Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

Ohh this thread is back, eh? Obviously that means you all want to see more pictures of my tarantula. Here's one of her with a bottom up view (she was chilling on the side of the enclosure). You can see her fangs and everything.

ventress-belly.jpg

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

Escaped tarantula grounds plane near Baltimore

LINTHICUM, Md. (AP) — A tarantula that escaped in the cargo hold of a passenger flight from Maryland's BWI airport to Atlanta grounded the plane before it could take off and sent passengers onto another flight.

Brian Kruse, spokesman for Delta Air Lines, tells The Baltimore Sun (http://bsun.md/1YEfXu6) that baggage handlers noticed a baboon tarantula had gotten out of its container on Flight 1525 Wednesday night.

Kruse says the captain grounded the plane so it could be searched for any additional arachnids. Passengers were put on another flight.

Kruse says the spider was confined to the cargo hold and never entered the cabin. No other tarantulas were found.

SpidersTitle.jpg

Edited by China

Woman who feared mystery ‘scratching’ noises could be evil spirit finds spider in her ear

CQMPSFHUYAEpCKP.jpg

A WOMAN who thought she was possessed by evil spirits after hearing strange noises in her head has discovered this living in her ear.

Victim Li Peng told doctors she could hear a strange “scratching noise” especially at night, as well as feel a frequent pain in her left ear, according to local media.

She said the problem had started when she went on a hiking trip with her boyfriend on the outskirts of their home in the city of Xiamen, in East China’s Fujian Province.

Li admitted she had delayed going to see medics because she feared the scratching sounds, which only she could hear, may be due to the fact she had been possessed by evil spirits.

Click on the link for the full article

That spider probably is a demon.   

Good point.  Spiders are evil as it is, but a spider that would like to live in your ear?  That's straight from hell

It was probably whispering the Eagles fight song in her ear at night

And in other spider news...

Spider bites man on plane; his leg 'bursts open'

A British attorney is suing Qatar Airways after a spider bite he received on a flight in South Africa nearly cost him his leg.

The flesh-eating venom from a brown recluse spider whose bite caused a "small, sharp pain" turned barrister John Hogg's leg black.

Initially, he didn't think much of the injury.

"I turned on the light and clearly saw a spider running across the floor before hearing two stewardesses screaming 'Spider!', but I wasn't sure if I had been bitten as it really wasn't very painful," Hogg told the Telegraph.

But the next day his leg swelled up like a sausage and  turned black. He needed immediate medical attention.

By the time he reached a hospital, the leg was "bursting open" with pus.

Doctors were able to save the limb, but Hogg had to undergo three operations and a skin graft. An avid kickboxer and soccer player, he fears he may never play his sports again.

Woman who feared mystery ‘scratching’ noises could be evil spirit finds spider in her ear

A WOMAN who thought she was possessed by evil spirits after hearing strange noises in her head has discovered this living in her ear.

Victim Li Peng told doctors she could hear a strange “scratching noise” especially at night, as well as feel a frequent pain in her left ear, according to local media.

She said the problem had started when she went on a hiking trip with her boyfriend on the outskirts of their home in the city of Xiamen, in East China’s Fujian Province.

Li admitted she had delayed going to see medics because she feared the scratching sounds, which only she could hear, may be due to the fact she had been possessed by evil spirits.

zJfdwX5.gif

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Michigan Woman Finds Black Widow Spider Inside Package of Grapes

A woman says she made a potentially deadly discovery inside a package of grapes she bought from a Walmart Supercenter in Troy, Michigan: a black widow spider.

Click on the link for the full article and video

That's a story? I can probably find 20 of them in my backyard in 10 minutes without looking hard.

Edited by nonniey

For all you spider fans, I found someowne for you to follow on Twitter:

Canadian scientist thrills the web by live-tweeting spider sex

blackwidowspiders-catherinescott.jpg

"Since I was waiting around hoping to catch the spiders in the act, I thought I would tweet a bit," Scott told CBC News on Monday. "I guess the weird and wonderful behaviour of black widows that originally got me hooked was also intriguing to folks following along."

It certainly was, judging by the amount of replies, retweets, favourites and follows that came her way that afternoon (and later, when Gizmodo spotlighted her now viral tweets.)

By the time Scott called it a night, about four hours after she started documenting the mating session and six after it started, spider lovers and casually interested observers alike were on the edge of their seats with anticipation.

"Maybe some nice lite jazz, soft lighting and a nice Chianti would help?" suggested one follower after Scott lamented that the spiders were "taking their time."

"Oh we've got super sexy red lighting up in here," she replied. "And the romantic buzz of the laboratory air circulation."

And their excitement grew with every update Scott provided about the spiders' behaviour.

Click on the link for more