Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

He looked to be on the decline before his incident and release.

As a player I wouldnt want him, as a man, I wouldn't want him and as anyone that cares about PR, I wouldn't want him

What are the odds that we're one of the "mystery teams" interested in him?  Gruden watched him twice a year in Cincy.  And he's a workhorse who is simultaneously a threat in the passing game....which seems to fit what Gruden likes in his RBs.

Not that I personally would like the move, but it seriously wouldn't surprise me. It just makes too much sense for us to be a mystery team that requested to remain anonymous because of all the drama we're already dealing with right now. 

Hoyer, Sanchez, Locker. And Bradford once he gets released. 

And, of course, Colt McCoy.

Hoyer is going to be re-signed, unless the browns REALLY think that Manzel is ready to go.  

Sanchez I'd stay away from.  Kelly might be the only one who can make that work.  And he might get re-signed as well.  

I wouldn't touch Locker.  Bradford is intriguing.  For the right price, might not be that bad.  Of course, you'd need to assume he'd only play 4 games a year...

Right.  So, if they decide that the Griffin experiment is over, there aren't a lot of "fill in right now" vets available. Which means that the chances are Griffin, McCoy and Cousins come back next year.

Unless they draft somebody. 

Sheesh.  

This pains me to say, but Suh would fill a need.

It's total Redskins unfortunately, and probably be labeled as there they go again.

I'm not really for it, but bracing for impact.

There's no way they'd let him leave Detroit. So I don't think you'd have to worry about this.  

What are the odds that we're one of the "mystery teams" interested in him? Gruden watched him twice a year in Cincy. And he's a workhorse who is simultaneously a threat in the passing game....which seems to fit what Gruden likes in his RBs.

Not that I personally would like the move, but it seriously wouldn't surprise me. It just makes too much sense for us to be a mystery team that requested to remain anonymous because of all the drama we're already dealing with right now.

Bingo! He wants his 'Giovani Bernard'

I wasn't advocating any of them, just answering your question. I guess I could have thrown in Shaun Hill, too.

I don't think it's anywhere near 100% Hoyer gets re-signed. He certainly won't get tagged, so at least someone who wants him will get a chance to bid on him, most likely.

Oh, I know.  I was just commenting on the answer.

I don't think it's 100% he gets re-signed.  Could it be a Drew Brees scenario? Chargers gave up on Brees (granted, there really wasn't anything to give up for Hoyer), then Brees played lights out the next season, but they let him leave in FA because they'd already picked up Rivers.

I wonder if Hoyer is the next Drew Brees.  I find that hard to believe.  But when the Saints signed Brees, I would never have anticipated his production over the next 5-7 years either.   

I wasn't advocating any of them, just answering your question. I guess I could have thrown in Shaun Hill, too.

I don't think it's anywhere near 100% Hoyer gets re-signed. He certainly won't get tagged, so at least someone who wants him will get a chance to bid on him, most likely.

He's been terrible the last two games.  They got lucky in Atlanta and then he got smoked against the Bills yesterday - throwing 5 picks.

I think DG and I said it best up top - you either go with a ho-hum vet and draft QB early (unlikely, as this class sucks) or you get a a decent vet (really it's only Bradford, who can't even stay healthy - or, trade for Cutler - yuck) and draft a mid-round prospect and develop him.  Which we all know we don't really do here.

The Gruden's have a history of getting the most out of journeymen QBs but neither has developed a QB well except for Dalton.

If I'm the GM and Iupati is out there, I go full guns at him.  I'd try and see what's on Bradford's mind, too.  If we can get Bradford and Iupati and then take Peat with our first pick I think our offense is in business.  A lot of moving pieces and "what ifs" going on there though.

Justin Houston was a beast tonight, would be nice to sign that dude to help our defense. 

I wish I shared your optimism, brother. :lol:

Brian Hoyer has thrown one touchdown and six interceptions in the past four games. He ain't ever gonna be Drew Brees.

I'm less confident in Jay Gruden after seeing his approach the last couple of games.  O'Brien is doing phenominal with the hand he was dealt in Houston, playing to the teams strengths.  But he's also got some studs on defense and a competitent staff... so I'm not sure that it's 100% on Gruden.  Same with Kyle... Browns have a really good defense.  Same with Buffalo and Orton.

