Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

I'm cranky...no doubt!

You've been smoking with Jay & Silent Bob way too much.

I'm not the one making crazy statements about the team being better than 2012 in its current state and right around the corner of being a contender.  Back up your statements with proof or logic as to how you came up with that conclusion.  

Justin Byram @Justin_Byram 10s10 seconds ago

Prospect. There will be a signing that will catch you off guard sooner than later. #Redskins

Stand by.

It would be nice to finally win a signing battle against the Bears, assuming Parker is a FA we are pursuing.

Yeah, I think a lot of the fans have a high opinion of him.

The more the days go by, the more I like the approach.  Buckle up cause it's going to be a couple of years, but it'll be worth it.

Hey - it beats getting your hopes up for 4 wins.  Now we can stay medium and be happy with 6, all the while knowing that we're building towards something.

I'm not the one making crazy statements about the team being better than 2012 in its current state and right around the corner of being a contender.  Back up your statements with proof or logic as to how you came up with that conclusion.  

Look at the 2012 team that went on the 7 game winning streak.....there isn't one position where that team is better then this one....and we all know this team will sign a few more free agents plus add draft selections.

the big difference is RG3 and the coaching staff is worse.

Look at the 2012 team that went on the 7 game winning streak.....there isn't one position where that team is better then this one....and we all know this team will sign a few more free agents plus add draft selections.

Debatable that the coaching staff is worse.  Yeah, the Shanahans might have been better coaches, but the defensive staff might be better than Haslett's team.  Certainly, the personnel department is likely better if just that the coaching staff isn't selecting the players themselves.

It's close, but I would agree with him that this roster is better than the 2012 one.  Not by a lot, but still better.

QB = Push, since it's the same guy. And even if it's Cousins, I can't see him being better than 2012 RG3.

RB = Push, but I wanna say incomplete, since we just lost Helu a couple days ago

WR = Advantage 2015.  Cuz remember Josh Morgan was the #2 in 2012. 

TE = 2015

OL = Push.  That's really an incomplete too presuming somebody comes in as a starter at RG or RT

DL = 2015

LB = 2015

CB = 2012

S = Push.  This is an incomplete since we don't have any at the moment.

K = 2015

P = 2015

He said to stop acting like we are years away from being good, then said the current roster is better than 2012.   We basically have had the same team over that span.  

QB = push (I agree)

RB = push (though the loss of Helu) (agreed)

WR = 2015 - I said was the best upgrade (I included the TE with that group).  (agreed)

TE = push, imo - Fred put up similar numbers and actually had a great 2011 season and was off to a good start in 2012 before injury.  Reed is injury prone too.  Edge could go to Reed if he can stay on the field.

OL = push (agreed)

DL = 2015 - Hatcher was an upgrade over Bowen, but Baker vs. Cofield, Carriker vs. Jenkins are pushes imo.

LB = push (imo) - Kerrigan, Rak, Riley were all starters (listed - until Raks injury) over that span.  KRob is a slight upgrade over a declining Fletch.  Basically the same linebackers though.

CB = 2012 (agreed)

SS = 2012 - as of right now, they have P. Thomas listed at this spot, Merriweather is better than him

FS = push - Clark retired and before it was Williams in 2012

When you look at the overall big picture, we aren't vastly improved at those positions, with exception of WR.  The addition of Paea improves our Dline.  When I think of improvement, I think of replacing a D/C player with a C+/B player or better.  We just seem to keep bringing in players that are not better than their predecessor (that has retired, cut, lost in FA) or isn't much of an upgrade to make a significant impact on the field consistently on game days.

Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton still meeting with Redskins. Interesting both Raiders/Bears (his former coaches) all passed on him.

Dianna working for the Redskins with that tweet :lol:

Did someone say "Guard" and "signing" in the same sentence? Am I seeing things?

That was actually my response tweet, basically

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna 48s49 seconds ago

A head coach texted me in regards to Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton. "Teams afraid to sign him because he's out of shape" So, there's that.

She's rooting hard for the Redskins.  Lobby on DD!

What happened to perish cox visiting? Is that off now?

A page or two back I posted an update.

Basically if we want him we'd have to come stronger to prevent him from leaving.  Russell loosely implied that he's still here or at least that he hasn't made it to Cleveland yet.

Vlad Duccasse

Gabe Carimi

Paul Fanaika

maybe Chad Rhino Rhinehardt?

Those are the only guards still out there of not that are under 30. 

Outside of WR, one DE position and IMLB (Fletch) the current roster is not any better off than the 2012 team, which is the point I'm trying to make.  Granted the 2012 team was better in the defensive backfield than it was last year or is now.  Also, we all know the 7 game winning streak was a product of system/scheme with the read option.  

You're making it sound like this team is in prime position to make the playoffs, when we are not.  Also, stating that we aren't "years" off from being a contender, which we are.  

You could summon the spirit of Lombardi and he couldn't win with the team we have on the field right now.  We need an o-line capable of creating a pocket and protecting the QB.  We don't have one and the only few top FAs have signed.  We need upgraded at defensive back, all positions, we need an upgrade at ILB and OLB (Raks replacement).  Even with Paea, we still need one stud DT.

Seriously, we need LG, C, RG, RT, DT/NT, ILB, OLB, SS, FS, CB, CB.  That's 11 positions to fill and not including the one DT we brought in.  To acquire the talent to build a contender, it will take 4-5 years.  To go 9-7 or 10-6, hope for a wildcard spot, most likely 2 years at minimum if we hit right in the drafts and land key FAs.

Archived