Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Man .....Antre Rolle, Taylor Mays  and Louis Delmas need to be signed as are safeties.i liked Meriweather...He's pretty good in the box!!!!

The 6'3 Taylor Mays gives me chills...Maybe its the " name Taylor"

shuturmouth.gif

No backfield can cover all day. You need a strong front line to pressure the QB. Getting push up the middle shortens coverage time AND helps the outside rush. D-line was our biggest need before we let Cofield and Bowen go. When Hatcher wasn't playing even mediocre QBs were sitting back and picking us apart. McCloughan gets it.

Long time; no post from, LOL. Love me some Culliver. I've tweeted Keim and Tandler and have heard nothing back so...... JLC is not one I would count on for accuracy. I hope JLC is right. Hope to get confirmation from one of the two locals. RWJ. :)

Adding to this tweet from earlier. No confirmation from Keim or Tandler so. JLC, to me is WRONG and no visit of Culliver, IMO.

Back to Culliver news from JLC. I don't believe it until stated by locals! To me NO visit!

Yeah... the Redskins twitter account tweeted he was here bro lol

Adding to this tweet from earlier. No confirmation from Keim or Tandler so. JLC, to me is WRONG and no visit of Culliver, IMO.

Enjoy... they assume not to retweet the team page cause it's a safe assumption that we all follow it

Report: CB Chris Culliver (4 INTs in 2014) to visit with #Redskins. MORE | http://redsk.in/1Gxnwb7 

A two year 'prove it' deal is pointless - If he plays well enough in year one then he'd hold out for more in year 2. If he sucks in year one then the team would eat some sort of cap hit for cutting him.

1 yr is safest deal for the team and logical for the player.

I concur. Happy with the signing, not concerned with a one year contract. If he's that awesome will deal with it next year, If not seeya.

Man .....Antre Rolle, Taylor Mays  and Louis Delmas need to be signed as are safeties.i liked Meriweather...He's pretty good in the box!!!!

Meh..Mays fits the "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" mold.  He's big with good straight-line speed but he can't cover.  He takes worse angles then Landry.  

One year for Shelton to break in.....or?

Put him in the rotation, for me.  But having this group will ensure he doesn't hit the wall and he's plenty fresh.

Like KD said, all of your guys are going to play, the deeper you are the better off you are.

Shelton can play 3 downs and DE as well. Imagine a rotation with 4 on the line. Paea, Knighton, Shelton and Hatcher for short yardage situations ie 3rd and 2 with Kerrigan and Murphy containing.

Although i now think GMSM will now trade down. Oline?

Base 34:

Paea-Knighton-Hatcher+rotation of Baker/RJF/Kearse to keep Paea and Hatcher fresh for:

4 man DL sub-packages/ nickel w/ Paea+Hatcher in the middle.

Attaboy Scotty.

Would like to see a FS.

Can't wait for the draft.

Paea-Knighton-Hatcher rotating Baker-Shelton-RJF or Williams-Baker-RJF. Kearse can run down the field when the ball is kicked.

I would keep loading up on defensive talent if I was in charge..get another CB and safety in FA ,Then get the best available defensive players in round 1 and 2...The offense is not that far off from being dominate if the Qb's can play better..

The offense is not that far off from being dominate if the Qb's can play better..

Uh, you and I appear to have very different opinions of our OL.

Nothing has changed.  If the best player on the board is a Dlineman, you pick them

Agreed. Even if BPA is a NT.

Im at the point where I don't think I really want to see that many FA signings. Yes, of course we need a few to fill some holes but with finally having a GM worth a damn I'm pretty much praying someone will offer us a kings ransom to jump up to #5 and take Mariotta from our spot. Even if it is the Eagles that come calling... Make their price a little higher but we need to be mostly about the draft now and a ton of extra first/second round picks would be a huge shot in the arm. If that doesnt happen at least we always seem to draft well in the top 5 no matter who has been in charge. This organization has been such a mess top to bottom for so long that I feel the only FA interested in coming here are players that need to sign short prove it deals or players that care more about the paycheck than the game of football. Some/most of us have been saying we need to use the draft more than FA for the last few years and now I feel we actually have to use the draft more than ever now.