QB decision for me isn't complicated and probably not popular (shocker right?)

Keep Colt/Kirk and draft a mid/late round developmental QB.*

Get what you can for Griffin 3rd round conditional whatever u get. (Yeah!!!! we get rid of the bum, lol ;)

Colt/Kirk may not be "franchise" QBs but they can function in Jay's pass first system.

Colt is the day 1 starter and the season starter going forward.(Booooo)

*Developmental QB must be from a pro-style preferably WCO.

Get what you can for Griffin 3rd round conditional whatever u get. (Yeah!!!! we get rid of the bum, lol ;)

Colt/Kirk may not be "franchise" QBs but they can function in Jay's pass first system.

Did you see the projections for Cousins based off his 5 games?

Over 5000 yards passing and 29 TDs!

But also 28 picks :lol:

The big reason I didn't want him coming out was cause he has a weak arm.  I think he sees the field well, but a lot of his picks are him throwing the ball more than 15 yards down the field and it just not having the necessary ass on it to get their quickly and that window shuts down.

That's why I call him Kirk Pennington instead of Kirk Grossman.  If you put him in a quick throw rhythm offense he's probably more effective.

Also I think we'd be lucky to get a 6th for Rob at the moment.

If we cut him it's a $6.8 mil hit.  If we trade him it's a little over $3 mil.  So it'd have to be worth it.  Which is why I think he's back next year.  Unless a team (maybe the Rams?) give us a sweet heart deal like a 4th and a 5th.

The Skins won't even get a third for Rob right now. He is under contract for one more year, give him the year to see if he can get right. He is 25 for God's sake. OL, OL and OL. First, second and third priority this offseason. Oh, and a DC please.

I'd bring back Kai, Helu and Duke.  I'd happily drive everyone else to the airport.

On the flip side, I can't wait to see what overpriced skill position players we'll go after while ignoring the lines.   :rolleyes:

Does DB count as skill position?  People always say we do stuff like that but it really seems to me we spend more time spending money on the defense

Haynesworth, Archuleta, Trotter.

On offense the Skins worst FA signings on offense  (in recent memory;I'm discounting Snyder's first year or two.  It was a long time ago now and it's hard to say it's typical now I think) were offensive linemen like Chester

I am operating under the assumption that Gruden had already made up his mind that his QB going forward is not Griffin. And if the HC doesn't want Griffin then you simply move on. Make it a clean break for both parties move on; no Griffin centric drama and you control where he goes, unlike waiting it out a year where he can sign with anyone like the Eagles.

If Colt finishes strong then he deserves to be re-signed and return as the starter or battle in competition with Kirk.

This is offense is system driven and Colt 'gets' Jay's system.

He's been terrible the last two games.  They got lucky in Atlanta and then he got smoked against the Bills yesterday - throwing 5 picks.

This makes me think back to our "argument" about 2 weeks ago where I said Kyle would toss Hoyer aside in a heart beat to get Robert and you went on about how well Hoyer is playing...  Since then, both have been benched.  I still think I am right and we both now know Hoyer isn't playing well.

This makes me think back to our "argument" about 2 weeks ago where I said Kyle would toss Hoyer aside in a heart beat to get Robert and you went on about how well Hoyer is playing...  Since then, both have been benched.  I still think I am right and we both now know Hoyer isn't playing well.

I think you don't appreciate how petulant Robert was with both Shannys if you truly believe that statement.

I am operating under the assumption that Gruden had already made up his mind that his QB going forward is not Griffin. And if the HC doesn't want Griffin then you simply move on. Make it a clean break for both parties move on; no Griffin centric drama and you control where he goes, unlike waiting it out a year where he can sign with anyone like the Eagles.

If Colt finishes strong then he deserves to be re-signed and return as the starter or battle in competition with Kirk.

This is offense is system driven and Colt 'gets' Jay's system.

I cannot believe that anyone would hire a coach who wanted to change  from a QB who won ROTY one year before(which was the case when Gruden was hired) after only five games observing him.

Archived