Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the overall ineptitude and fail of this franchise make you enjoy professional football less?

Boss_Hogg

127 members have voted

1. 1. Does the overall ineptitude and fail of this franchise make you enjoy professional football less?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Nope, the greater the challenger/adversity the greater the glory from overcoming it.

It hurts and it sucks and it's even worse since I have no memory of any SB or dominance. 4 playoff appearances, 2 wins in my time. A lifetimes worth of shame.

But I'm still excited and hopeful that we are close to turning it around.

I love college football and the NFL and the losing and embarrassments of VT and the Redskins doesn't change my feelings or interest level in that regard. The only thing that taints the current NFL product to me is Goodell is and his corrupt reign but that doesn't stop me from being a huge nfl fan including enjoying and looking forward to they non Redskins games.

I love the sport and have a great appreciation for the talent out there and love watching it regardless of what's going on with my team.

Yes, in some way.
Now I enjoy more the rest of the games because I bet in every single game with some friends, the one who scores less points at the end of the season will pay the dinner and beers. At least that keep me having fun without the Skins.

In fact last night I had some much fun watching Carolina vs Mizz.

But I'm talking about how I manage the suckings seasons for the last 20 years, the answer to the question is yes I do not enjoy football like some years ago + all that sissy crap rules transforming this sport into Flag football.

The Redskins keep me watching the NFL, not the other way around.

If I stopped watching the Redskins, I'd probably give up on the NFL altogether. There is no excitement for me this Sunday. I'll put on the games, probably the Red Zone channel, but it'll be more like background noise.

Samr here. I'm a Redskins fan first and foremost. There games are the only ones a watch all the way through. When its bye week I havent the slightest intrest in football.

To the OP

Absolutely! Seems like more and more when combined with the continued deteriation of this game.  It might be at an all time high in popularity but the product has been going down hill in my opinion.  As mentioned the rule changes are ruining the game.  The personal foul against us for grazing Eli's helmet was just silly.  More and more the game experience in stadiums is worsening and most advise  to not take kids to games.  I continue to waist money on the Sunday ticket but thats nothing compared to paying for season tickets.

The fact that the Skins are basically out of it so early (again) in the season makes me care less about he NFL in general.  I am still a fan and will watch games but not like I would if the Skins were at least relevant.  My fantasy football team also sucks this year (drafting RG and Reed didn't help).  My college team is also piss poor.

My wife has gotten to where she hates the Skins and the NFL.  She resents that I spend time watching and rooting for team that continually loses and disappoints.  Ive apologized to my sons for turning them into Skins fans but they are diehard like me and just say "some day Dad… Some day… and when they start winning again we can say we stuck with em"… 

But yea, Ill still watch.  Ill watch every game the skins play this year.  Ill put on one of my Redskins hats and shirts.  Ill pace the living room prior to kick off.  Ill be excited for a few minutes .. then sit and eventually start removing Redskins gear in disgust.  As others have said, no more do I get smack talk from friends.  I don't hear the little jabs or jokes.  I have a ton of friends who are Seahawk fans and we used to always smack talk.  Now they feel sorry for me.  I get comments like "they will turn it around"…" I even had one of them say yesterday that the monday night game could go either way.  How pathetic are things when guys don't even want to give me a hard time anymore? I miss that - it was part of the fun.  Now the Skins are a joke.  They are the Raiders of the East.  People feel sorry for us.

Yes. Ruins it. I run the football pool at work for 15 years now, and when the skins suck like they usually do it's rough to handle those duties...

I live in Cincinnati and the Bengals being good now really makes it hard.... Ugh the bengals are better than the skins...

Sheesh. How much can a guy take?

I'm siting here watching RedZone...and godamit, I'm getting angrier.

I'm jealous of other teams being able to do everything the Redskins can't. I'm jealous of the passion/pride exhibited by the other teams' players, I'm jealous of the other fans that don't have a clueless owner, I'm jealous those same fans aren't called racists by local media.

I'm just so ****ing envious because I have this sinking feeling that this team will never turn the corner. Robert can't stay healthy, the team is old, Gruden is clueless, Snyder is cheap, Allen is clueless.

and I used to be a huge homer.

**** my life.

Surprisingly, I actually really enjoyed the games today. Had both TVs set up and enjoyed myself. Would have been better had we won for sure, but today wasn't bad. Maybe we should play all our games on Thursday and get our beating out of the way BEFORE the weekend.....

