Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough of the BS. What are we doing about the TE situation?

The Trashman

If Reed and Paul can't go we have Paulsen and Bolser on the PS. Paulsen had the bad fumble but he can get it done.

Paulsen is the best of the TE group as a blocker and gives us flexibility in terms of formations on running downs - he is dependable as a receiver on short routes and option routes between the numbers but he does not have the speed to run deeper routes and gives you very little in terms of yards after the catch. 

Jeez Louise.  We lost Keenan Robinson to injuries for two years and now everyone raves about his playmaking abilities.  So Reed has been injured.  Anyone can get a concussion and anyone can pull a hammy.  Both of those types of injuries aren't boo boos.  The concussion is a serious injury and can take a long time to heal.  A player who gets a concussion is not "soft" nor does a hamstring pull qualify you as "soft".  If you can't run you aren't going to be effective.    I wonder how many of the negative nellies have ever had a bad hamstring pull. 

Yes, I'd like to see Reed get past this bad spell of injuries.  But he's a heck of a player and even if he gets on the field only as often as a 3rd stringer he's a plus for the team. Niles Paul has finally stepped into the role that was envisioned for him for several years. Kudos and I hope he recovers from the concussion (I'm guessing at best another week or so). 

The problem with Reed goes back to last year when coaches were very frustrated with him  over the concussion deal; which was a precursor to what we've seen this year.  Last year he'd supposedly be fine during the week and the team would gameplan for him.  Then on Saturday he'd have a headache episode and they'd have to scratch him.  That went on for about 8 weeks.  It hasn't even been two weeks and Paul is already expected to suit up!

Then you add in the fact that, somehow, when Reed ended up being hit with his leg in the air (not sprinting or anything) he got a hamstring injury?  Looking at the play looked more like it might be a bruise.  Regardless, you can't tell about a hamstring injury so you have the same issue with Reed teasing he might be a go and then bowing out because of some tightness. 

This kid is all about himself. 

If we can't come up with a solution to this short term problem, given our WRs and Young, we need to worry about our HC not the TEs.

Wouldn't mind seeing Compton and Moses line up at TE on obvious running downs (and not obvious if the Seahawks struggle to stop the heavy run formation). One of them or Young would be open for the pass every time....

If Reed is all about himself he'd better get his ass on the field - because thats the only place he's going to earn a big money extension.

As I said, he will do just enough to tease the team into thinking that maybe, just maybe this kid can be a superstar!  He'll dupe some team into giving him big money and then lay out with one boo-boo after another.  I hope we're smart enough to avoid that.  Today's superstars are more about availability than ability.  The current state of the NFL, more than ever, is that it is a war of attrition. 

Archived