Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Wade Phillips to interview for Redskins DC job (MET)

redskins4ever28

Here's a fundamental question: Why the 3-4? Why are we married to this defense and do we actually have any talent on this defense that needs to be in a 3-4 to thrive?

We are currently running the 3-4 because Shanahan had a wild hair up his ass about it 5 years ago. We still don't seem to have the right personnel for it. And we suck at defense.

So, why not case a wide net?

IF Wade is the DC, let him groom the next up and coming DF coach on our team to become our next DC.  Personally, I'd like to see us get an interview with Jim Tomsula, current DL coach of the 9ers but that's just me.

Here's a fundamental question: Why the 3-4? Why are we married to this defense and do we actually have any talent on this defense that needs to be in a 3-4 to thrive?

We are currently running the 3-4 because Shanahan had a wild hair up his ass about it 5 years ago. We still don't seem to have the right personnel for it. And we suck at defense.

I am sure it's up in the air.  Our defense will be drastically different next year.  We have a number of high cap, old guys on defense.  I expect a total rebuild.

I will say this, IF Wade is not the chosen DC of the Redskins, they will hire a DC that has a very if not great track record whether it be an assistant coach on DF or someone out of the blue that hasn't coached a defense in awhile.  That's my 2 cents for the evening, gentleman and ladies!

IF Wade is the DC, let him groom the next up and coming DF coach on our team to become our next DC.  Personally, I'd like to see us get an interview with Jim Tomsula, current DL coach of the 9ers but that's just me.

Why the **** do Redskins fans always do this? Seriously.

Shanahan was here for five minutes and we were talking about how he was going to "groom" Kyle to be the head coach when he hung it up - which by the way is going to be never. Shanahan is going to be 80 and will be trying to get an interview with the London Nancyboys or whatever.

We spent 90 percent of Gibbs' time here talking about what we were going to be like when Gibbs retired and Williams took over after his "grooming."

We are the least stable franchise in the leaugu not run by a member of the Davis family, and yet we are obsessed with orderly transitions of power. Which never ever happen.

Rumours on Twitter they requested permission to speak with KC Gary Gibbs was knocked back, hopefully doing their due diligence. I'd expect it to hot up next week with some more teams biting the bullet after the playoffs this week.

I was surprised they didn't let us interview him.  He's KCs LB coach.  It would have been a promotion for him.  Go figure.

I know this might emasculate Jay's manhood and title but man i'd love if we paid Todd Bowles to leave AZ and come hear to be the DC.  Of course it can't be a lateral move so we'd have to make him a DC/Asst HC like we had with many staff under Gibbs (asst HCs that is).

If Scot likes Bowles as many do as his guy, that would place Bowles here for multiple years hopefully.  He is a great DC and would be for us to bring back that side of the ball, then take over as HC.

Oh and bring back Grimm into coaching and help him shore up our OL.

Scot supplies the parts and Grimm and Bowles bring those groups back to upper echelons in the league.

A fan can dream, right?

I know this might emasculate Jay's manhood and title but man i'd love if we paid Todd Bowles to leave AZ and come hear to be the DC.  Of course it can't be a lateral move so we'd have to make him a DC/Asst HC like we had with many staff under Gibbs (asst HCs that is).

You can't just give someone a fake promotion to get him out of his contract. As far as the NFL is concerned, the only promotions that allow coaches out of their contract is assistant coach to head coach. Apart from that, the coach would need to either not be under contract anymore or given permission to leave by his team.

According to some of the beat reporters we're not married to the 3-4.

Hearing Gruden chooses his coaches, I think a former Tusker is more likely than a logical hire. The last thing a green horn guy wants on his staff, is someone more qualified to be a head coach than he is, me thinks. Think one of the Kurts - Gouveia or Schotty.

I would like to have Wade, but am not feeling it.  

Why the 3-4? The 3-4 creates confusion. The QB never knows where the pressure will come from. The QB may see multiple fronts. The OL constantly has to adjust. Nothing wrong with the 3-4. Haslett, for some reason wasn't aggressive. Yes, he blitzed. But he didnt bring the heat all the time, which is what the 3-4 is all about.

Wade brings heat at all times. He's not worried about the DL being massive. He wants that DL to penetrate the backfield. Ratliff was barely 300lbs. but he got into the backfield. 1 gap DL, up the field. Not taking on blocks. Haz ran the same but wasn't aggressive. The defense we saw in Dallas, should be played like that every week. Aggressive!!!!

This is surprisingly very hush,hush so far. I can't imagine us turning down a qualified and respected DC like Wade.

You do realize that we are talking about Bruce Allen here right??? You know Mr. Bruce Allen that goes and hires his buddies instead of the most qualified person...I know Bruce said that he will let Gruden make the choice but something reeks about that also. If I was you.. I would be down on my hands and knees praying that its not a Tampa Bay left over...Morris is not out of the picture yet and that should scare the hell out of anyone. Who you want Wade or another Bruce Buddy?? Please let scot talk these clowns out of making a huge mistake hiring a flunky for the defensive coordinator job.

Why the 3-4? The 3-4 creates confusion. The QB never knows where the pressure will come from. The QB may see multiple fronts. The OL constantly has to adjust. Nothing wrong with the 3-4. Haslett, for some reason wasn't aggressive. Yes, he blitzed. But he didnt bring the heat all the time, which is what the 3-4 is all about.

Wade brings heat at all times. He's not worried about the DL being massive. He wants that DL to penetrate the backfield. Ratliff was barely 300lbs. but he got into the backfield. 1 gap DL, up the field. Not taking on blocks. Haz ran the same but wasn't aggressive. The defense we saw in Dallas, should be played like that every week. Aggressive!!!!

Haslett didn't bring the heat all the time because the secondary was porous.  You miss, you're done.  Like a couple years ago against the Bengals.  They're in Wildcat, he goes with a cover zero blitz, deep pass and TD

Archived