Unbelievable that we landed McCloughan when we did because building through the draft is pretty much all we have left at this point and he is one of the best talent evaluators in the business with the extra bonus of him knowing the importance of both lines and addressing them. I just really hope Scot is allowed to do his job and isn't vetoed by the Allen/Snyder combo. I have no reason to believe those two would interfer... But damn it i really hope they don't and let Scot McCloughan build our team for the next few years for better or for worse. I don't really see Gruden and crew being here past next year unless we have some miraculous 11-12 win season with an NFC East crown so I really don't think Gruden and his crew should have much of a say over the players we draft/sign this year either.

I like the Knighton signing, but why one year. This team isn't going to win a SB next year. So we just let him walk after this year?

My guess would be one year was more Knightons decision that ours.

Reportedly he turned down an offer from the raiders because it was too low. His other coach didn't want to pay him the 8 mil he wanted either up in Chicago. In his mind, he's worth the big money.

However, many of the NT needy teams have now got their guys, and he looks bad going back to the Bears or Oakland and taking the lower deal he bad mouthed (if they even are still offering, which good chance they wouldn't be). So for a player like him, if he's going to take HALF of what he wants to make and feels he should make, he probably demanded it be only a one year deal. A chance for him to "prove it" and hopefully get a bigger payday from someone next year.

On our end, we're getting a very good NT for very cheap this year. We get to see him first hand to make a better decision on him next year. And at worst, he fills the void while we look for our future NT in this draft, next, or in FA next year.

I'd much rather 1 year at 4 mil as opposed to 3 years at 7 each, which is probably the lowest he'd go and sign a long term deal at this point.

Guys are missing the point/s.

SM is filling holes based on finding value FA's on cap friendly deals that set us up to be extremely malleable in the draft. Make a few more select signings & we can essentially do whatever we think necessary in the draft & not need to panic or allow ourselves to feel pressured to do anything.

We want Shelton? Makes sense. LW is there? Why not? Someone blows our doors off with a trade back? Sure? Whatever they set their board to will be open & on the table.

Now...with regards to no OL in FA? The value just wasn't there in comparison to where else we could spend the money. Clearly SM doesn't look to buy 2 Bentley's, or even 3 Lexus LFA's...he wants to get 5 or 6 Lancer Evo's that love to be driven, have room to be tinkered & maximized to a much more valuable status & build a fleet of race-cars at a fraction of the cost.

We will draft 1 or 2 for sure, & maybe bring in some UDFA's along the OL, but we will be ready next year if anyone is available, & then...there's another draft.

This is a weak year to need S or OL help guys....accept it, embrace what we are getting, move along.

My guess would be one year was more Knightons decision that ours.

Reportedly he turned down an offer from the raiders because it was too low. His other coach didn't want to pay him the 8 mil he wanted either up in Chicago. In his mind, he's worth the big money.

However, many of the NT needy teams have now got their guys, and he looks bad going back to the Bears or Oakland and taking the lower deal he bad mouthed (if they even are still offering, which good chance they wouldn't be). So for a player like him, if he's going to take HALF of what he wants to make and feels he should make, he probably demanded it be only a one year deal. A chance for him to "prove it" and hopefully get a bigger payday from someone next year.

Oh, I agree with you. The fact that he took this deal demonstrates that he intends to show up, in shape, light the place up, and then cash in.

And if he does that? Then we'll decide what to offer him, depending on how we feel about the rest of our roster.

Uh, you and I appear to have very different opinions of our OL.

Agreed. Even if BPA is a NT.

The OL might have not been great last year,But we don't know about this year with long or moses...just think of the defense we could have if they add more defensive talent in the first two rounds of the draft..We could smother offenses .

The OL might have not been great last year,But we don't know about this year with long or moses...just think of the defense we could have if they add more defensive talent in the first two rounds of the draft..We could smother offenses .

Moses is garbage at RT and is probably only good as backup LT and isn't he hurt? I didn't believe in Long last year and there is no reason to think he's good now.

This team needs oline.

Archived