Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-horror-filled-space-experiments-brought-to-you-by-nasa/

In space, no one can hear you shriek in fear like a little girl.

#4. They Took Spiders Into Space For A Lighthearted Experiment, And They Adapted Disturbingly Well

570076_v1.jpgbella67/Pixabay

If I were Science King, my second order of business would be to punch any subordinate who begins his grant pitch with "Let's take some spiders and ..." squarely in the groin and throw them in the scorpion pit. It wouldn't be a spider pit, because my first order of business would be to nuke all spiders. (Yes, I realize spiders are important to the ecosystem. I wouldn't be a very good Science King.)

That's why it pains me to see that not only are we happily taking spiders to space, but that they'reactually adapting eerily well.

In 2008, NASA figured that they'd get children interested in space by introducing spiders, which is sound logic in the sense that a cool car captures far more attention when you stuff it full of murderous clowns. So they sent a couple of orb-weaving spiders -- the same species as Charlotte from Charlotte's Web -- to the International Space Station and let them do their thing. At first, the spiders were clueless in their new weightless environment, and weaved their webs like drunk frat boys in a confetti factory:

575397_v1.jpgNASA
Ha! Stupid spiders.

And if that would've been the end of it, no one would have batted an eyelid. But after a couple of days' hiatus, the spiders gave it another go. They tore down the original web, set to work again, and somehow leveled the **** up:

575398_v1.jpgNASA
D-did I say "stupid"? I meant "Sir."

Yep, in a matter of days, two spiders figured out a completely alien environment and adjusted accordingly, weaving perfect webs in the weightless abyss of space. The story doesn't tell whether they escaped immediately afterwards by weaving their own fully functional spaceship and flying it to another planet to further advance their newfound space skills, but let's just say it wouldn't surprise me if David Bowie turned out to be a prophet.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

spider goth girl

So a goth is walking down the street with a huge tarantula crawling around on her shoulder.  

A policeman passes, does a doubletake, and says: "That's... that's revolting!  What are you doing with that disgusting creature?"

"Chitter chitter click click" replies the tarantula 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/03/this-massive-huntsman-spider-in-australia-is-what-nightmares-are/

This massive huntsman spider in Australia is what nightmares are made of 

Aphoto of an enormous Hunstman spider spotted in Queensland, Australia, is terrifying social media users.

Barnyard Betty's Rescue, an animal rescue and sanctuary located in the Brisbane Valley, shared the photos of arachnid Charlotte on its Facebook page.

Initially posted last year, Barnyard Betty's staff admitted they were left stunned when the photos of Charlotte began being shared by thousands around the globe this week.

*Click Link for More* 

12088072-massive-huntsman-spider-small_t

• 4 weeks later...