Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Not a long term solution but definitely better than what we had over the past few years...

How do you figure. Mays has done nothing in his career and Parker 94 tackles last year and that's about it in his career.

Neither of those guys have shown anything that proves there better than the guys we have right now.

Lol Mays is a bum and I don't know about Parker.

We need both a SS and a FS. We'll be lucky to find one of those in the draft.

We don't need to fix everything right now. It's a process, it's going to take time. Where we've always got ourselves in trouble is trying to fix everything in one off-season.

How do you figure. Mays has done nothing in his career and Parker 94 tackles last year and that's about it in his career.

Neither of those guys have shown anything that proves there better than the guys we have right now.

Think mays would be a great LB/SS hybrid and Parker is just coming into his own

How is it we tried to fix everything last year?

Signed a 32-year old defensive end, two wide receivers to massive contracts, Lauvao to a large deal, Tracy Porter and an aging Ryan Clark. All those moves were win now moves and we didn't have a good roster. What Scot is doing is preparing this team to be good for a long time, not just an out of the blue 10-6 record. It takes time dude, hang in there.

Signed a 32-year old defensive end, two wide receivers to massive contracts, Lauvao to a large deal, Tracy Porter and an aging Ryan Clark. All those moves were win now moves and we didn't have a good roster. What Scot is doing is preparing this team to be good for a long time, not just an out of the blue 10-6 record. It takes time dude, hang in there.

Agreed. Lack of Patience consumes Skins fans because there hasn't been any in years. It's time to trust a football person to make the football moves 

I still like the Hatcher move, DJax hurt a rival and I think Roberts is nowhere near as bad as he looked last year. Lauvao and Porter moves were terrible, Clark move was pure desperation.

That's about a C- offseason. So far, I like what I'm seeing out of 2015.

Hatcher and Jackson were good pickups.

The others are probably why Bruce isn't the GM anymore.We over paid and the scouting on those players were horrible.

Agreed. Lack of Patience consumes Skins fans because there hasn't been any in years. It's time to trust a football person to make the football moves

Lol really

Patience

Do you guys know what that is, because I believe 20 + years of losing football is patient enough if you ask me when it comes to Skins fans.

yep...we have to be patient..no way this team is competitive this year....hell..we don't even have QB set yet.

The others are probably why Bruce isn't the GM anymore.We over paid and the scouting on those players were horrible.

Lol really

Patience

Do you guys know what that is, because I believe 20 + years of losing football is patient enough if you ask me when it comes to Skins fans.

Throwing money at the problem isn't going to make it better.

Patience

I hear you.  Just forget about the past for now and treat the Redskins like they're an expansion team that entered the league in 2013.  We have a promising GM who hopefully will become our Ozzie Newsome.  

Most of us have been Skins fans for 20+ years, some have been Skins fans long enough to remember the last insanely long drought the team went through. 

So, if you're expecting us to side with you because you've been a fan of a garbage team for a long time, you're whining to the wrong group.  We're all still here. We've all been through this.

I agree. I'd like to see the safety position fixed, but I also remember everyone last year crying about not signing Jairus Byrd.........

.....that's 6 years and $54 million ($26 mil guaranteed) that we don't have to pay to a guy on IR.

I'm not suggesting things always "work out" but sometimes we do benefit from not signing guys too.

Why is it this team will not fix the safety position. I mean we've been playing with bums back since losing Taylor.

I'm tired of how bad this secondary has been.

It's March. Games start in September.

I think it's also worth saying over and over that with all the issues on this roster this is not a one year fix. We are going to go into the season still with needs in some areas and hoping young players develop.

Lol really

Patience

I've been a fan since 1993. I have patience when it comes to getting it right. This is a new GM with a completely different vision for how to bring success to a football team. I'm willing to watch him work.  

Why is it this team will not fix the safety position. I mean we've been playing with bums back since losing Taylor.

I'm tired of how bad this secondary has been.

I feel your sentiment with the terrible safety play, but I feel like the skins have at least tried at the position. We routinely draft 1 or 2 safeties a year and we nearly always sign at least one free agent safety. We've just had poor luck, bad coaching, and poor scouting.

I feel like it's one of the few positions that have been emphasized.

Archived