Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 1m1 minute ago

Don't worry about the one year guys. This gives Knighton huge motivation to tear it up again this year & cash in at 30 if he wants.

^^^I seriously... SERIOUSLY can't believe MY REDSKINS just did this deal.  It's smart and is almost ALL upside.

russell made a good point.

(gotta take note of time and date..... :) )

1 year 4M is cheap and team friendly.  How'd we swing that?

Maybe he IS out of shape.

I'm sure he'll be back in shape very shortly.  I mean, it's like MMA fighters, they have their fighting weight, and then their walking around weight.

Regardless, an excellent signing.  Helps immediately.

Also means if BPA is an NT (Shelton) we're (the fans) not all "oh no, but we just signed one."

Yeah, this deal could be just the right thing, for both the team and the player.

Low risk for the team. Puts the player into "prove it" mode.

And leaves our draft flexibility untouched.

The guy was desperate. And the over weight thing is legit. Glad they went one year.

I am delighted we signed him......

And I agree, a 1 year deal means there is an underlying issue to me. The guy was probably the 2nd or 3rd ranked DL in FA.

1yr 4mil. My God. Words almost fail me....that not normal....we're rolling the dice IMO...but worth the risk.

Love the deal. Give a guy extra motivation with a short deal. Also keeps us in play for more fat boys. Note also, we've been patient and there are still good players available. Soon the tables will turn and they'll be taking what we're willing to give 'em. Now that's smart GMing

The #Redskins have signed Terrance Knighton, Stephen Paea & Ricky Jean Francois for around 35 million total, & about 15 mill guaranteed.

This is insane. I know Knighton is only 1 year, but we have Ricky down for 3 on the cheap, and Paea at a very reasonable 5M per year for 4. Very good work on the DL so far.

Like some of us have been saying...In GMSM we trust.

I want a Scot McCloughin jersey. #1

Great start to a new era. The whole damn league just snapped their necks and woke up. People are going to learn quick about GMSM and The Redskins. We aint the doormat of the NFL any longer.

Sit back and watch boys, its gonna be a hell of a ride. Today our Phoenix begins to rise.

From the Richmond Times-Dispatch article about the signing:

>> At age 28, Knighton will be the oldest member of the new Washington defensive line. He'll rotate at nose tackle with his best friend from childhood, Chris "Swaggy" Baker.

Three DL signings, I wonder if the Skins will try to renegotiate Hatcher or maybe June 1 him. I know modern NFL you want guys to rotate, but you don't really want to be paying five guys like starters

Stop with this stuff. Every time it's the same thing. We cry about not having depth then the Redskins get depth and immediately it's time to trade/cut someone.

Starters are Baker/Knighton/Paea in probably those positions.

When we go to a pass rush 2-4, a rotation of Paea/Hatcher/Baker/RJF at the two line spots

Culliver is an intriguing guy and here's one guys thoughts....

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/2/8/8000395/49ers-free-agents-2015-chris-culliver-predictions

Today, we're going to look at another cornerback: Chris Culliver. He's had an interesting career as a 49er thus far, but it's been largely limited due to injuries. Culliver is a hard player to gauge due to said injuries, but when he's on the field he's generally successful. He's fairly consistent, though when he starts to get beat, I've noticed he has trouble recovering.

But this past season, I thought Culliver was pretty solid. Like Fooch, I think Culliver had an overall better season than Cox did, though Cox is the guy we hear about when it comes to talk of a potential pay raise. That's because Cox made some bigger and better plays later in the season, while Culliver was solid throughout.

Like some of us have been saying...In GMSM we trust.

I want a Scot McCloughin jersey. #1

Great start to a new era. The whole damn league just snapped their necks and woke up. People are going to learn quick about GMSM and The Redskins. We aint the doormat of the NFL any longer.

Sit back and watch boys, its gonna be a hell of a ride. Today our Phoenix begins to rise.

LOL

.80872377.gif

Archived