Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Except that Murray played on a team with (A) a great OL, ( B) good to great QB, © stellar WR. Dallas is probably the easiest place in the world to look good at RB. And Murray accumulated his usage in one year and most RB's have a down year after that kind of abuse. Moreover, in the modern NFL you just don't shell out that kind of money for any RB no matter how good.

The McCoy for Alonso trade was a steal but the Murray and Bradford moves were dumb. Overall they're moving backwards.

And I'm confident that teams would've been lined up around the block had McCoy been a free agent, he wouldn't have made it out of the first couple days.  Murray on the other hand was standing out there with his hand out and no serious takers and finally wound up having to chase Philly. 

Man, Eagles are full on silly this offseason.

Signing Murray to a bigger deal than McCoy...and now Mathis is apparently on the trading block?

I think putting Mathis up there is a big mistake.  He's a huge part of that OL, and the Philly OL is likely the only thing standing between defenders and those sweet, juicy, ACLs.

In other news, I wouldn't mind Mathis for the right price.  Which would be cheap, but he probably has one more good year at least.

And they're still going to sign Matthews! 

HTTR!

Maybe, but are you really gaining that much in signing Murray for 8 million a season and losing McCoy?  McCoy knows your system, was successful in it, and I believe was well liked and respected by team mates.  More, 8 m a year isn't exactly going cheap at running back which makes the cut again look personal versus professional.

Maybe, but are you really gaining that much in signing Murray for 8 million a season and losing McCoy?  McCoy knows your system, was successful in it, and I believe was well liked and respected by team mates.  More, 8 m a year isn't exactly going cheap at running back which makes the cut again look personal versus professional.

Murray is also a year older than McCoy

So dreaming here watching Catcus Jack fight Ron Simmons but here's who I would like to see picked up, 3-4 million bucks a year per guy no more

1. Pierre Thomas. - 3 Million cap hit last season should be less this year, now that Forsett is gone I would make him a priority. Bad he's a 30 year old RB. Good? Last season he was 17th in the league last year in RB targets but he was 7th in the league in receptions and 10th in yards on only 45 catches. Averaged 8.4 yards a catch. Would work with Helu gone and cheap

2. Kenny Britt - We need a tall WR. Kenny Britt is 6'4. Last year he was on a 1.4 million dollar deal. Don't expect much as in terms of WR1 but this offense needs a tall WR and he's the best one out there which aint saying much but he did have 748 receiving yards last year.

3. Justin Blalock - We need line help but not much left out there. If not him want some more help on the line.

What the ****?

lol Grego stop trying to snipe me bro. Sorry you're mad about being consistently wrong on everything, but you don't have to nitpick every post I make to feel better about yourself. 

Alonso had an elite rookie year and was easily a top three defensive rookie that year. He won rookie of the month in September. I confused when he got hurt, and I'm deeply sorry to have done that, as it was clearly a HUGE mistake from your perspective.

But despite that egregious mistake, my overall point still stands, so lol u

lol Grego stop trying to snipe me bro. Sorry you're mad about being consistently wrong on everything, but you don't have to nitpick every post I make to feel better about yourself.

Dude, not trying to be a jerk, I don't recall our conversations.

Anyway, keep making **** up and posting it.

Awesome stuff.

Kenny Britt is awful...maybe i'm missing something, but i would take Shorts/Bowe/even Stevie Johnson before i would go after Britt.

Seems like he hangs his hat on being tall, & big, & quasi-athletic & then hopes that by sheer force of will, that he is a good WR.

Routes suck, blocking sucks, drops too many balls, & carries a diva mentality.

Stay far away from Britt please.

I don't like Britt either but you can't teach height and yes that's his thing well and his age right now

Britt (26) 6'4

Bowe (30) 6'2

Shorts (27) 6'0

S. Johnson (28) 6'2

Britt because of his height could be useful imo as a WR3 with Roberts on our team. Desean. Pierre and Andre are only 6'0 and 5'10 and 5'11 and this team needs some height at the position. Also he wouldn't cost too much, pay him like 3-4 million to play next year, adds depth and another wrinkle to the offense.

Bowe would fit the same build but is simply shorter and I'm looking for height. Britts age puts him over the top to me over Bowe but if we got him instead that would be cool. I like Shorts too but with this offense he doesn't add that wrinkle I'm thinking the offense needs. Put a tall WR up against a short CB and you have an advantage happens to us all the time, that's why I want him over the others. What's the diva thing, did he do something last year I missed?

Archived