Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

Discovered this one while working on one of the cucumber plants in the garden. Definitely well protected against some other multi legged critters with her around. My wife just about jumped out of her socks when I showed her the picture. I might be the sole caretaker for the garden for awhile. ;) 

38127542_10204544384845147_7637102209120862208_o.jpg

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Giant spider-web cloaks land in Aitoliko, Greece

_103491876_spiderweb2.jpg

Warmer weather conditions in western Greece have led to the eerie spectacle of a 300m-long spider-web in Aitoliko.

A vast area of greenery has been covered by the web, reports the Daily Hellas.

Experts say it is a seasonal phenomenon, caused by Tetragnatha spiders, which can build large nests for mating.

An increase in the mosquito population is also thought to have contributed to the rise in the number of spiders.

_103491877_creepyspiders.png

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 10:21 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Newly discovered species named after Metallica.

If you want to see it crawling, here's the link:

http://i.imgur.com/ffsokyKh.gif

Poecilotheria metallica isn't really all that newly discovered (about 2001 I think) but they are quite striking in appearance. I actually have one. This is her:

p-metallica.png

On a side note, do not handle these (not that any of you would) like the moron in the picture. They can literally move faster than you can blink, they can be defensive, and they have medically significant venom. You're looking at agonizing pain, severe muscle cramps/spasms that can last days or even weeks, fever, difficulty breathing. Definitely a trip to the hospital.

Image result for man burns down house trying to kill spider

California Man Accidentally Sets House on Fire After Trying to Kill Spiders With Blowtorch

Jose is a contributing writer for Complex Media. @ZayMarty

As someone with arachnophobia, the story of a person who accidentally set fire to his parents’ home because he wanted to kill some black widow spiders sounds like a small price to pay to remedy a bigger problem. According to The San Diego Union-Tribune, a California man was house-sitting for his parents Tuesday night when he discovered the spiders.

Being that he was the only person in the residence at the time of the discovery, this brave individual decided to take justice into his own hands by arming himself with a blowtorch. It seems like a ridiculous plan of attack—and maybe it is—but if you want to ensure that you kill these spiders without getting anywhere close to them, you can’t go wrong with a blowtorch. 

Eventually, around 30 firefighters responded to the spider-related fire. Even though the second story of the home and the attic were damaged by the flames, the fire was put out quickly, and the man was able to get out unharmed. The Fresno City firefighters' account tweeted out a common sense message to their residents in light of this bizarre incident. 

Please don't use a blowtorch to kill spiders https://t.co/hcG3P0Pjin

— Fresno Firefighters (@Local753) October 24, 2018

While it’s relieving to know that the man was able to get out unscathed, what about these spiders? Did he get them all? Or are they plotting their revenge for when him and his family return?

Interestingly, it's not the first time someone has tried to use fire to kill a spider and ended up burning their home in the process.

Seems about right...

On 10/22/2018 at 11:11 PM, Xameil said:

He has been mind controlled by them...hes actually a spider zombie now

WE ARE THE HUMAN TIM. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU SPEAK OF. WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN ME, THE HUMAN BEING TIM, FOR A FERMENTED BEVERAGE IN MY WEB HOME THIS EVENING?

• Sad 1

Man in shock after finding a tarantula in his mailbox

Bernd Hallebach, who lives in the city of Mönchengladbach, discovered the spider on Saturday morning, reported local newspaper RP Online on Tuesday.

"I'm quite robust, but that shocked me," he said.

The encounter with the eight-legged animal was so unexpected that Hallebach almost picked it up along with his mail. The idea of it now makes him shudder.

"I was never afraid of spiders...but I am now," Hallebach said.

He later learned that the spider can sting or bite its opponent when it feels attacked or irritated. Fortunately for Hallebach, he did not come into contact with the insect.

Hallebach had no idea who put the spider in his mailbox, and why they did it.

He wanted to report it to the police, because he viewed it as an offence against the protection of species law, and as attempted bodily harm.

However Hallebach claims he was told by police that putting a spider in someone's mailbox was not a criminal offence. The police were unable to trace the case on Monday, RP Online said.

Luckily, the fire brigade caught the spider. They put the animal in a cardboard box and transported it to the nearby Hannen Zoo Centre, which cares for animals.

Click on the link for the full article

Alaska national park posts skin-crawling spider photo for Halloween

GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARK & PRESERVE, Alaska – At first glance it could be a cute dog’s fluffiness under a door, or maybe the fur on a jacket hood?

Nope, it’s spiders.

Alaska’s Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve posted the photo to Facebook, writing:

At first it appeared that to celebrate #Halloween our admin building was sprouting hair, like the Wolf Man. Yet upon closer look, it got creepier — but cool … Those hair-like structures? Legs of hundreds of daddy long-legs!

Image may contain: tree, plant and outdoor
Image may contain: plant and indoor
Image may contain: plant and outdoor

Click on the link for more

• 2 months later...

Australian police respond to spider death threats

According to police, a passerby raised the alarm after hearing a "screaming" toddler and a man repeatedly shouting "Why don't you die?"

But after arriving at a home in suburban Perth, they found the man had merely been trying to kill a spider..... <more at link>

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46735263

in related news... 

burning_house-7501.jpg

• Haha 1

Police in Perth, Australia, thought they had a potentially tragic incident on their hands when they were called to a house after a report of a toddler screaming and a man shouting death threats.

Multiple police units arrived at a property on Wednesday morning after a neighbor heard a child’s piercing screams and a man repeatedly yelling, “Why don’t you die?”

Fearing the worst, officers responded to the incident only to find a man had simply been trying to kill a spider.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dont-die-police-responding-report-death-threats-find-man-just-trying-kill-spider-130109568.html