Going to say yes...I was more invested as a kid/teen...early 20's. The older I get(37 now)..I get tired of the product on the field.(Redskins)  Some players still care..but I can't be disappointed about millionaires losing anymore. It still sucks but, it feels different. With this last loss...I barely watched football today. I used to be a 10am Sunday pre game, all day, 1pm, 4 pm games, night game etc. I only watched parts of games this Sunday...it has waned. It's hard to watch real professional football when the team I love pales in comparison to such a degree.  I played Destiny on PS4 off and on today.

Absolutely. I've grown closer to the Wizards and the NBA because of it. Luckily they rebounded from the Arenas injury with a new group if talent. I don't think I have ever watched more regular season basketball than I did last year and it's because I needed a distraction from football.

(I'm not a baseball fan so the Nats, while appreciated, aren't my thing).

Yes, watching this team isn't fun. It sucks and I'm constantly feeling foolish week after week for being a fan of a franchise that is in the same category as the Raiders, Bills, Browns, and Jaguars.

However, I'm 100% sure I'll be watching the next game as I always do.

Yes, my love for the NFL is directly tied to the success of the Redskins. I do still watch other games, but man it is totally different when we are relevant. I was pissed off after the Giants game, but if we come out against the Seahawks feeling sorry for ourselves and quit I will be livid. We will not win that game but I at least want to see us compete at a high level.

Yes, it has, but it also has It's upside. I no longer feel frustrated or mad that the Redskins lost because I totally expect it now. Which to be honest, makes me a little bit more productive than I was because I spend the time now doing meaningful things instead of pouting about a worthless football team. Which is also ironic because they are what? the 5th wealthiest team in the NFL? The Redskins should be thanking the fans by giving them free tickets to see their worthless asses play. The Redskins franchise is like one big giant Albert Haynesworth.

No, not really. But the horrendously incompetent refs do. The ridiculous amount of penalties being called is quietly destroying the game for me. I just don't care much for defenses not being allowed to play and special teams not being allowed to block. Holding is just called whenever at this point.

Honest question, do you have a harder time watching football after watching this abomination of a franchise?

For me it's very disheartening to see other teams actually execute basic football fundamentals while the Redskins poop all over each other on national TV.

The effort..has anyone witnessed a professional football team give up like the Redskins have?

Hey everyone, this play is called the Haynseworth!

10610692_10204937507496857_1398066801698

(courtesy of Redskins great Daryl Grant via Facebook)

haynesworthchin1010_original.gif?1362555

yes. i am waiting for the NBA to start again

I am 33 and yesterday was the first time in my life that I watched zero football on a Sunday during the season. I don't regret it one bit between the redskins pathetic play and the product the nfl wants to sell as football now I have no desire to watch. I even have a $250 redskins gift card I have had for about a year in the past I would have spent it within days but now i have no desire to spend it.

I was thinking about all the good times I missed over the last 20+ years.  It's all about perspective...

What if I would have been an Anti-Redskin fan?  What fun it would have been to watch every game hoping the Skins lose.  Just when it looked like I would have to watch them win, they would give it away and let the other team score.  It would have been great.  Imagine how much fun it would have been watching Spurrier or Zorn run the team, if I routed the other way.

I wouldn't want to route for another team, but maybe I could change my perspective and enjoy the debacle every Sunday.

BTW, Redskins season is Feb to Sept...Oct thru Jan suck ass.

Being a Redskin fan IS fantasy football.

Not really.  It's nice not caring about the results while watching a game.  The NFL itself is making me enjoy football less and less.  They need to sort it out or they will lose people, myself included.  Yesterday while watching the game I told my wife that I had been looking forward to a tradition of watching football on Sundays with our boys, but if the NFL keeps up this general approach I'm not sure if I can stomach it.

My interest in the NFL has declined and it has a lot to with the Redskins. It also has to do with the direction the NFL has taken. The games seem to go at a turtle pace. So many stupid penalties because of sissy rules added every year. You cannot play defense in this league.

The replay system has sucked the fun out of it. When there is a TD/great play, I don't react either way because I'm wondering if the call will be reversed. It's great when it works in our favor, but it holds up the game. It's 2014, there is more advanced ways of doing this.

I am a Redskins fan only and not a big fan of the NFL.   When the Redskins are bad, I lose interest in the NFL.

This. Plus the games are difficult to watch due to endless commercials.5 minutes of Redskins suckage, 4 minutes of commercials, kickoff, 4 minutes of commercials, 3 minutes of Redskins suckage, 4 minutes of commericals. The college game is nearly as bad though.

Archived