Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

Get the truck worked on today,and after the folks got done with it,they told me about their spider nightmare. Apparently,a large,white,hairy spider with black spots had set up camp under my truck near the back. They killed it,but they weren't happy about finding it. Fascinating. I've been driving the beast around with me for a bit maybe. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually getting a pet tarantula soon. I'll make sure I post pics of me holding it in this thread. :lol:

Awesome. Photoshop it on a shark with a laser on its head. That would be epic

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

Can we PLEASE shut this thread down. 

Please? Pretty Please? 

I promise to be ubber, UBBER good and cause no conflicting angst to any mods in the stadium ever, ever EVER again over whether to boot my ass or keep me around for the novelty value. 

JUST CLOSE THIS EVIL THREAD ALREADY AND MAKE THE NIGHTMARES GO AWAY!

Hail. 

Saw a nasty little fella this week at the beach when I was chillin on the balcony. Didn't recognize the species, and wasnt eager to go in for an up close and personal observation. Looked like it may have been of the orb weaving variety.

Now the only orb weaving he's doing is on the decorations to the Devil's lair in Hell.

Bunch of whimps. Spiders are harmless 99 percent of the time and eat all the nasty critters you really don't want in your house. Spiders don't scare me.

****roaches suck though. I'm not afraid of them, I just hate dealing with them. They're the worst.

"I'm not afraid of them, mind you.   I just hate dealing with them."

h2MJZxL.gif

• Like 1

10$ says you dump one of them thick, big country ****roaches on PJ's head and he'll sing a note higher than Minnie Riperton.

****roaches, crickets, et al wouldn't bother me. Let me know when Crickets and ****roches start spinning annoying webs deliberately in high traffic areas for you, or sending you to the hospital with one bite, for daring to mindlessly swipe at them when they are invading marked territory. Spiders must die.

So funny story....

The wife always whines about spiders.  "I'm afraid of them".  It irritates me because I'm trying to teach my boys to respect things that will hurt you so that if they come face to face with that thing, then they can act quickly and with a level head.  (Army training, SIR!)

The other night we were sitting watching tv and a spider was descending on to her person from the ceiling.  I look over and see this puzzled look on her face turn to absolute terror and she jumped up screaming SPIDER!.  "MR!   COME KILL IT!"  She ran out of the room and I could hear her hyperventilating in the other room.  Over a 1 cm bug.

Heights spook me, flying scares me, and I realize its a control issue I have.  I've never seen someone react in such a terrified, un-able to control themselves kind of way. Fight or flight kicked in and she was GONE.

I was pissed at first that she would freak out like that.  Now, I kinda get it after re-reading this thread.

I don't understand the fear, but I acknowledge it exists.  Maybe I can help her?  I doubt it.

Until she gets over it (fingers crossed) I will continue to be the spider slayer (I rescue them and put them outside).  :ph34r:

Rescue them? Psssshhhhh. When I see a spider it dies. They may rule caves and rainforests and other dark dwellings, but in This dimension, I'm the Presenter, and the Inventor, and the Tormentor.

I gently put them outside so that their extended family of spider mafia doesn't have a reason to come in and inflict a horrible revenge upon me.   

Edited by Predicto

I gently put them outside so that their extended family of spider mafia doesn't have a reason to come in and inflict a horrible revenge upon me.   

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/920/214/9cb.jpg

Edit: Missed the profanity initially. Link to image of comic instead of image itself.

Edited by GhostofSparta