Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

250px-Skun_spiders_closeup.jpg

Fried spider is a regional delicacy in Cambodia. In the Cambodian town of Skuon (Cheung Prey, Kampong Cham Province), the vending of fried spiders as a specialty snack is a popular attraction for tourists passing through this town. Spiders are also available elsewhere in Cambodia — in Phnom Penh for instance — but Skuon, a market town on the highway 75 kilometres (47 mi) from the capital, is the centre of their popularity.[1] The spiders are bred in holes in the ground in villages north of Skuon, or foraged for in nearby forestland, and fried in oil.

the spiders are tossed in a mixture of MSG, sugar, and salt; crushed garlic is fried in oil until fragrant, then the spiders are added and fried alongside the garlic until "the legs are almost completely stiff, by which time the contents of the abdomen are not so runny."[5] The taste has been described as bland, "rather like a cross between chicken and cod",[1] with a contrast in texture from a crispy exterior to a soft centre. The legs contain little flesh, while the head and body have "a delicate white meat inside".[1] There are certainly those who might not enjoy the abdomen, however, as it contains a brown paste consisting of organs, possibly eggs, and excrement. Some call it a delicacy while others recommend not eating it.

So they:

chicken.jpg

• 1 month later...

Australian police save French backpackers from 'spiders as big as dinner plates'

A big, hairy and scary enemy confronted police in Australia's far north on Tuesday evening.

While on patrol a pair of officers in Queensland's Mareeba were flagged down by French backpackers near Granite Creek, about 70 kilometres west of Cairns.

The backpackers claimed their campervan had been invaded by spiders the size of dinner plates.

1468095085287.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

no I can't

what if it contains information that I need to protect myself and my family from the terrible spider menace?

By then it would be too late and no messages could be trusted...especially from mistertim....pretty sure he's already been enslaved by them

In the spirit of defying Predicto's wishes....here is a bump. I'll soon be getting one of these (pic is an adult...I'm getting a baby)

Linothele megatheloides (Colombian funnel web spider...no, not the deadly Australian type)

They make some crazy intricate webs

7579168674_d3e5eda465.jpg

In the spirit of defying Predicto's wishes....here is a bump. I'll soon be getting one of these (pic is an adult...I'm getting a baby)

Linothele megatheloides (Colombian funnel web spider...no, not the deadly Australian type)

They make some crazy intricate webs

Do you collect smallpox, anthrax and botulism cultures as well?

they have similar pet qualities

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1