Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Not clicking. Nope. Never happen.

It's actually funny.

So...heres a funny story for you...

Few days ago we noticed a big spider on the side of our house. Turns out to be a female orbweaver....not poisonous, just menacing looking. Next day we see a male orbweaver made his Web about 50 feet away on the other side of our house. Later that night, the spider moved closer to the female and made his Web right on our front steps so anyone going in or out of the house has to walk through his web. ****er is trying to catch us...

• 3 weeks later...

Spider spooks driver on boat ramp at Bayview and her car rolls into the water

A WOMAN who jumped out of her car after a spider crawled on to her lap on Saturday could do nothing but watch as her car rolled into the water.

The 18-year-old had just pulled up at the Bayview boat ramp in Rowland Reserve when the large huntsman dropped in just after 7am.

Witnesses said she leapt out of the car “and started doing a spider dance” as her car edged towards the water.

Stuart Cooper, who was standing 50m away, said the woman appeared to be in shock.

“Her mum arrived about 15 minutes later and was freaking out because she thought her daughter was in the car,” the Avalon local said.

Click on the link for the full article

Spider dance?

Like this?

Maratus-volans.gif

i was up in the hills in the SW corner of VA this weekend, on a farm.    I swear to god there were about 400 giant banana spiders within 20 feet of the farm house.  My daughter started filling a keg cup with spiders, each about the size of her pretty little hands.    It was wild.

spiders.JPG

Edited by mcsluggo

Years ago, I went to visit the the National Zoo Invertebrate House.  Lots of cool stuff like snails and crabs and bugs.  

At the only exit, there is an enclosure for huge spiders.  Except they aren't enclosed.   They are just hanging out there on their webs, webs strung on both sides of the door.  And over the door.  And on the ceiling.  Right over your head.  Like 8 inches away.  

So, basically I was trapped there for weeks.   I had to eat raw worms and squid to survive.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Years ago, I went to visit the the National Zoo Invertebrate House.  Lots of cool stuff like snails and crabs and bugs.  

At the only exit, there is an enclosure for huge spiders.  Except they aren't enclosed.   They are just hanging out there on their webs, webs strung on both sides of the door.  And over the door.  And on the ceiling.  Right over your head.  Like 8 inches away.  

So, basically I was trapped there for weeks.   I had to eat raw worms and squid to survive.  

the invertebrate house,  its no longer there.... i never heard why...      

( no confirmation on whether it was burnt to the ground)

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

Yup, I was there when our mother in law came in like 3 years ago. Was walking through and saw the exit. Thought the spiders were enclosed. Watched a kid (like 3 years old) walk up and go to push on the glass and watched his hand disappear into web. Not sure what happened to the kid, though I assume he was devoured, because I was leaving the entrance by the time the kid realized what was happening.

Edited by Popeman38
  • Like 1

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/interiors/the-creepy-crawly-reason-why-you-should-start-sleeping-with-one-eye-open/news-story/50a6b4eaa7d3721679d03474780a1715

The creepy crawly reason why you should start sleeping with one eye open

IF YOU’RE not a fan of spiders, this statistic will have your skin crawling.

While we’ve been told time and time again that the “humble huntsman” is nothing to fear, the thought of having one crawl on your body — and face — while asleep would send even the most tolerant person into a tizz.

But according to Michael Tate, known as ‘Ranger Mick’ from the Australian Reptile Park on the NSW Central Coast, we all better get used to the reality of having the unwelcome guests in our bed.

“It’s very likely that someone may have had prey caught on their face by a huntsman. Bushy eyebrows are the perfect hunting ground for a spider,” Mick told 2UE radio hosts John Stanley and Garry Linnell.

“By the time you’re 35 years old, and if you’re living in Sydney, several huntsmen will have walked across your face during your sleep.

*Click Link For More* 

There just might be a correlation between this and Jack Daniels being so popular there. ;)  

3 hours ago, PCS said:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/interiors/the-creepy-crawly-reason-why-you-should-start-sleeping-with-one-eye-open/news-story/50a6b4eaa7d3721679d03474780a1715

*Click Link For More* 

There just might be a correlation between this and Jack Daniels being so popular there. ;)  

That is hilariously stupid and untrue. 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cracked.com/article_24304_6-ways-animals-are-evolving-just-to-screw-us_p2.html

#1. Spiders Will Be Spiders At You

574978_v1.jpgEllie Kay / Wiki Commons

You don't believe us. You don't accept that nature hates you. You think we need to live in harmony with the environment. This is you:

574979_v1.jpgBryce McQuillan / Wiki Commons, Sybe Bakker / iStock
WHY ARE YOU SMILING?!

Huntsman spiders -- which you may recognize as the world's most terrifyingly gigantic ****ing spiders -- have begun their official war-march on civilization. Already, Australians are running straight off the road thanks to surprise Huntsman ambushes while driving.

"Easily countered," you say. "I'll simply don a biohazard suit, grab my flamethrower, and thoroughly inspect the interior of my car before ever setting off anywhere." You think you're so smart. Then, right when you're feeling safe, you flick the headlights on and see the gargantuan, scrambling shadow of this:

574980_v1.jpgdamonline / Reddit
Pictured: Your headlight. Not pictured: You, dead of a horror-stroke in the driver's seat.

We don't have any hard statistics as to exactly how many fatal accidents were the direct result of terrier-sized spiders skittering across the dashboard, but we estimate that, within an error range of .57, the number is "too goddamned many."

574981_v1.gifMegan Roberts / YouTube
Honestly, this guy alone is too goddamned many.

RIP Predicto.

• Like 3