Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough of the BS. What are we doing about the TE situation?

The Trashman

Paulsen one turn over in red zone after making a big catch...Paul also one turn over inside red zone after making a big catch...lol..just sums up the flaws all over the team. .

Paulsen shouldn't even be a TE in the NFL. I have never seen a TE who drops more balls than Logan Paulsen. Why he keeps making the roster, I'll never know.

I have faith in Paulsen. He used to be sure money/ If he doesn't play well this game I think its over for him 

I like Paulsen, he's a solid TE who just does his job. He's got seven receptions from seven targets this year, but the fumbleitis is so frustrating. It's like he doesn't know when to go down and ends up with two or three players trying to tackle him and strip the ball.

Hopefully Reed is ready to go Monday.

Reed is making progress and with the extra day will probably be back for the Seahawks game. 

I'd get out of the Reed business ASAP.  We've all seen his kind before in Washington.  When he has a contract year he'll be an unstoppable beast.  Then when he gets paid he'll go back to his current ways with those injuries that can't be properly disproven by an MRI.  He'll play that out until he gets enough money stringing teams along thinking that maybe, just maybe they can convince this talented kid to love football.  But it will never happen.  He loves money and himself. 

I'd trade him for a 4th rounder today. 

Hopefully Niles Paul comes back healthy and is good to go. We'll see.  

Jordan Reed has talent, but is never available.

Paulson I like, but he's not going to scare anybody, and he's got to hang on to the damn ball.

I would NOT get rid of Reed.  He's costing you nothing but a roster spot.  Nobody is going to offer you anything for him.  There's no reason to cut a second year guy with that much promise just yet.  It's true, he might turn into the Player Never to be Named.  But it's a little too early to give up on him.

I would not get rid of Niles, he's improving, and is solid on ST.  I would not get rid of Paulson.

Honestly, the TE position is really only suspect because of injuries.  

I'd get out of the Reed business ASAP.  We've all seen his kind before in Washington.  When he has a contract year he'll be an unstoppable beast.  Then when he gets paid he'll go back to his current ways with those injuries that can't be properly disproven by an MRI.  He'll play that out until he gets enough money stringing teams along thinking that maybe, just maybe they can convince this talented kid to love football.  But it will never happen.  He loves money and himself. 

I'd trade him for a 4th rounder today. 

He's got two more years on his rookie deal after this season - Reed is going to have to show an ability to stay on the field as well as an ability to get open and catch the football to get another deal of any significance anywhere. 

Offense will be a non-factor come Monday. Doesn't matter who you put out there at TE, Cousins won't have time to get them the ball.

Paulsen is serviceable enough to play until Paul and or Reed come back and he'll be around when those guys get injured again, and again, and again, and again.....

Even if Reed does come back for this game, how long until he is out again?  Two quarters maybe?  Hopefully Paul will be ok in the head and ready to go.  He has been playing great and he seems a hell of a lot more durable then the frail future HOF'er Reed.

Jeez Louise.  We lost Keenan Robinson to injuries for two years and now everyone raves about his playmaking abilities.  So Reed has been injured.  Anyone can get a concussion and anyone can pull a hammy.  Both of those types of injuries aren't boo boos.  The concussion is a serious injury and can take a long time to heal.  A player who gets a concussion is not "soft" nor does a hamstring pull qualify you as "soft".  If you can't run you aren't going to be effective.    I wonder how many of the negative nellies have ever had a bad hamstring pull. 

Yes, I'd like to see Reed get past this bad spell of injuries.  But he's a heck of a player and even if he gets on the field only as often as a 3rd stringer he's a plus for the team. Niles Paul has finally stepped into the role that was envisioned for him for several years. Kudos and I hope he recovers from the concussion (I'm guessing at best another week or so). 

Grant Paulson has played better.  But, if he's evaluated as a 3rd string player what more do you want?  He does catch the ball but isn't going to be very effective after the catch.  Still, when you look at what he's done over his career with the Skins you can't say he hasn't earned the 3rd TE spot. 

Grant Paulson has played better.  But, if he's evaluated as a 3rd string player what more do you want?  He does catch the ball but isn't going to be very effective after the catch.  Still, when you look at what he's done over his career with the Skins you can't say he hasn't earned the 3rd TE spot. 

grant114a.jpg

If Grant Paulsen has to suit up things have got really bad! Now Logan is a dependable 3rd TE ...

Of the positions on the field it seems that the tight end is one of the least fair to complain about.  Jordan Reed, Paul, and Paulsen are a good 1, 2, 3.  No one expects to need to go four and five deep at tight end and certainly we've gotten good production until injuries went insane.  On top of that, it was supposed to be a bad draft for tight ends in the last go around (and we took one anyway).

So, TE is not an area that I think fans should kvetch that the front office did poorly by.

Of the positions on the field it seems that the tight end is one of the least fair to complain about.  Jordan Reed, Paul, and Paulsen are a good 1, 2, 3.  No one expects to need to go four and five deep at tight end and certainly we've gotten good production until injuries went insane.  On top of that, it was supposed to be a bad draft for tight ends in the last go around (and we took one anyway).

So, TE is not an area that I think fans should kvetch that the front office did poorly by.

You need to revisit the lead post. The gist was about the Seahawks game. NOT about the TE position as a whole. I am not so concerned about long term implications, just about the Seahawks game. Even if Paulsen is the #1 with Reed and Young sharing backup duties, there need to be worries for this coming game.

I fail to see the issue with Niles Paul? He's developing(this season) into one of the leagues best TEs. It's pretty amazing really that he's become this good and if he can put the untimely drops and fumbles behind him than we've got a stud TE...

I fail to see the issue with Niles Paul? He's developing(this season) into one of the leagues best TEs. It's pretty amazing really that he's become this good and if he can put the untimely drops and fumbles behind him than we've got a stud TE...

the issue with Niles Paul is he got his head crushed and due to rules on concussions may not be able to play Monday

Archived