Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

If I had to stay at #5, I think I would take Brandon Scherff...but probably 5 sports too high for him.....I really don't want to draft a receiver in the 1st round

with Rahim Moore signing, the Safety signings should start happening soon.....Moore signed for less then I thought.

Gotta be Parker or Gilchrist...plus maybe someone like Taylor Mays or Jeron Johnson at a low cost.

The way I look at it now is will DJaX and Garcon still be a part of this team when we're good again? Will we have a shot at a receiver like Cooper again? Cooper, Gregory or Ray for me.

Interesting Knighton signed that contract.   As others have said, it has all upside for us for THIS year at least.

You now go get Culliver, Cox and Gilchrist and I'll call it now...we're taking 10 offensive linemen in the draft.

I agree. I think we're looking at heavy amounts of rotation to keep guys fresh. Starting might not equate to more playing time. It'll be situational.

I have to confess, I've always wondered if the Big Uglies don't burn more calories running on and off the field, between plays, than they burn, during the play.

:)

Culliver is an intriguing guy and here's one guys thoughts....

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/8/8000395/49ers-free-agents-2015-chris-culliver-predictions

Today, we're going to look at another cornerback: Chris Culliver. He's had an interesting career as a 49er thus far, but it's been largely limited due to injuries. Culliver is a hard player to gauge due to said injuries, but when he's on the field he's generally successful. He's fairly consistent, though when he starts to get beat, I've noticed he has trouble recovering.

But this past season, I thought Culliver was pretty solid. Like Fooch, I think Culliver had an overall better season than Cox did, though Cox is the guy we hear about when it comes to talk of a potential pay raise. That's because Cox made some bigger and better plays later in the season, while Culliver was solid throughout.

Long time; no post from, LOL. Love me some Culliver. I've tweeted Keim and Tandler and have heard nothing back so...... JLC is not one I would count on for accuracy. I hope JLC is right. Hope to get confirmation from one of the two locals. RWJ. :)

I like the Knighton signing, but why one year. This team isn't going to win a SB next year. So we just let him walk after this year?

My concern as well. I think at minimum we should have inked Roast to a 2 year deal. My thinking is Scot will draft a BIG NT somewhere in the upcoming draft.

My concern as well. I think at minimum we should have inked Roast to a 2 year deal. My thinking is Scot will draft a BIG NT somewhere in the upcoming draft.

Well we need a offensive line and secondary before worrying about dline now. We need to find a way to trade back and get more picks.

If the Skins can get Gilchrist and Culliver after what they've done so far, it'll be a very successful FA period 

That would be sweet.  I mean, drop the mike sweet.  Retire that mike sweet.

Still don't think Gilchrist gets away from NYJ, but we'll see.  Cameron and Gore are two examples of "you never know".

How often did the DL cost us games like the DBs did?

Teams run all over us, and QB's stand back in the pocket like they're wearing a red jersey during training camp. Pressure from the DL makes the secondary look better, good run stopping on defense gets them into 3rd and long to use our pass rushers and get the defense off the field. It all starts up front.

Archived