. Decent at the plate, but blah d.

Flaherty can play D but has zero plate presence. If only they could blend the two together.

He hurt his wrist in a game. Hasn't been right ever since.

Holy crap, I just realized we got swept and didn't score a single run in the past series vs. Red Sox.  That sucks.  Probably doesn't happen often when a team doesn't score a run all series.

As much attention as is paid to the deficiences in pitching, we need to upgrade the lineup.

Holy crap, I just realized we got swept and didn't score a single run in the past series vs. Red Sox.  That sucks.  Probably doesn't happen often when a team doesn't score a run all series.

As much attention as is paid to the deficiences in pitching, we need to upgrade the lineup.

They really need to make OBP more of a priority vs living and dying by the home run. They need a true lead off hitter.

During my lunch break, I was listening to 105.7 (baltimore sports talk). They had an interview with Buck. Talking about what worked...what didn't. In the early afternoon, the hosts are some guy, and Vinny...yes. That Vinny. He would ask Buck a question, and preface it by saying something about Gibbs. No. Keep that mess away from my O's. I don't want ANY insight from Vinny rubbing off on buck or anyone associated with the orioles. I feel dirty.

Archived