Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

A lot of the Washington players seem to decline with wealth.

Our coaching staff has been awful for a long time. It still may be.

That being said, I do like the short term deal for Pot Roast. I've heard a lot about him being out of shape so this will be an incentive for him.

Moses is garbage at RT and is probably only good as backup LT and isn't he hurt? I didn't believe in Long last year and there is no reason to think he's good now.

This team needs oline

So you want to give up on two 3rd rounders from last year just because they didn't perform like first rounders? they need to finish what they have started this year and that is a dominate defense..they have invested way too much resources in the offense the past couple years...

Moses is garbage at RT and is probably only good as backup LT and isn't he hurt? I didn't believe in Long last year and there is no reason to think he's good now.

This team needs oline.

Build through the draft means you don't give up on 3rd round picks after 1 year. Moses is recovering.

I am concerned that Mosesis going to struggle on the right side. But you've got to give him time to figure it out.

Long should be ready by opening day.

They need another guard. But they've got to develop their draft picks. That's how you build through the draft. It takes about 3-4 years to really put the strategy to work because the core guys you get in rounds 2-4,which make up the foundation of your team, generally take 2-4 guys to develop. If you're impatient then you'll never be successful

This team needs oline.

The way the Cowboys built their offensive line isnt the only way to build one. While we all would have loved for both Long and Moses to step in and start right away, it isnt fair to write them off as busts already because they didnt.

Long could push chester in camp for the starting RG job, and if Moses doesnt pan out at RT i think he could be moved inside or at the very least be a decent backup swing tackle.

With that said, id be happy if one of our draft picks was used on a center. Licht doesnt fit the Gruden/GMSM mold.

Might have missed someone already saying it but ... Worst case is Knighton does what Knighton has done and earns a big deal on the field (3 years $24 mil type) for his age going forward either with us or elsewhere. If it's elsewhere,

It should help us land a comp pick in 2017 ... Likely a 3rd if that's his going rate.

So no. One year and done wouldn't be terrible since it could result in a pick if he leaves for a big deal

In case someone was still waiting on Keim/Culliver:

Redskins free-agent notes: Report says Chris Culliver visiting: Some Washington Redskins related fre... http://es.pn/1As2hCT  #Redskins

Shelton would remind me a lot of the JPP pick. We've upped the talent on the DLine, but you can always add more guys there. When the OL gets tired, if you've got a fresh, hungry DLineman you're pretty much gonna get to the QB a few times.

We have Callahan now. Why not see what he can do with our men before labeling them a sunk cost?

Yep. I'm all for it. But I also think we could use a linemen that's more a sure thing as insurance in case that doesn't pan out. Like Scherff or Collins in the 8-12 range ... Can play RT or RG/LG depending on who emerged from Moses/Compton/Long ... Or a guy like Erving early 2nd paired with a 4th or 5th round OT like Havenstein/smith/Robinson. McC drafts OL the more the merrier IMO

Holy **** our run D just got ridiculously better. The middle backers are gonna have a field day on 1st and 2dn down. Really a huge signing for us.

Kinda makes me want to draft Anthony or Perryman to play in there with Rilet/Robinson

Moses and Long will have a real chance to improve with arguably the best O-line coach in the League.

Building through the Draft means more than one year of playing time...

That being said I still would like to see Chester go and add more depth...

Base 34:

Paea-Knighton-Hatcher+rotation of Baker/RJF/Kearse to keep Paea and Hatcher fresh for:

4 man DL sub-packages/ nickel w/ Paea+Hatcher in the middle.

Attaboy Scotty.

Would like to see a FS.

Can't wait for the draft.

I didn't see Ked Golston

That's a positive

I think I saw earlier that McCloughan routinely drafted 1st and 2nd round OL. For a team with so many issues on OL I have no problem investing 1-2 picks a year in the OL. Injuries happen. The more quality OL you have the better. Shoot if long and Moses develop this year into quality RG/RT someone like Scherff or Collins could play LG and bump Lauvao out. Erving could play guard or develop for a year behind Licht. Havenstein would be great OT depth. Nothing wrong with having too many young OL.

This team needs oline.

If you want immediate results from rookies, I suggest watching the NBA. This is the problem with our fans. If the player isn't all-pro after their first year, he's "garbage." How about we let them develop some players like Scot said he wanted to? Not every pick will come flying out of the gates. It doesn't work that way in the NFL.

I for one would not complain if we drafted Havenstein in the 4th but Moses beat him out. Or if we drafted Collins in a trade down and he ended up at LG instead of RT. Or even if Moses looked good but Collins beat him out. Nothing wrong with a strong backup OT (or two)

Pryor SS Gilchrist FS. Would Jets move Milliner for cheap? Maybe we could move him to FS ... Others mentioned that on here earlier

There goes Gilchrist... ****

Poor guy. Been a Skins lifer. He was here during the white-on-white uni combo days.

I respect his versatility and those years of service.

He's also a tremendous man in the community and I hope he gets to hose a radio show.  He'd pair well with Andy Pollin, imo... livin that show up a bit.

But the roster was never going to be legit with him on it.  That's been my measuring stick since about 2011.

Give me Ron Parker and Taylor Mays and I think we would still be ok....

Lol Mays is a bum and I don't know about Parker.

Free agency isn't over and we still have the draft.

We need both a SS and a FS. We'll be lucky to find one of those in the draft.

Archived