Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

VERSATILITY folks

Learn it, live it, love it...that is the word of the day here. Versa-mutha****in-tility. We have options vs the run-heavy teams in our division, & bodies to rotate & stay fresh vs Philly. Still have some spots to fill on the back end, but i feel like we need to go hard (as hard as SM will do) at Gilchrist & wrap him up for FS. Then hopefully we can get Culliver or Cox done (preferably Cox if pressed to chose). Then if we can get Parker done...great, if not...there are options at SS (Tartt anyone?).

So in love right now :: swoon ::

Stop with this stuff. Every time it's the same thing. We cry about not having depth then the Redskins get depth and immediately it's time to trade/cut someone.

Starters are Baker/Knighton/Paea in probably those positions.

When we go to a pass rush 2-4, a rotation of Paea/Hatcher/Baker/RJF at the two line spots

with Hatcher officially a backup don't you think it's possible they try to renegotiate?

umm ... do I recall GMSM saying it's all about the big boys? ... looks like he takes charge and moves out!  I'm liking that all by it's self.

can you add "I'm Butt-Wheat" to your avatar?  Cause I hear it in my head everytime I see that picture.  <insert Eddie's signature laughter sound track here>

So, can the people in here who know more than me (which is to say, almost everybody) fill me in on what kind of player we just got? Like, will he be NT or DE in a 3-4? Will he strictly be a DT in the 4 man line? He stop the run? Rush the passer?

I've been advocating the trenches for years. I can't tell you how happy I am that they're actually shoring up the defensive front.

I'm not sure why people think Hatch won't start. By my estimation the DL would be Hatch - Knighton - Paea. Baker and Jean Francois off the bench. That's such a ridiculous upgrade I can't even begin to tout it enough.

I've been advocating the trenches for years. I can't tell you how happy I am that they're actually shoring up the defensive front.

I'm not sure why people think Hatch won't start. By my estimation the DL would be Hatch - Knighton - Paea. Baker and Jean Francois off the bench. That's such a ridiculous upgrade I can't even begin to tout it enough.

Baker is younger and the Skins have always wanted him in the game as much it seems and would RJF have been so quick to sign if he was just going to be on the bench?

So, can the people in here who know more than me (which is to say, almost everybody) fill me in on what kind of player we just got? Like, will he be NT or DE in a 3-4? Will he strictly be a DT in the 4 man line? He stop the run? Rush the passer?

He'll play the nose, great run stopper. 

If anyone can find footage of the AFC Championship game in 2014 it's worth a watch. All I remember is that Pot Roast absolutely killed it in that game. One of the most impressive individual performances I've ever seen from a NT. 

Three DL signings, I wonder if the Skins will try to renegotiate Hatcher or maybe June 1 him.  I know modern NFL you want guys to rotate, but you don't really want to be paying five guys like starters

We're not really paying starter money to anyone but Hatcher.....the other guys are getting between backup and starter money....I would keep Hatcher for at least one more year.

I just realized we've finally upgraded on Kedric Golston.

f1jt6b.jpg.gif

if Frank Kearse plays like he did last year Golston is almost guaranteed gone, even if we keep seven we've got some young big bodies, Robert Thomas, LaKendrick Ross

I don't like Britt either but you can't teach height and yes that's his thing well and his age right now

Britt (26) 6'4

Bowe (30) 6'2

Shorts (27) 6'0

S. Johnson (28) 6'2

Britt because of his height could be useful imo as a WR3 with Roberts on our team. Desean. Pierre and Andre are only 6'0 and 5'10 and 5'11 and this team needs some height at the position. Also he wouldn't cost too much, pay him like 3-4 million to play next year, adds depth and another wrinkle to the offense.

Bowe would fit the same build but is simply shorter and I'm looking for height. Britts age puts him over the top to me over Bowe but if we got him instead that would be cool. I like Shorts too but with this offense he doesn't add that wrinkle I'm thinking the offense needs. Put a tall WR up against a short CB and you have an advantage happens to us all the time, that's why I want him over the others. What's the diva thing, did he do something last year I missed?

At this point, bringing in Britt won't help this team that much.  Not to mention, he has not had one year above 1000 yards receiving and his best year was in 2010.  

I don't think he's that much of an upgrade when compared to Roberts (last years stats).  

Britt = 84 targets, 48 receptions, 748 yards, 3 TDs

Roberts = 72 targets, 36 receptions, 455 yards, 2 TDs

Thing about their stats is Britt was WR2 in St. Louis while Roberts was WR3/Slot here.  We wouldn't bring him in to play slot and I don't think they are going to trade or cut Garcon this season, so bringing him on wouldn't really do anything for us.  

I know, cheap, the right price, etc.  Thing about Britt though, while tall, he isn't a star, not even a true #1 WR, imo.  And I'm not sold on Roberts at all either.  But I doubt they would bring him in to play slot or just goal line downs.

LT, WR, TE, RB, QB, C, LB, K, P, even before these moves I thought DL was adequate and I'm tempted to add CB to the list.

I'm talking about areas where the players we have are good enough, at least adequate for the time being.

DL was the weakest area of the team the last several years. And honestly by a wide margin. SM saw that immediately and addressed.

I agree. I think we're looking at heavy amounts of rotation to keep guys fresh. Starting might not equate to more playing time. It'll be situational.

I would take Amari Cooper now. I'm with DG, dudes a beast.

If I had to stay at #5, I think I would take Brandon Scherff...but probably 5 sports too high for him.....I really don't want to draft a receiver in the 1st round

with Rahim Moore signing, the Safety signings should start happening soon.....Moore signed for less then I thought.

Gotta be Parker or Gilchrist...plus maybe someone like Taylor Mays or Jeron Johnson at a low cost.

I agree. I think we're looking at heavy amounts of rotation to keep guys fresh. Starting might not equate to more playing time. It'll be situational.

yup. Starters don't mean much. You'll see plenty of all of the DL.

Archived