Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

Yeah, sounds more and more like Knighton is done deal.  Good moves on the DL.  Knighton is probably a 2-3 year stopgap, but definitely a solid piece in the short term.

I wouldn't count Shelton out with Pot Roast in house, I wouldn't be surprised if the goal was to have 4-5 genuine starters and a total of 7 or 8 guys who can swing in rotation.

Any moves that move us closer to saying goodbye to Golston I approve of.  Same way I'd approve of any move that moves us closer to getting rid of Chester.

You cant teach height is true.  However, it always concerns be when a guy is an atheltic freak, really tall, or really fast, or both, and yet cant hold onto a job.  In that case you have to ask one question:  Considering how physically gifted he is, how BAD must he be at football?

Per Rotoworld

Free agent CB Chris Culliver is visiting the Redskins.

It's Culliver's first-known visit. The Redskins have been trying to add talent at cornerback, but swung and missed on Brandon Browner, and haven't been able to reach an agreement with Perrish Cox. Culliver had a strong 2014 in San Francisco.

Any chance we get both SF Corners (Cox)?

I'm liking the Culliver visit.  Gilchrist escaping NYJ gives me hope there too.

Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Gilchrist, and then someone like Gregory in the draft would really improve the defense top to bottom.

That being said, I'll hold my breath for a while.

I find it interesting that Eagles said they weren't moving up for Mariota yesterday, and then were one of two teams with private meetings with him today.

Any chance we get both SF Corners (Cox)?

Probably not.  Would probably be more costly than Scot wants in terms of secondary investment.

We'd likely need to release someone before we went after two guys.  We've still got DHall, and developing Amerson and Breeland.  Need 1 guy for sure, but probably not two.

Culliver will sign here. Cards have been played with the other DB's. If Knighton signs, another 2/3 will follow quick inc a safety.

I'm really hoping we've played FA well. It looks that way to me.

I agree, I think we'll get a few knocked out here in the next couple days then settle in for a bit.

Could you tell us which areas aren't on that list? 

I'm thinking "LT, and , uh, gimme a minute, . . . " 

LT, WR, TE, RB, QB, C, LB, K, P, even before these moves I thought DL was adequate and I'm tempted to add CB to the list.

I'm talking about areas where the players we have are good enough, at least adequate for the time being.

The fact that Pot Roast is a FA is freaking insane. Best Nose in League #facts

I appreciate his teammate aspect... but I appreciate my GM more

1)  Knighton shows up late Tuesday for a Wednesday mtg

2)  Wednesday afternoon/Thursday morning (after no deal is done) we see "Ravens Interested in Knighton" - conceivably trying to drive up Knighton's price tag - which in the past, has worked to perfection here.

3)  Thursday morning and into the afternoon - twitter blows up with how fat and out of shape Knighton is, which is true, he's a NT.  But sounds bad in the press.

4)  Thursday evening - reports that Knighton is signing with the Redskins as imminent

EDIT and HE JUST SIGNED FOR 1 YEAR AND 4 MIL!!!

Don't **** with One-T Scot

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson 4m4 minutes ago

DT Terrance Knighton just told me "I am going to sign a 1-yr deal with Washington for $4M."

^^^^ If that's true - HOLY ****!!!!

DT Terrance Knighton just told me "I am going to sign a 1-yr deal with Washington for $4M."

Damn you beat me, but this mother ****ing GM is the real DEAL!!!!!!!

1 year 4M is cheap and team friendly.  How'd we swing that?

Maybe he IS out of shape.

I'm sure he'll be back in shape very shortly.  I mean, it's like MMA fighters, they have their fighting weight, and then their walking around weight.

Regardless, an excellent signing.  Helps immediately.

Also means if BPA is an NT (Shelton) we're (the fans) not all "oh no, but we just signed one."

Archived